Pages:
Author

Topic: Another ASIC company[Could be a scam?] - page 5. (Read 27334 times)

jml
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 15, 2013, 01:56:06 PM
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
April 15, 2013, 12:50:27 PM
So you were to call your wafer suppliers and give us a tentative shipping date today.
Any updates?

I am still waiting to hear back on an actual shipping date :/

Right now I am being told sometime June / July but that could change depending on the status of the ASIC chips, wish I could give you a solid answer but presently we do not have a solid date on this ourselves.
Activity: 452
Merit: 252
from democracy to self-rule.
April 15, 2013, 12:40:10 PM
So you were to call your wafer suppliers and give us a tentative shipping date today.
Any updates?
April 15, 2013, 12:07:30 PM
April 15, 2013, 12:03:19 PM
Okay here is an update on the escrow idea suggested on the 2nd page of this thread.

In essence, yes, we will happily do that however, what we would prefer is to do an escrow payment for the first 5 ASIC rigs when we are ready and able to ship them to customers.

This basically means that nobody wanting to order one of our ASIC systems has to tie bitcoin funds up prematurely and also, does not put us in the position of tying peoples funds up and having unexpected further delays, thus being labeled 'scammers' further on the boards due to delays, like what is currently happening with BFL by many individuals.

So yes, the first 5 people in this thread to post they would like to utilize the escrow suggestion, we will definitely honor that, once our ASIC Rigs are ready and able to be shipped to customers so long as John K is alright with that and the fees for using him as escrow aren't ridiculous.

Our only real stipulation is that we ask the escrow payments ONLY be used by individuals on BitcoinTalk that are established, well-known on this forum and will actively verify the rigs do work and also post a review of them on this very forum in detail.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
jml
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 14, 2013, 06:15:44 PM
If you are representing a company or companies which is the case, can you post a link to companies house and include the company number here so that the community can see if you are a legitimate registered company? Also, providing names of company reps help a lot in boosting your reputation.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
April 14, 2013, 06:08:53 PM
April 14, 2013, 06:08:16 PM
Anyway, calling it a night as its late and I have stuff to do tomorrow.

Once I have heard back on this (just emailed him about it) I will post and let you know.

Thank you all again for the opportunity to answer your questions and concerns, have a great night, afternoon, morning (whichever applies).
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
April 14, 2013, 06:07:15 PM
I,m thinking about 4 jalapeno but if i preorder with BFL i´ll don´t have it here before August, this is a pont for you, June? Really? Is there anybody who can see it mining? open your doors to someone living close to you with a reputation here and you´ll have more work than you never mind.
April 14, 2013, 06:02:35 PM
If you're the Sales/Marketing guy for the company, any company... and you can promote the company to be a non-scam company I think you will find you will do a hell of a lot more GOOD than BAD.

You still don't go over the company owners head and make decisions on your own, all that achieves is getting the company good publicity and then having to file for JSA the next day.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
April 14, 2013, 05:59:17 PM
If you're the Sales/Marketing guy for the company, any company... and you can promote the company to be a non-scam company I think you will find you will do a hell of a lot more GOOD than BAD.
April 14, 2013, 05:57:35 PM
Let me speak with Pete tomorrow and will let you guys know.

I personally think it is a great idea but ultimately I'm just sales/marketing so it isn't my decision to make I really don't think there should be any concerns with it though from our end.
This totally should be your decision.

I will pretty much assure you that if you can deliver a working ASIC to me then other people will order quickly. They will literally flow in. People want ASICs and people want them now.

No. It shouldn't, it isn't my company, I'm just an employee.

That'd be like a worker at the Budweiser factory just randomly deciding to change the recipe because a few people wanted it changing.

It isn't my job to dictate company policy, no matter how much I like the idea personally.

People may want ASICs now but right now, as I have already stated we are unsure of shipping based on what our chip provider has told us, what is to stop us (potentially if we were scammers) having 1 device made, shipped to you and then taking hundreds, potentially thousands of orders after you have posted pics, reviews, etc?

We'd rather start selling once we know for certain we can ship based on demand not just take peoples money and constantly delay their shipping, that is what happened with BFL, we want to learn from the mistakes of others, not duplicate them LOL
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
April 14, 2013, 05:53:12 PM

I personally think it is a great idea but ultimately I'm just sales/marketing so it isn't my decision to make I really don't think there should be any concerns with it though from our end.

Sounds good Smiley
April 14, 2013, 05:50:39 PM

This totally should be your decision.

I will pretty much assure you that if you can deliver a working ASIC to me then other people will order quickly. They will literally flow in. People want ASICs and people want them now.
Activity: 20
April 14, 2013, 05:49:49 PM
I got one.  I decided to open it to view the components and found something very interesting.
http://previews.agefotostock.com/previewimage/bajaage/920fa6f4acf56ff39e99ce1a9b2f2c40/NGR-02A10P8Q.jpg
April 14, 2013, 05:49:02 PM

April 14, 2013, 05:47:14 PM
It's essentially a very good opportunity for this company to prove their worth.

I will document, pictures, update, etc if it happens.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
April 14, 2013, 05:46:26 PM
The way I would imagine it would work is...

You tell me price.
I pay that money to John K [you pay any Escrow fees associated - you are proving your value to the community, not me]

You ship.

I receive.

I confirm it works/mines.

John K releases funds.

You get MANY orders from other users.

If you agree to this deal (and there is no reason not to if you are legit) I'm definitely in as well. If the price and specs correspond to the website, I'm open to discuss paying for the escrow fee as well.
April 14, 2013, 05:41:14 PM
The way I would imagine it would work is...

You tell me price.
I pay that money to John K [you pay any Escrow fees associated - you are proving your value to the community, not me]

You ship.

I receive.

I confirm it works/mines.

John K releases funds.

You get MANY orders from other users.
Pages:
Jump to: