Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 91. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 337
Merit: 250
February 03, 2014, 06:43:18 AM
I can't start wallet 0.4.2 on win 8.1 x64!!
Help and advice needed!
Thanks!

Error messages and other info would be helpful. Is this a new install, or are you upgrading? If upgrading from something other than 0.4.1, you'll need to backup everything to another folder, delete everything except for wallet and re-download the blockchain.

I have just moved wallet.dat from another pc, installed 0.4.2 and it starts, but as soon as it starts to load blockchain, it crashes!?!?
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
February 01, 2014, 07:39:03 PM
Help and advice needed!
Thanks!

Error messages and other info would be helpful. Is this a new install, or are you upgrading? If upgrading from something other than 0.4.1, you'll need to backup everything to another folder, delete everything except for wallet and re-download the blockchain.

Activity: 337
February 01, 2014, 07:15:57 PM
Help and advice needed!
Thanks!
GCVMMWH
January 31, 2014, 01:19:46 AM
Explorer is back up!  https://explorer.yacoin.org
GCVMMWH
January 30, 2014, 07:23:38 PM
I think there were a lot at the start, when difficulty was low, but I may be mistaken.
Yes, but I don't seem to have those in my DB. The first orphan is at height 66448 with date "Sun May 19 21:20:41 CEST 2013" - so it's 11 days after the start.

Speaking of your database... any word on when it will be back online?  Is there anything you need help with? 

With it being offline for so long, I was thinking about trying to adapt Abe or a blockparser program I found to work with YAC, and thought you might share some wisdom on what pitfalls I will run into?  Your server is the only block explorer for YAC that I know of, and that single point of failure scares me even though it's not critical to how things run, it makes it a little (a lot) more human readable.

sairon has fixed it and I just need to update DNS. explorer.yacoin.org will be back up in about 5 hours.

OK, DNS has been updated. It will take a bit for the internets to register though.
GCVMMWH
January 30, 2014, 01:26:32 PM
I think there were a lot at the start, when difficulty was low, but I may be mistaken.
Yes, but I don't seem to have those in my DB. The first orphan is at height 66448 with date "Sun May 19 21:20:41 CEST 2013" - so it's 11 days after the start.

Speaking of your database... any word on when it will be back online?  Is there anything you need help with? 

With it being offline for so long, I was thinking about trying to adapt Abe or a blockparser program I found to work with YAC, and thought you might share some wisdom on what pitfalls I will run into?  Your server is the only block explorer for YAC that I know of, and that single point of failure scares me even though it's not critical to how things run, it makes it a little (a lot) more human readable.

sairon has fixed it and I just need to update DNS. explorer.yacoin.org will be back up in about 5 hours.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
January 30, 2014, 11:44:10 AM

Activity: 406
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
January 30, 2014, 10:17:15 AM
The cryptocoin watcher
January 30, 2014, 10:13:37 AM
January 30, 2014, 08:42:43 AM
not so funny fun fact: so far we had 10772 orphaned valid blocks. that amounts to ~7.5 days of lost work.
January 28, 2014, 12:16:00 PM
they give me good idea, build exchange, people transfer money to it and you then just lock their coins, nice going, i purchase yac with ltc on craptsy and 2 days after purchase i cant withdraw or exchange since yac balance is frosen, so fu*k you craptsy
well, it's not their problem that the yac network is having security issues, tbh.
What kind of problem?

I'm still CPU mining YAC and selling on bter without any apparent problem.
easy double-spending with proof-of-stake. solved with the lastest update which will kick in around 11th feb, so i expect exchanges to re-enable trading then.

off-topic: the updater process on my block explorer crashed in unclean fashion somehow, so it's now stuck on block 398692    until the rescan finishes (like 20% as of now). it uses a lot of resources, so the explorer runs kinda slow now. i also attempted to fix it so it should not happen again.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 28, 2014, 12:12:56 PM
they give me good idea, build exchange, people transfer money to it and you then just lock their coins, nice going, i purchase yac with ltc on craptsy and 2 days after purchase i cant withdraw or exchange since yac balance is frosen, so fu*k you craptsy
well, it's not their problem that the yac network is having security issues, tbh.
What kind of problem?

I'm still CPU mining YAC and selling on bter without any apparent problem.
January 28, 2014, 12:08:16 PM
Activity: 636
January 28, 2014, 12:02:33 PM
Activity: 421
January 28, 2014, 08:46:54 AM
ya coin is s till aorund
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
January 28, 2014, 08:43:57 AM
Cryptsy removes coins that have reversed transactions.  After block 420,000 this issue should be resolved and they should return the coin permanently.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 28, 2014, 06:00:49 AM
when will craptsy return our coins?

When YAC will be worth it. Currently daily volume on YAC is so little that they don't want to spend their money to pay extra to YAC service/support only because YAC community want it.

No earnings for exchange = no coin on exchange. It's simple as that.

lol yac is still one of the most profitable CPU mining coin today imho, anyway, I was wondering the same about craptsy, I twitted bigvern few days ago but still no answers, in my dashboard I can still see my YAC, but if I click on balance: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/balances#YAC they are not on the list anymore.

BTW, the deposit wallet is still there, they should just give us the chance to withdraw them somehow.
Activity: 535
January 28, 2014, 05:10:42 AM

When YAC will be worth it. Currently daily volume on YAC is so little that they don't want to spend their money to pay extra to YAC service/support only because YAC community want it.

No earnings for exchange = no coin on exchange. It's simple as that.

Activity: 636
January 24, 2014, 07:52:50 PM
January 24, 2014, 10:39:04 AM
Probably lost the link, is there a graph of PoS blocks generation? It'll be interesting to look at after the fork.
The last 2 graphs here:
http://explorer.yacoin.org/graphs.htm

I even prepared a PoS block interval graph, but it's not live yet (soon).
Pages:
Jump to: