Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 88. (Read 346684 times)

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
It could be you are on abandoned fork or GPU mining, though.

I really hope not  Shocked

I just cloned the source from git and compiled it (1h after launch).

Send some small amount here to check it:

YMkdET8rqmTAZGJEBn92hnL23n5HNh8KFM
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
Just another noob question: I've just startet the client using "yacoin-qt -gen -genproclimit=1 -addnode=82.211.30.212"
Where can I see the mining process?

See help section of wallet - console - "help"for commands. But your Windows (?) task manager should also let you know that your CPU is working hard or not!
Activity: 217
Merit: 10
why wont my qt mine? i used the command in OP
Activity: 84
Not fast enough since you are obviously getting blocks every few seconds, LOL! It should be 60 seconds if only you are the only miner out there.
ATM I'm getting +-1block/5min

mmm doesnt seem to be about luck your getting alot and other people are only getting ophans...

Meh, he is either bullshitting or he found some exploit to mine with gpus. No chance he can get that mining with client when loads of people get f'all.

+1

That such high rate is not normal unless you are BOTNET master, supercomputer admin or something along those lines. Or connected to wrong fork.  Cheesy

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that it's the good fork Cheesy

Just a normal super-admin  Tongue
Activity: 70
Haven't exactly mined before.  I start the wallet within a command prompt with the following parameters: "yacoin-qt-2013-05-08>yacoin-qt -gen -genproclimit=1 -addnode=82.211.30.212" and it yacoin starts up just fine, though I have no idea how to see that it is mining.  Am I missing something?

Check the Help section of the wallet. Open console/debug window and type help for all possible commands.
Activity: 84
Not fast enough since you are obviously getting blocks every few seconds, LOL! It should be 60 seconds if only you are the only miner out there.
ATM I'm getting +-1block/5min

mmm doesnt seem to be about luck your getting alot and other people are only getting ophans...

Meh, he is either bullshitting or he found some exploit to mine with gpus. No chance he can get that mining with client when loads of people get f'all.

Yeaaah...
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
Mined 2000 in the first two hours, now I'm getting 1 block every hour or so  Grin
Whats your rig? I haven't found a block in hours with my i7 Sad

I5 2500K oc'ed to 4.8 - I think this is all about ping, the better your bing the more likely you'll be to get a block before someone else.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Haven't exactly mined before.  I start the wallet within a command prompt with the following parameters: "yacoin-qt-2013-05-08>yacoin-qt -gen -genproclimit=1 -addnode=82.211.30.212" and it yacoin starts up just fine, though I have no idea how to see that it is mining.  Am I missing something?

Check the CPU usage of yacoin-qt. There is no real visual confirmation that it's mining and with the difficulty being up considerably (factor 20 from when I started mining), you can't expect to see new blocks pop up in the wallet very often.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I <3 VW Beetles
Well, at 80kh/s, 20 minutes and nothing. I guess its too short, after 4 hours I will most probably shut it down if I get nothing but orphanes or no blocks.
I live like 5 km from the border of Germany, so that shouldn't be a too big problem.
Activity: 30
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
I wonder how many people own those >1 million YACs...
Over 8 hours of mining on i5 and only 12 orphans... :/ Feel free to feed them: Y7tKGp1x5ZDXPWmfKHMpTdnknqvApvfGhp

few of them, like with any other new coin  Grin
Activity: 336
Just another noob question: I've just startet the client using "yacoin-qt -gen -genproclimit=1 -addnode=82.211.30.212"
Where can I see the mining process?
could someone (not just the dev) being doing something malicious.. that's why we are getting so many orphans? i heard a long time ago about some "tricks" which can cause this?

or.. is it that people are using "better" miners they have compiled themselves
They can occur naturally when two miners produce blocks at similar times.
Activity: 294
Here is the code that calculates N (which determines memory and CPU difficulty).

So, why the hell is there a setting of 4 for before mining starts?

After that,  some number between 0 and 255 that is a function of time.

unsigned char GetNfactor(int64 nTimestamp) {
    int l = 0;

if (nTimestamp <= nChainStartTime)
        return 4;

int64 s = nTimestamp - nChainStartTime;
    while ((s >> 1) > 3) {
      l += 1;
      s >>= 1;
    }

s &= 3;

int n = (l * 170 + s * 25 - 2320) / 100;

if (n < 0) n = 0;

if (n > 255)
        printf("GetNfactor(%d) - something wrong(n == %d)\n", nTimestamp, n);

unsigned char N = (unsigned char)n;
    //printf("GetNfactor: %d -> %d %d : %d / %d\n", nTimestamp - nChainStartTime, l, s, n, min(max(N, minNfactor), maxNfactor));

return min(max(N, minNfactor), maxNfactor);
}
legendary
Activity: 1050
Got 12 orphans till now; and no confirms Sad

If any of you kind folks who have a lot send a few my way please

YGWrfH5xsVJuAeTX4oSTcJg6W3gWyyYZpt
legendary
Activity: 980
Mined 2000 in the first two hours, now I'm getting 1 block every hour or so  Grin
Whats your rig? I haven't found a block in hours with my i7 Sad

What causes orphans? High hashrate machines?
Finding a block that doesn't end up becoming part of the chain. Aka, orphaned.
Activity: 112
What causes orphans? High hashrate machines?
Activity: 874
my miner stops - no longer getting blocks - at 25 transactions???

It's the difficulty, just wait

there is something else going on - the load on my CPU is "0%". It's not even doing anything

Same here

LOL methinks this is a jokecoin then.  I just created a new wallet and it's mining again. It seems this miner by DEFAULT stops at 25 transactions.  WTF?!??!
Activity: 308
Should be called orphancoin  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: