Pages:
Author

Topic: 📌[ANN][ZER]🔐ZERO - Your Transactions Are Your Business ✅ - page 19. (Read 36897 times)

Activity: 338
Merit: 0
You have a working mobile app for ios or android?

If android, hook a brother up  Grin

Not officially released. (Any other versions use with extreme caution) Please wait for "OFFICIAL" announcement from Team. Both IOS/Android will be released at the same time.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
I'm a man of many good opinions
You have a working mobile app for ios or android?

If android, hook a brother up  Grin
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Mining is our Passion! Join us!
Hello Miners,

Long time no see  Grin

I have a good news for you. The mining software we (the old Dev team)  ask for our friend Loliedieb  (better known as LOL miner ) is almost ready.
I have a working test version with me and I can say - it is pretty stable.

With this all promises has been kept and I am proud I did what I could to help zero:)

BTW I still don't see the mobile wallet (it is strange since I have working version ever since I sent the code to the new team.). I use this mobile wallet for mining more then a month already with 0 problems.

New AMD/Nvidia Miner for Zero — Currently under testing

https://twitter.com/ZeroCurrencies/status/1004742172271366150
Activity: 19
(Just read through all of the arguing.  Good.  That's why this forum is better than Discord.  I've seen people get banned in Discord for simple things like just disagreeing to larger things like posting facts.  Keep steering people to Bitcointalk everyone!)

Just installed the ZERO wallet...  there is no password feature, anywhere? No "Encrypt Wallet" feature? Nothing in the text menu. Am I missing something?  This doesn't seem very secure at all.

As an example to test things, like in other wallets, I created a new receiving address.  In other wallets a password is required to do so. No password dialog popped up.

And I wrote it elsewhere, however writing again.  The next wallet update needs some help.  Examples would be animations on the splash screen so it doesn't appear frozen and removing the large green bar after the wallet is synced.
coinmancan, thanks for detailed feedback!

First, let me address the security question.  We are distributing not only a desktop wallet but also a full node running the blockchain behind it. This is like a Qt wallet in the Bitcoin domain, and architecturally is different from a mobile (SVP) wallet that uses a full node running remotely.  In a very real sense, securing the entire computer is needed. This includes physical security of the unit and the room, strong password for the OS login, prompt screen lock with a password, perhaps even a secured BIOS.

Much appreciate the UX observations, and do keep them coming. Would like some comparisons of features and UX, between this and other desktop wallets, like Bitcoin-style Qt, Swing, etc.  And in addition to critique, an occasional word of praise would be so welcome.
  Tearo

Would be happy to oblige on the praise as it is important! (and thank you for your reply above.)

The wallet is VERY slick. Good job  Color scheme well-done.  The graphic choice and placement is perfect.

I have multiple machines online 24/7 running 5+ different QT wallets/nodes.  All, I repeat, *all* have passwords that are required to send, spend, create new addresses, etc.  It may be overkill as yes, the PC needs to be secure from viruses and malware as well as the basic security parameters like you mentioned.  (Which are VERY important by the way!) It was just shocking as I've worked on more than a dozen node wallets and have never seen one with no password functionality.  And on a privacy coin at that.

I can see that there was a high price of $12 when everything in crypto had skyrocketed.  I'm sure those who bought at that time are not happy, but hey, Bitcoin was $20K too, so everything went down.  The depressed price is not necessarily a sign of the product-- it's a sign of the market.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to investing in and learning more about your project.

Thank you for the feedback. The basic problem with wallet encryption as it stands today is that the function is disabled at the node level, and I believe this is so for Zcash and all of the Zcash forks (Hush, Zencash, Z-Classic, etc...). The issue appears to revolve around the z-addresses not functioning properly when the wallet.dat (or wallet.zero in our case) is encrypted. More research is required to unravel this issue. If I'm mistaken on this point and somebody has figured it out please let me know.

In the meantime for end user functionality I've been researching some methods to encrypt/decrypt the wallet file or folder when in use using methods external to the node, but I haven't really worked out a full solution yet.

Which Qt wallet are you running? My personal experience with them has been a little different as they have not required a password in their basic setup.
  CryptoForge
ZERO has separate software for mining on 4 or 8GB cards...

what about for rigs that have a mix of the two?

1) What miner should be chosen and

2) please create a single miner that handles both card sizes.  I can't be the only person out there with mixed-card rigs.

Download individual miners needed - Start separate BAT files.

Mining  FAQ:

1) GPUS with less than 4GB of memory are not supported, as the mining algorithm is quite demanding.

AMD Vega gpus are not supported.
NVIDIA 3GB gpus are not supported.
NVIDIA GTX1050 gpus are not supported.
NVIDIA 6GB gpus are not supported by the Windows miner. They are only supported by the Linux version.

2) If you have an onboard graphics card, you have to disable it in the miner. Use the -d switch to select gpus. If for example you have 3 gpus and one onboard card, you have to add the following at the end of your bat file: -d 1 -d 2 -d 3   |  -i stands for INTENSITY.

Example Bat File : optiminer -s stratum.cryptoforge.cc:3032 -u YOURADDRESS.YOURWORKERNAME -p x -m 8080 -d 1 -d 2 -d 3 -i 1

3) In Windows, make sure to set a permanent swap file (virtual memory) equal to 8GB x (number of cards). For example for 3 x 8GB gpus, this should be AT LEAST 24GB. To do this, go to your computer advanced settings and select the virtual memory tab (may be slightly different, depending on your version of Windows).

4) For optimal performance on AMD gpus, use the blockchain drivers and properly modded bioses and overclock/undervolt settings.

AMD Example:
On AMD RX480-580/8GB cards, optimal settings reported are voltage -100 mV, power 80%, core/mem 1150/2150Hz.

NVIDIA Example:
On NVIDIA 1070 cards, optimal settings reported are TDP 70%, core/mem +100/+500.

5) MINING HARDWARE ROUGH ESTIMATES

AMD
RX 470/480/570/580 8GB = 10-12 S/s
RX 470/480/570/580 4GB = 5-6 S/s

NVIDIA
1060 = 8-9 S/s
1070 = 11-12 S/s
1070Ti = 11-13 S/s
1080 = 12-13 S/s
1080Ti = 15 S/s

6) Mining Rewards
One block is mined every 2 minutes, therefore 720 blocks are mined every day. It takes 720 blocks for freshly mined zeros to mature and to be transferred to your wallet. This means you will see the coins after AT LEAST 24 hours. This is the same for every zero pool. You may verify the transactions by using zeroexplorer.
Activity: 28
Dear team,
There are many miners off from pools. They quit, you could not see that? Miner quit, the coin death. I try warning you but you do not follow me and now I quit too. Good bye.

Simply because the coin is cheap now and renting your computing power is not worth it because you can mine for something else then buy the coin when you cash out.

The question is why price is going down with all these good news and the new team ... if it hit a $1 even then everyone will comeback and mine for Zero! hopefully soon.
Activity: 138
Merit: 1
ZERO has separate software for mining on 4 or 8GB cards...

what about for rigs that have a mix of the two?

1) What miner should be chosen and

2) please create a single miner that handles both card sizes.  I can't be the only person out there with mixed-card rigs.
Activity: 10
Dear team,
There are many miners off from pools. They quit, you could not see that? Miner quit, the coin death. I try warning you but you do not follow me and now I quit too. Good bye.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I really believe that the  ZERO team work is really very dedicated of that they are doing. In the future, ZERO is really limitless. It will occupy a big place in the world of cryptography.

Zerocash adds new, confidential payments extending the protocol and software underlying Bitcoin and at the same time it forms a new protocol
Activity: 157
I really believe that the  ZERO team work is really very dedicated of that they are doing. In the future, ZERO is really limitless. It will occupy a big place in the world of cryptography.
All will be described on the price in exchange, cheerful
(Just read through all of the arguing.  Good.  That's why this forum is better than Discord.  I've seen people get banned in Discord for simple things like just disagreeing to larger things like posting facts.  Keep steering people to Bitcointalk everyone!)

Just installed the ZERO wallet...  there is no password feature, anywhere? No "Encrypt Wallet" feature? Nothing in the text menu. Am I missing something?  This doesn't seem very secure at all.

As an example to test things, like in other wallets, I created a new receiving address.  In other wallets a password is required to do so. No password dialog popped up.

And I wrote it elsewhere, however writing again.  The next wallet update needs some help.  Examples would be animations on the splash screen so it doesn't appear frozen and removing the large green bar after the wallet is synced.

First, let me address the security question.  We are distributing not only a desktop wallet but also a full node running the blockchain behind it. This is like a Qt wallet in the Bitcoin domain, and architecturally is different from a mobile (SVP) wallet that uses a full node running remotely.  In a very real sense, securing the entire computer is needed. This includes physical security of the unit and the room, strong password for the OS login, prompt screen lock with a password, perhaps even a secured BIOS.

Much appreciate the UX observations, and do keep them coming. Would like some comparisons of features and UX, between this and other desktop wallets, like Bitcoin-style Qt, Swing, etc.  And in addition to critique, an occasional word of praise would be so welcome.
  Tearo

Would be happy to oblige on the praise as it is important! (and thank you for your reply above.)

The wallet is VERY slick. Good job  Color scheme well-done.  The graphic choice and placement is perfect.

I have multiple machines online 24/7 running 5+ different QT wallets/nodes.  All, I repeat, *all* have passwords that are required to send, spend, create new addresses, etc.  It may be overkill as yes, the PC needs to be secure from viruses and malware as well as the basic security parameters like you mentioned.  (Which are VERY important by the way!) It was just shocking as I've worked on more than a dozen node wallets and have never seen one with no password functionality.  And on a privacy coin at that.

I can see that there was a high price of $12 when everything in crypto had skyrocketed.  I'm sure those who bought at that time are not happy, but hey, Bitcoin was $20K too, so everything went down.  The depressed price is not necessarily a sign of the product-- it's a sign of the market.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to investing in and learning more about your project.

Activity: 392
Merit: 101
PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr
I don't think it's high, ZEN(I think) had/has 20% dev fee.
7.5% for Development Fund is too high, it should be 3-5%. Beside that, you can add 0.5-1.0% fee for all pool
Best regards
copper member
Activity: 67
Thanks, I will be following the project, Zero look good and sounds better with community takeover
Activity: 235
Merit: 100

Tearo

Pages:
Jump to: