Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 71. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Don't forget to vote in the 10,000 YAC Meme Contest...

http://forum.yacoin.org/index.php?topic=661

(Edited) here is the thread with all of the memes submitted:
http://forum.yacoin.org/index.php?topic=631
Yea, wowww. Your prediction was spot on. I assume the only real change we can make to those R7 240 cards is lookup gap? With my R7 250 4gb, I think increasing R value to 8 times shader count helped clear HW errors, but I will have to get back to you on that after a little more testing.

My question is... will the R7 240 4gb be as obsolete, as the 2gb now seems to be, by the next NFactor change??? The new NVidia 880 might be the only hope for gpu mining YAC at that point, and it wouldn't even come out for a couple months after that NFactor change allegedly.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
With a 6 X R7 240 4GB rig, I am getting a total U share rate of 6 shares/m vs 15 shares/m on NFactor 15 (hashrate can be a little misleading).

I only changed the lookup gap from 2 to 3. I don't think I can do much better than that...

I think this will be the most profitable cpu coin once the difficulty adjusts. Is this something someone can confirm?
My I7-3770k was getting 0.82 khash/s before, and now it is getting exactly half at 0.41 khash/s.

My i7 3610 laptop CPU is around 400 H/sec - half of what it was at NF=14.  That's no surprise whatsoever.  My 2GB R7 250 cards lost quite a bit though and are only twice that of the CPU, but are still using less wattage.

U on R7 240 4GB cards is about 1.1, down from around 2.7 (i think)
R7 250 2GB cards are stinking up the place... U of < 0.7
With a 6 X R7 240 4GB rig, I am getting a total U share rate of 6 shares/m vs 15 shares/m on NFactor 15 (hashrate can be a little misleading).

I only changed the lookup gap from 2 to 3. I don't think I can do much better than that...

I think this will be the most profitable cpu coin once the difficulty adjusts. Is this something someone can confirm?
My I7-3770k was getting 0.82 khash/s before, and now it is getting exactly half at 0.41 khash/s.
Activity: 145
Merit: 101
Overclocked 750Ti now have ~1.20 Kh  Cry
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Just a little over 30 minutes before NFactor of 15 becomes our new life for the next few months!

Who's as excited as I am?  Cool

EDIT: Woohoo, it's here!  Miners adapted and no hiccups Smiley

I'm seeing about half of my regular mining speed on my CPU miners.  Are you getting about half of your N = 14 hashrate with your GPUs?

I landed on 0.41Kh from 0.83Kh on my CPU. edit: corrected 1.1Kh->0.83
R7 240 4GB GPU is giving me HW errors unless I adjust parameters so low it outputs only about 0.5Kh.
A lot of tuning ahead...

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I'll give it a shot...need to stop folding on my R7's first. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Just a little over 30 minutes before NFactor of 15 becomes our new life for the next few months!

EDIT: Woohoo, it's here!  Miners adapted and no hiccups Smiley

I'm seeing about half of my regular mining speed on my CPU miners.  Are you getting about half of your N = 14 hashrate with your GPUs?
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange
Network difficulty is still set to the old N (0.017). According to coinmine.pl there will be 24hours before the difficulty drop (to 0.01).

I notice that after N change the CPU miner (minerd-yacoin-stratum on 5 Xeon cores) isn't getting much slower in term of hash rate but my laptop GPU (GT640M running on cudaminer) gets to 1/3 of N14 hash rate. Now these CPU and GPU miners run at about the same hash rate. YAC is a CPU coin again  Wink
I have to stop my bigger NVdia GPU because it's getting 90C ! Probably due to summer, not the new N.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Any idea for the new config for 750ti using cudaminer for the new nfactor?

would be nice to know thanks!

Try same settings, but lookup-gap x2 bigger

ivanlabrie is the man for this! He may be sleeping right now though.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
Any api on that explorer? Official one is giving me errors.
As far as my data goes, it looks like you guessed it. My data is coming from a live
yacoind executable in server mode that I query using a yacoind executable in client mode
doing RPC calls to the server. It's pretty simple really. But g-damn it's fast. I added
address balance tracking that keeps up to the minute with every new block and responds to
a block chain reorganize. I have a new top 1000 list of addresses that is also kept up to
date on the fly. Check it out here: http://explore.grokonet.com/?top1000=1

I just check this out.  It is really fast.  It's even quicker then trying to find a transaction through my YAC qt wallet!

That is really fast. I wasn't aware about this explorer. Tnx.
Besides I have been getting a lot of errors lately with explorer.yacoin.org (python script, class 'psycopg2.DataError...).

WindMaster needs to update the OP! Add the cryptoaltex and groko's block explorer.
Activity: 1

Activity: 25

The difficulty is too damn high! At least the pump and dumpers will leave us for a while.
Activity: 693

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
As far as my data goes, it looks like you guessed it. My data is coming from a live
yacoind executable in server mode that I query using a yacoind executable in client mode
doing RPC calls to the server. It's pretty simple really. But g-damn it's fast. I added
address balance tracking that keeps up to the minute with every new block and responds to
a block chain reorganize. I have a new top 1000 list of addresses that is also kept up to

I just check this out.  It is really fast.  It's even quicker then trying to find a transaction through my YAC qt wallet!

That is really fast. I wasn't aware about this explorer. Tnx.
Besides I have been getting a lot of errors lately with explorer.yacoin.org (python script, class 'psycopg2.DataError...).
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★

I just check this out.  It is really fast.  It's even quicker then trying to find a transaction through my YAC qt wallet!
Activity: 25
Wink
so, i'm writing the electrum-based block explorer myself now, mostly out of boredom (and also due to lack of volunteers).
the code is a major mess and still WIP (eg. no search box and no address handling so far), so consider this an early alpha preview.

http://yacoin.unsha.net/

PS: i know that i suck hard at writing javascript

That looks real nice! I throw my hat into the battle of the block explorers with my brand new super fast address balance
look up with transactions:

http://explore.grokonet.com
Hi Groko

It's nice to see someone who can still write HTML Wink  One can easily add a "smidge" of Javascript to that html that would "ask" for a new block every ~30 seconds or ~minute or what ever time period you like.  It could even be "done with AJAX". 

Where is the server getting its data from, might I ask?  Is it an "ABE" YACoin talking to a yacoin daemon on the server?

Ron
Thanks Ron! I'm glad you appreciate my simple HTML approach. My web page design skills
are a bit for wanting that is for sure. And I have never attempted to do anything using
JavaScript. But I'm planning on skipping that skill-set with Ruby Rails. My yacoin forum is
a Ruby Rails application.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
it sure looks nice, but adapting it for yac seems kinda challenging given most things are hardcoded in multiple places. also, i don't like the prospect of running Yet Another leveldb alongside the electrum's with essentially the same data. (and neither do i like node.js Tongue)
Hi Sairon

levelDB shouldn't phase you.  Have you seen my video on building a static leveldb library, at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1U1cBx6Ub0? Grin  Should be easy to port back to gcc.  Bitcoin has been doing it since ~0.8.0  YACoins data only seems to be about 300MB / year?

And do you know what a famous pundit said about scriptaculous & other javascript "frameworks"?  I was at a NFJS conference and the (anonymous speaker) said they appear to him to be a "steaming pile of code" Shocked Grin

Ron
nah, leveldb is cool, the problem is it just seems wrong to store the same data twice. either way, i use it from python, not c/c++ Tongue

but did the speaker survive?
Pages:
Jump to: