Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 66. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 506
Merit: 252
No, most of the farm is made up of 1GB Radeon 5850 and 6950 cards that kinda suck for mining YAC at the current N value.  The coin we're currently mining is still profitable, and our operating costs to run the farm are pretty high (in the 4 figures per day), so...  Smiley

May I ask what you mine with your 5850 and 6950 these days?

I have 2 of each and their power to hash ratio is just too bad.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
WindMaster, can you point your massive mining operation at YAC until Monday?!? I'll give you 500 YAC Smiley

No, most of the farm is made up of 1GB Radeon 5850 and 6950 cards that kinda suck for mining YAC at the current N value.  The coin we're currently mining is still profitable, and our operating costs to run the farm are pretty high (in the 4 figures per day), so...  Smiley

700 YAC?  Wink

Down to 522 Cheesy

I'm trying to figure out if I should stop mining YAC to make it drop even more, but I don't think I need to do anything different.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
WindMaster, can you point your massive mining operation at YAC until Monday?!? I'll give you 500 YAC Smiley

No, most of the farm is made up of 1GB Radeon 5850 and 6950 cards that kinda suck for mining YAC at the current N value.  The coin we're currently mining is still profitable, and our operating costs to run the farm are pretty high (in the 4 figures per day), so...  Smiley

700 YAC?  Wink
Activity: 347
Merit: 250

No, most of the farm is made up of 1GB Radeon 5850 and 6950 cards that kinda suck for mining YAC at the current N value.  The coin we're currently mining is still profitable, and our operating costs to run the farm are pretty high (in the 4 figures per day), so...  Smiley
Again, we can't predict exactly where the difficulty ends up right? It could be more or less when it settles. You assume the exact same miners from prior to the NFactor change. I say more, new miners will jump on board--optimism.
I think you're overly optimistic - with the way the hashrate fell for all cards that aren't 4GB cards, I would make you a gentlemans wager that we're going to see it below 50% what it was a week ago (1.08k per the mining software, 0.0164 difficulty).  If we settle above 500/0.0763 I would be shocked.  My best cards dropped 60%, my worst 70% and   I'm going to hypothesize that all CPU's dropped by 50%.  So, unless, as you say, there is an influx of new miners, a 60%+ drop in difficulty should not be a surprise.

If your assumptions pan out, the price will have to drop significantly from where it is now or the profitably per R7 240 4GB (and lots of CPUs btw) will be pretty significant. All likely scenarios seem pretty good for me, so I'll bet you 1000 YAC that now until Sunday (midnight EDT) difficulty never drops below 500... Smiley

Accepted.  I honestly think it will go my way, but it's not a sure thing.

Activity: 494
Ahhh, thx so much
 Cheesy
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
It's fine...3.5 were achievable when N factor was 14.
Anyone here running a 750ti? I just wanted to check if 1.23Kh is about right. I read through some older forums and people were getting 3.5kh from the 750ti, but I dont know if that is valid now.

thx
Code:
cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt-jane:YAC -l t4x16 -C 2 -b 4096 -m 1 -i 0 -L 4 -o stratum+tcp://yac.coinmine.pl:9088 -u Worker.Name -p x

It's my .bat file. Using 02-28 (x64 version).

thx I think my cuda dir was screwed, I red/l and now it works, one more question, when you run it does it slow your machine to a crawl?
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Code:
cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt-jane:YAC -l t4x16 -C 2 -b 4096 -m 1 -i 0 -L 4 -o stratum+tcp://yac.coinmine.pl:9088 -u Worker.Name -p x

It's my .bat file. Using 02-28 (x64 version).
So... I don't have a 750ti, but I believe these are the settings to get over 1 khash/s: --algo=scrypt-jane:YAC -l t4x16 -C 2 -b 4096 -m 1 -i 0 -L 4

Let me know how that goes.

Seem to work perfectly. Getting an average of 1.15 over all my 5 cards with a little bit of OC.

Thanks a lot!  Grin

hi, can you give me you exact bat file, I can t get mine to work, also what version of cudaminer are you using 2-28?
So... I don't have a 750ti, but I believe these are the settings to get over 1 khash/s: --algo=scrypt-jane:YAC -l t4x16 -C 2 -b 4096 -m 1 -i 0 -L 4

Seem to work perfectly. Getting an average of 1.20 over all my 5 cards with a little bit of OC.

Thanks a lot!  Grin
It does not like that algo but I tried the auto, same thing just keeps saying Stratum detected new block , but never starts hashing...

I have been trying to get my 750ti to run on any yacoin pool without success , can anyone help out?
I'll probably stay on JPC for a while, but I'm getting ready for the post-JPC mining. I was on YAC for a while before JPC always been very steady,... Smiley

Yeah I amassed a decent bag o' coins with a 750 ti rig...and my own r7 240 2gb cards (which are kinda useless now).
Activity: 693
Again, we can't predict exactly where the difficulty ends up right? It could be more or less when it settles. You assume the exact same miners from prior to the NFactor change. I say more, new miners will jump on board--optimism.
I think you're overly optimistic - with the way the hashrate fell for all cards that aren't 4GB cards, I would make you a gentlemans wager that we're going to see it below 50% what it was a week ago (1.08k per the mining software, 0.0164 difficulty).  If we settle above 500/0.0763 I would be shocked.  My best cards dropped 60%, my worst 70% and   I'm going to hypothesize that all CPU's dropped by 50%.  So, unless, as you say, there is an influx of new miners, a 60%+ drop in difficulty should not be a surprise.

If your assumptions pan out, the price will have to drop significantly from where it is now or the profitably per R7 240 4GB (and lots of CPUs btw) will be pretty significant. All likely scenarios seem pretty good for me, so I'll bet you 1000 YAC that now until Sunday (midnight EDT) difficulty never drops below 500... Smiley

Accepted.  I honestly think it will go my way, but it's not a sure thing.
I'll probably stay on JPC for a while, but I'm getting ready for the post-JPC mining. I was on YAC for a while before JPC always been very steady,... Smiley
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I tried YAC tonight with my 750ti. Without success. Anyone would like to share their .bat file with me. Cheesy

+1  Cry
Nice! Cheesy

Go yac heck yeah  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: