Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ZANO] New Sources|1st ProgPowZ|PoW/PoS Hybrid|Scalable|Private|Contracting - page 27. (Read 36422 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 2
Thanks for the info. I was not familiar with the technicalities of them, I only tried mining different algos. With CN I found the smallest energy consumption for my rig, and the smallest temps for GPUs. So I liked CN mining very much, and I stayed almost exclusivly with it. If wild keccak is better, than welcome my new favourite.  Grin
I don't think I tryed it yet...
I will look forward to mine  Zano from day 1, because it looks promising as a coin/project and miner friendly.
copper member
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Why this mix? Cryptonote and wild keccak? What's wrong with cryptonight? It's the most energy efficient pow algo.

Wild Keccak is also very energy efficient, and there are no ASIC's!  Boolberry's scratchpad is currently around 400mb, which requires it to be stored in global memory vs Cryptonight which is 2-4mb depending on original or "heavy" version.  Wild Keccak PoW calculation is <1ms and cryptonight is 30-100ms.  (Eth is roughly 3-4ms iirc). So I'm not sure what you mean when you say efficient, but WK beats CN at every metric we've considered.

In summary,  WK is not only faster, but much more ASIC resistant than cryptonight.  We will be modifying WK and be releasing WK2 which will make it even more ASIC resistant going forward.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003
Algo coin Huh??

Depend on what you call Algo coin, but if you talk about PoW - then yes, it has PoW part based on Wild Keccak 2 hash function (improved Wild Keccak obviously).

I wonder what the difference will be in the WK 2 algo?  Smiley   As long as they build it for older cards too.
Activity: 64
Merit: 2
Why this mix? Cryptonote and wild keccak? What's wrong with cryptonight? It's the most energy efficient pow algo.
Activity: 627
Merit: 208
Belgian based crypto-enthusiast
Following up this thread
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
PoW mining, AMD OR Nvidia Who better support?
Activity: 906
Merit: 500
Yeah i've been waiting for this for a very long time! Smiley
Activity: 876
Merit: 291
How many coins are created by PoW over time, and how many by PoS longterm?
Activity: 1050
Merit: 295
I hope not to end up with BBR.When is the launch?

We plan to start first public testnet in January and make stress tests on it to see if everything is ok.
Production network launch is planned on February.
How to get ZANO

You can get Zano by PoW mining or buy on exchange.

Can you exchange BBR with the above? What is the specific way?
Swapping is not yet available it seems. neither is the wallet. Giving the WP a read and not only is it illustrative and thoroughly thought out, I'm actually being carried along rather than having terms slammed on my head
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
When will you launch it??
Activity: 976
Merit: 646

We plan to start first public testnet in January and make stress tests on it to see if everything is ok.

How to get ZANO

As soon as we announce you can transfer BBR right from BBR GUI or from BBR exchange to Zano

Is the PoW chain still going to use the Wild Keccak algorithm?

Wild Keccak 2, which is more memory hard, but based on the same idea and fixed some issues compared to original Wild Keccak
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

How to get ZANO

How to get ZANO

legendary

How to get ZANO
Algo coin Huh??

Depend on what you call Algo coin, but if you talk about PoW - then yes, it has PoW part based on Wild Keccak 2 hash function (improved Wild Keccak obviously).

Wild Keccak 2, which is more memory hard, but based on the same idea and fixed some issues compared to original Wild Keccak

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
Lol zano. How did you get so good at shitcoin naming Dr Zoidberg?
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
Pages:
Jump to: