Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 175. (Read 346684 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
i assume he's gonna change N on the fly. No current miner have an adjustable N, let alone on the fly by some new field in getblock()

scrypt(N,1,1) means no current miner software will work. Are you gonna release a patch miner? Are you gonna tweak it so your own version is so much better?
Activity: 28
scrypt(N,1,1) means no current miner software will work. Are you gonna release a patch miner? Are you gonna tweak it so your own version is so much better?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I'm clearly missing something here. Is it really that hard to increase the N in a gpu-miner source? as the opencl is compiled into gpu-edible bytecode by the client, shouldnt it just take few modifications in the code?
Or is the value of N so much bigger? If so, how are the CPUs going to take it? take a look at the scrypt whitepaper here [http://www.tarsnap.com/scrypt/scrypt.pdf] - looks like a upper bound of a for-loop and that's it?
Activity: 196
Hehehe many gpu farms are budget so Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Nice idea. What is the starting difficulty going to be?

I'm really confused here. People kicked up a big fuss about BitBar's starting difficulty (even though it was no different to a lot of other coin launches) and now a new coin is launching no-one cares about the starting difficulty? I notice Substrata isn't asking about this in this thread which is amusing to me since half of his 70 odd posts must be about BitBar's difficulty level lol

Why would anyone care about starting difficulty for CPU mined coin?

Same principles apply - you have server farm and botnet owners waiting to unleash 1000s of CPUs on this thing.

Hopefully though they all have those terrible cpu's that suck zero watts but have actually almost zero power. A few good oc i7 or i5 like most gamers have will be the equiv of 10 of those each at least.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

I'm really confused here. People kicked up a big fuss about BitBar's starting difficulty (even though it was no different to a lot of other coin launches) and now a new coin is launching no-one cares about the starting difficulty? I notice Substrata isn't asking about this in this thread which is amusing to me since half of his 70 odd posts must be about BitBar's difficulty level lol

Same principles apply - you have server farm and botnet owners waiting to unleash 1000s of CPUs on this thing.

Generally yes but I'm not sure botnets will manage to make a damage GPU farms are able to do in minutes it's released. And as I sad earlier I'd rather them to make it than those that own 1000's bitcoins, litecoins and each other coin that appeared, few asics and yet jump on each new one.
Activity: 35

BitBar seems like it's unfairly enriching those who were poised to mine in the first hour or so, due to the extremely low (0?) starting difficulty.  Same with Feathercoin and most other altcoins.  If N is reasonable and difficulty is reasonable to start, everyone gets a similar chance of enjoying the kickoff.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

Activity: 26
This sounds interesting, but then the supply of yacoin would be unlimited, right? Why did Bitcoin restrict itself to 21 million?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
Interesting. I wonder if I could mine this coin at the same time as mining a scrypt based coin on my rig ? Or does scrypt mining goble up all the resources ?
Activity: 58
Gpu farms will still have an advantage because they are all connected to CPUs...They are their own mini-botnets.
Activity: 301
Merit: 260
FLO dev
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
I'm just going to assume you mean 24 hours from the server time, which was 8pm. Which is ~4pm EST so...
Activity: 39
My name sugestion is: PRO
Processor Resource Option
Take this abbreviation while it's available!

sic! Very appropriate for this project! I love it! If it will be taken - I'll grant you you some coins, sir (or mrs.)!
Activity: 224
Just fucking stop pushing out useless carbon copy altcoins already.

This time you are probably not right. Check the starting post. This coin might actualy be the best new altcoin launched since Litecoin.

Why? Because it allows botnet mining. Yeah, that's a huge plus, we surely need a new coin just to satisfy people's need to not mine 0.0001 of something but 1.000.000 of something using their CPU.

I know like 20 people that will surely start mining this coin but they have never ever mined anything else because, you see, 99.99% people on this planet just don't give a damn
about 3rd-party miners and other geek bullshits. The moment you tell them it takes more than a cryptocoin wallet to mine you lost them. I guarantee you that with well done promo
for this coin, it would be the most accepted and decentralized of all cryptocoins, past or present. If somehow developer could insure coin can be mined just with the CPU, target
and potentially interested audience would be all people having a computer connected to Internet - few billions of them for sure.

It is how easy is to start mining that majority out there is most interested in, not the mining profit or mining efficiency. Trust me, I tried recruiting at least 20 people to mine BTC
or something else but they all gave up the moment the procedure became a bit geeky.

Here's to believing that 'a few billion' have a computer and internet access and for some reason would want to mine a altcoin with their computer.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
My name sugestion is: PRO
Processor Resource Option
Take this abbreviation while it's available!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I'm down for a new coin I can mine along side of other coins. yacoin on my cpu miner and all the other scrypt based coins on my gpus.
Jump to: