Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 90. (Read 379983 times)

legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
February 12, 2014, 06:14:34 PM
Sameone should let the Cryptsy know.... now we should not see problems any more
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
February 12, 2014, 06:16:46 AM
just around 13-14 hours left before the whole network forks itself! Shocked
let's hope it won't be skynet Tongue
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
February 11, 2014, 02:05:25 PM
LINUX VRAM ISSUE SOLVED!

I finally figured it out!

Basically, just combine the information from these two sites:

http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/158397

https://litecoin.info/Debian_Linux_cryptocoin_mining_rig_setup_guide

So type this code in the Linux terminal:

nano /etc/profile
     #Add the following to the bottom of the file:
export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100

I am able to push TC higher than I can on Windows now with even less systam RAM! I am also somehow able to increase --gpu-engine higher. Using Linux to mine is great... you don't have to worry about windows product keys as you can use a FREE OS on a CHEAP USB drive! And you can turn off SATA cotroller in BIOS to save some watts.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
February 10, 2014, 12:02:13 PM
One for the experts. Does transaction malleability affect YaCoin?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mtgox-blames-bitcoin-protocol-problem-for-btc-withdrawal-issue-458076

Bitcoin may drag their feet before doing any big changes, so it would be cool to get ahead on this.

Read the whole thread and the corresponding articles linked to in it. It doesn't actually really even affect Bitcoin.  It affects Mt. Gox and how they determine if you received the BTC they sent you - Mt. Gox looks for a Transaction ID on the blockchain that they stored locally at the time a user requests a withdrawl.  Transaction ID's can be changed or mutated, and until they are committed to the blockchain, are not cemented in stone, and may change.  If you look at your inputs, outputs, and transaction times, that is proof enough to determine if a transaction went through or not.

Mt. Gox apparently did not investigate claims of BTC not being received very well, and manually sent second payments because they did not find their locally stored Transaction ID's on the blockchain because they were transformed before being committed to the blockchain. 
The cryptocoin watcher
February 10, 2014, 09:26:40 AM
One for the experts. Does transaction malleability affect YaCoin?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mtgox-blames-bitcoin-protocol-problem-for-btc-withdrawal-issue-458076

Bitcoin may drag their feet before doing any big changes, so it would be cool to get ahead on this.
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
February 09, 2014, 06:58:31 PM
It sure does seem like the verters are mounting an impressive pump and dump, but it also seems to be that they are building the community that may allow it to survive. I know that there was a proposal to implement Zerocoin on top of Yacoin, but this now seems to be heading to Vertcoin first. This seems like a very big step in the right direction. Is this still gonna happen for Yacoin? I gotta say I hope so. I am on the fence about Vertcoin but some of the promoters are claiming "this hasn't been done before." No mention of the fact that they have links to Yacminer for the gpu mining and that the only difference is they chose a lower memory requirement to allow it to be more GPU friendly. This is turning me off to Vertcoin because credit should be given where it is due and that is clearly being avoided. But if there was more acknowledgment of the fact that they just tweaked Yacoin a bit then the price would be .0005 at most, which is where Yacoin belongs right now.

I'm not an expert on Vertcoin - but to me it seems like Vertcoin is just another clone.  People are hyped right now on 'new coins' and 'such wow' and trying to make a few (quick) bucks.  People (including myself) minded bitcoins at a loss of years in hopes that they would someday become valuable and useful.  IMOP these new 'hype coins' with 200 posts an hour don't contain any real thought or development.  Forums are intended to be a place to share information, thoughts, and knowledge.  I understand that not all posts are going to be long; but when I read through a lot of these, there are dozens of pools advertising or people's hashes and dozens more that could have been written by an air-headed 14 year old.

Regardless, I agree with your point above, YAC has been getting the short end of the stick; but good things take time.  Again (IMOP), people are so wrapped up in their 'profitability calculators' and changing their mining pool 2-3x a day, to make couple of pennies today; while others are looking at building the future of tomorrow.

I personally have all of my miners pointed at YAC and I invest in it when ever I can.  I believe this coin is greatly under appreciated, and regardless the number of coins that come from our source code, YAC has a strong foundation and a steady growth; unlike some of the 'roller coaster' 'hypecoins.'  +1,000% profit today, -5,000% loss tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
February 09, 2014, 05:33:48 PM
It sure does seem like the verters are mounting an impressive pump and dump, but it also seems to be that they are building the community that may allow it to survive. I know that there was a proposal to implement Zerocoin on top of Yacoin, but this now seems to be heading to Vertcoin first. This seems like a very big step in the right direction. Is this still gonna happen for Yacoin? I gotta say I hope so. I am on the fence about Vertcoin but some of the promoters are claiming "this hasn't been done before." No mention of the fact that they have links to Yacminer for the gpu mining and that the only difference is they chose a lower memory requirement to allow it to be more GPU friendly. This is turning me off to Vertcoin because credit should be given where it is due and that is clearly being avoided. But if there was more acknowledgment of the fact that they just tweaked Yacoin a bit then the price would be .0005 at most, which is where Yacoin belongs right now.
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
February 09, 2014, 04:05:27 PM
Cryptsy has held my Yacoin in limbo for months now. What a disappointment this coin has been now that Vertcoin is surging forward. Can't help but feel like somebody got screwed here. Seems like all the coins older than two months better rebrand themselves if they want to survive. Trying to wrap my head around the enormous disparity between the two coins and the massive amounts of posts in the forums. Seems to be a trend. Coins that have been around for 6 months to a year have about a tenth of the posts as coins from the last two months. 

It's called "pump and dump".  Check back in 2 years. I'm pretty certain YACoin will still be around. I'm pretty certain many of the others will not.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
February 09, 2014, 07:26:41 AM
Cryptsy has held my Yacoin in limbo for months now. What a disappointment this coin has been now that Vertcoin is surging forward. Can't help but feel like somebody got screwed here. Seems like all the coins older than two months better rebrand themselves if they want to survive. Trying to wrap my head around the enormous disparity between the two coins and the massive amounts of posts in the forums. Seems to be a trend. Coins that have been around for 6 months to a year have about a tenth of the posts as coins from the last two months. 
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
February 09, 2014, 04:04:08 AM
Wonder when cryptsy will start it up.

Any other exchanges? no bter
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
February 09, 2014, 03:59:33 AM
Estimated date of fork:  Thursday, February 13th 2014

I got a Valentine date with Yacoin

I've verified two of the major pools are on the new version (yac.coinmine.pl & yac.ltcoin.net), however I'm not getting any answer from the admin of yac.m-s-t.org.  I'm going to advise anyone mining there to be prepared to switch to a different pool.  It's too bad, this pool has been really solid so far, but absenteeism in the admin is never a good thing.  Sad

Looks like most people have are on yac.coinmine.pl & yacltcoin.net.  At the time of posting this the network speed to 1200 khash/sec and only about 48 khash/sec are still at yac.m-s-t.org.  Looks like we'll be okay.  Hopefully the admins get back to us.

It looks like smallcoin.org still has a pool up and running as well.  They're contributing 72 khash/sec - anyone know if they are on the right version?
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
February 08, 2014, 08:56:42 PM

I've verified two of the major pools are on the new version (yac.coinmine.pl & yac.ltcoin.net), however I'm not getting any answer from the admin of yac.m-s-t.org.  I'm going to advise anyone mining there to be prepared to switch to a different pool.  It's too bad, this pool has been really solid so far, but absenteeism in the admin is never a good thing.  Sad
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 08, 2014, 12:12:28 PM

legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
February 08, 2014, 01:36:44 AM
Almost there....

Current block:  413,492

GCVMMWH
February 06, 2014, 09:38:23 PM
I can't start wallet 0.4.2 on win 8.1 x64!!
Help and advice needed!
Thanks!

Error messages and other info would be helpful. Is this a new install, or are you upgrading? If upgrading from something other than 0.4.1, you'll need to backup everything to another folder, delete everything except for wallet and re-download the blockchain.

I have just moved wallet.dat from another pc, installed 0.4.2 and it starts, but as soon as it starts to load blockchain, it crashes!?!?

On the other PC, were you running version 0.4.1?  

No. 0.4.2 and win 7. On this pc 3 other coin wallets working ok, but, Yac doesn't want to?!?

Update: It worked after few resets and deleting everything from the Roaming/YACoin folder.

Good to hear. I have a new win 7 partition that I am going to use for windows builds in the future, so hopefully that will help with stability on win 7 and 8? 
The cryptocoin watcher
February 06, 2014, 07:32:05 PM
I'm not mining PoW currently but I used to run it with concurrency values that were several multiples of the recommended for my GPU on regular scrypt, and hight lookup gap to match.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
February 06, 2014, 05:23:59 PM
LINUX HELP:

Is anyone using ThirtyBird's YACMiner on Linux? There seems to be an issue with high thread-concurrency values. I am getting CLKernal errors for tc values which work fine on Windows 8.1, and the error occured when I tried a few different GPUs. I made sure I had inputted the following in /etc/profile:

Any thoughts would be very appreciated. I am thinking this problem could be a yacoin specific one as opposed to cgminer with scrypt coins. Or... I overlooked something simple.

[EDIT]
BTW Many, many thanks to ThrityBird. yacminer 3.4.0 is fantastic. The raw intensity adjustment is a HUGE benefit. I'm sending some YAC his way once Cryptsy gets back on the YAC train.

[EDIT - SOLVED]

Basically, just combine the information from these two sites:

http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/158397

https://litecoin.info/Debian_Linux_cryptocoin_mining_rig_setup_guide

So type this code in the Linux terminal:

nano /etc/profile
     #Add the following to the bottom of the file:
export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100

Activity: 337
February 03, 2014, 03:39:54 PM
Help and advice needed!
Thanks!

Error messages and other info would be helpful. Is this a new install, or are you upgrading? If upgrading from something other than 0.4.1, you'll need to backup everything to another folder, delete everything except for wallet and re-download the blockchain.

I have just moved wallet.dat from another pc, installed 0.4.2 and it starts, but as soon as it starts to load blockchain, it crashes!?!?

No. 0.4.2 and win 7. On this pc 3 other coin wallets working ok, but, Yac doesn't want to?!?

Update: It worked after few resets and deleting everything from the Roaming/YACoin folder.
GCVMMWH
February 03, 2014, 03:16:40 PM
Help and advice needed!
Thanks!

Pages:
Jump to: