Pages:
Author

Topic: Another ASIC company[Could be a scam?] - page 6. (Read 27334 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
April 14, 2013, 05:33:11 PM
I'll buy an ASIC Miner if you use John K as an Escrow.

Are you in?

I have no idea who that is sorry.

I don't think we would have any issues utilizing an Escrow service though, will need to see what the company owner says but yes, that could definitely be a way we can alleviate some of the doubts people are having.

I will say though that right now, as already mentioned, we are experiencing delays with our chip provider so ultimately I'm not sure presently what expected shipping would be, I will definitely find out tomorrow though and keep you updated on this option Smiley
Find out. Update us and give me a price.

John K is a Moderator on this forum and offers a lot of the Escrow services in use. I can pay in Bank Transfer/SEPA/FPS/PayPal etc. It will all go through John K.

If you can ship an ASIC to someone, me for example, then you will generate orders quickly without doubt.

Ultimately it isn't my decision but I will definitely ask the company owner tomorrow and keep you updated on this, I actually like the idea, my only concern would be with delivery but as the funds are in escrow you aren't really losing anything and neither are we once we are able to ship units so I'm not seeing it being a problem Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
April 14, 2013, 05:30:22 PM

Are you in?

I don't think we would have any issues utilizing an Escrow service though, will need to see what the company owner says but yes, that could definitely be a way we can alleviate some of the doubts people are having.

I will say though that right now, as already mentioned, we are experiencing delays with our chip provider so ultimately I'm not sure presently what expected shipping would be, I will definitely find out tomorrow though and keep you updated on this option Smiley
Find out. Update us and give me a price.

John K is a Moderator on this forum and offers a lot of the Escrow services in use. I can pay in Bank Transfer/SEPA/FPS/PayPal etc. It will all go through John K.

If you can ship an ASIC to someone, me for example, then you will generate orders quickly without doubt.
April 14, 2013, 05:26:38 PM

Are you in?

Activity: 672
Merit: 501
April 14, 2013, 05:22:43 PM

Are you in?
April 14, 2013, 05:19:07 PM
So roughly $750 for HD cards, a few hundred for mobo, case, power.  Not a lot of profit in if if not a scam.  This is a quick assumption of the GR1 (800MH/s).  Cheaper and more efficient to purchase the parts and skip the $100 shipping. 

This sounds a lot more like a group building rigs for mining based on current available hardware and accepting bitcoins.

Just my opinion.

That is exactly what we are doing with our GPU Rigs.

It is unfortunate that new business in the bitcoin mining industry are being instantly labeled as scam artists based on past experiences individuals have had with other companies but honestly, this was expected. I just hope that over time we can show that we are not here to scam anyone and that we can earn the trust of the mining community.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, however, your company:

Has blatantly ripped off images on both sites (and GXMINING.COM, which seems linked to you also) of Butterfly Labs devices

Has not shown a shred of proof of anything you claim, can you provide a photo or evidence of a prototype? Anything?

Can you provide an explanation for both of these issues?

If not I don't think you will be leaving "It's an obvious scam" world anytime soon.  You are correct in many new companies being labeled a scam, and that is because most of them are. It is very hard to tell at the moment who is real and who is not. I am not targeting your company directly or on purpose, only presenting evidence found so far that makes it seem like it is. If you are legit then I am happy to remove you from my other thread as a scam site: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1835276, but you must provide proof of such or words are just that.

True, a home address as a business address is not uncommon, however for a hardware manufacturer it is.

We have not blatantly ripped off anything thank you. We are building our ASIC systems based on what is currently, considered to be the popular look and feel of them, hence it is showing a mockup of a device similar in size and quality of a BFL mining system with a brushed aluminium look.

A prototype of what? Right now our primary focus is sourcing working ASIC chips that do what they are supposed to, we have not even started the build out process for the final rigs because until we have working chips, anything else we can 'show' will just be that, for show and not actually worth the pixels it would be presented online in.

Again, we are not manufacturing these chips ourselves, we're using a semiconductor company based in the United States (On Semiconductors) to manufacture the chips, once we have access to proven, reliable chips, the manufacturing process will begin... Right now we are not even promoting our ASIC rigs instead we are focusing on promoting our existing GPU building business model or are you saying we are unable to build GPU miners and have those shipped out to customers that order them?

I am personally slightly confused as to what we are actually being accused of scammers for? The fact we are looking for a viable, working source of ASIC chips to produce affordable miners? Or that we are able to produce GPU based mining systems? Or that we have 2 websites that look similar to each other, only one of which we are actually promoting presently? Or that our company is registered to our owners residential address? Or just the fact that hopefully, in a few months time we will be able to start selling and shipping ASIC devices once they are available?

I mean sure, if you can backup your claims we are scammers, by all means do so, until then, as I mentioned in my response above, it just seems like a case of once bitten twice shy, by a community of individuals who may have (or may not if BFL ship) been scammed before, which personally neither I nor the company owner can fault, we haven't solicited any people to pre-order and in fact in a thread yesterday on this very forum, I suggested that someone asking about ordering wait until I knew what the actual shipping date for our ASIC models would be.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
April 14, 2013, 04:29:09 PM
So roughly $750 for HD cards, a few hundred for mobo, case, power.  Not a lot of profit in if if not a scam.  This is a quick assumption of the GR1 (800MH/s).  Cheaper and more efficient to purchase the parts and skip the $100 shipping. 

This sounds a lot more like a group building rigs for mining based on current available hardware and accepting bitcoins.

Just my opinion.

It is unfortunate that new business in the bitcoin mining industry are being instantly labeled as scam artists based on past experiences individuals have had with other companies but honestly, this was expected. I just hope that over time we can show that we are not here to scam anyone and that we can earn the trust of the mining community.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, however, your company:

Has blatantly ripped off images on both sites (and GXMINING.COM, which seems linked to you also) of Butterfly Labs devices

Has not shown a shred of proof of anything you claim, can you provide a photo or evidence of a prototype? Anything?

Can you provide an explanation for both of these issues?

If not I don't think you will be leaving "It's an obvious scam" world anytime soon.  You are correct in many new companies being labeled a scam, and that is because most of them are. It is very hard to tell at the moment who is real and who is not. I am not targeting your company directly or on purpose, only presenting evidence found so far that makes it seem like it is. If you are legit then I am happy to remove you from my other thread as a scam site: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1835276, but you must provide proof of such or words are just that.

True, a home address as a business address is not uncommon, however for a hardware manufacturer it is.

April 14, 2013, 01:57:20 PM

Just my opinion.

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
April 14, 2013, 01:51:16 PM

Just my opinion.
April 14, 2013, 01:42:56 PM
Hello everyone I was alerted to this thread by email so wanted to address some of your concerns.

First and foremost, we are definitely not a scam company, we are however a new company that has only come out publicly over the past 7 days (we have been working on our product line for about 2 months though) with the launch of both our http://www.gpurigs.com website and our http://www.asicrigs.com website.

Yes, both sites have the same layout and color scheme on them as we are wanting to keep our costs low while we maintain our growth by maximizing our profitability, that is just good business logic.

Our ASIC chips are being manufactured by an established company in the United States, ON Semiconductors, we are not, as someone jokingly stated, manufacturing them from our company owners home. On Semiconductors have been in business for over 40 years manufacturing chipsets so we are fully confident in their ability to produce the chipsets for our ASIC devices, despite there already being a couple of delays due to the components not meeting the hashing power we require for the mining devices.

Secondly, yes our business is registered via the owners private residence presently, just like millions of other companies around the globe, once we have established ourselves we will obviously be looking to take the business out of the home and into a commercial property but for now, we are registered to a private residential address (as someone has already used Google maps to post).

As for our phone number not working, you are correct, this is an online business and we answer all emails in a timely manner, there is absolutely no need for us to have a phone number on our website, again, just as millions of other websites do not list their phone numbers.

If this makes you think we are a scam company, so be it, but ultimately, we have not approached anyone to purchase (or pressure them to purchase) any of our ASIC rigs due to orders not being able to be fulfilled until at least June-July presently but we are actively starting to promote our GPU Rigs (see signature) if anyone would like to purchase one of those (GPU Rigs should be shipped within 7-10 days of order).

Once we are ready (and confident) that we can meet the needs, expectations and demands and more importantly ship our ASIC line of products, we will obviously start promoting those heavily (we are in soft-launch stage presently).

In addition, it was also mentioned that our ASIC mining devices look similar in style to the BFL product line, this is correct, we wanted to open them to the market with a design and specification that potential customers are already used to seeing, much like if another company was to launch a new range of laptops, they would ensure that they actually looked like existing laptops in the marketplace.

I am sure that there are many of you whom after reading this response will still be skeptical and unfortunately I doubt there is anything I can do to overcome that (based on past experiences with companies actively selling ASIC setups that have over-promised and under-delivered) I just hope that over time, we can become a trusted provider of bitcoin and litecoin mining devices to the industry.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to address these concerns and, if  you have any other questions, comments or concerns I would be happy to discuss them publicly on this community forum or, privately by email if you wish to contact us directly.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
April 14, 2013, 03:23:12 AM
There is another almost just like it called gxmining.com, it has the same 'Shopped BFL units. Same scammers perhaps?
Activity: 42
April 14, 2013, 12:07:27 AM
The fact it looks identical to Butterfly Labs device, phone number does not work, and add to cart does nothing, makes it look like not a real site.

Really good web design however!
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
April 13, 2013, 11:40:54 PM
No Pick and Place inside the house? Roll Eyes

Maybe its in the shed which is itself a subterranean base with hundreds of henchmen working tirelessly packing ASIC's for the world population a-la Dr.Evil style. But I doubt it Smiley

And who needs an oven when you have a secret volcano lair.

I shall call him..... mini-Josh.  Come mini-Josh!
jml
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 13, 2013, 11:13:50 PM

Maybe its in the shed which is itself a subterranean base with hundreds of henchmen working tirelessly packing ASIC's for the world population a-la Dr.Evil style. But I doubt it Smiley
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
April 13, 2013, 09:30:41 PM
jml
April 13, 2013, 09:17:00 PM
IMO, ASIC technology reputation for bitcoin mining is bad due to ASIC companies (some that are fake) who are popping like daisies, are abusing the mining community into buying their vapour products. Companies that have no visible demonstrations of how their products work are advertising freely with no one to keep them checked and being funded by pre-orders never to be seen. More worryingly is the fact that bogus companies like GPU rigs LTD and ASIC rigs LTD are not even listed in the companies house website and have listed a residential house as its headquarters!!!

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//companysearch?disp=1&frfsh=1365901954&#result

I believe that ASIC rigs LTD and GPU rigs LTD should be flagged as scam companies.

What are your views?
jml
April 13, 2013, 09:02:08 PM
Here's another for the list....ASIC rigs.

I didn't know that ASIC's could be manufactured in your very own home! Tongue

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
April 13, 2013, 07:24:29 PM

Lol. They didn't even bother changing their color scheme.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 13, 2013, 07:23:23 PM
Activity: 224
April 09, 2013, 10:04:00 PM
If you click on "buy now" button, it does not actually work. LOL
Let's not try that. Just in case.
jml
April 09, 2013, 06:15:36 PM
They are asking for 30BTC at the current rate of 1BTC = 237USD, so 237USD * 30BTC = $7110

No previous announcements and looks like the box is photoshopped from BFL single SC.

Hmmmm.... wait for it......... smells like............... scam Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: