Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 22. (Read 137421 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
T9 is available for 1140$ BTW
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
Did any of you notice, they have no miners at all on the page anymore?

L3+ vanished while all BTC miners are displayed as "sold out"
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Just received an email from UPS, seems my miners are stuck in Mumbai:
A mechanical failure has delayed delivery

Any others with the same problem?

If my May 15th batch says the same for Minnesota in the USA..we shall then have proof it is a plot! Smiley (couldn't resist sorry) Sad

(sorry your place sounds cool and exotic ..here..er cold and damp presently) Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Just received an email from UPS, seems my miners are stuck in Mumbai:
A mechanical failure has delayed delivery

Any others with the same problem?

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
just sent payment for one of those july 15 delivery L3's. bout to order a 100/220v step up transformer for like 60 bucks at bh photo video online store.

really hoping this beast gets here unscathed!!! all the fud kept me from ordering more than one...but at like 1.5 btc for everything i mean how could i

not. any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

no rush since i got like 90 days beofre it gets here IF they decide to ship it to me  Grin

I tried one of these step up converters at home when the Antminer S7 first came out. I would run it for a number of hours and eventually it would trip the 20A breaker in circuit panel. I ran the same s7's using ATX power supplies and never had one problem with breakers. Decided it might not be safe to use and gave up on it

Thanks... sorry for not responding sooner, i know im hella noob!!

Really wanna make sure i set everything up right. I believe in crypto but got burned back in life happened in 2015 and sold my gpu setup. have been buying slowly since but feel that crypto has enough exposure to where investing in it to secure the network seems better for crypto/my roi than just buying BTC to trade. Im a mechanincal engineer by trade and greater than average computer skills and electrical understanding.

I looked up the ATX Hercules 1600W....Do you think this would work? probably going to have an electrician hook up something close to the breaker box so that I can run everything.

I look forward to being a contributing member to community and hopefully will meet some interesting and knowledgeable people in the process.

Nice to meet everyone!!!

that psu will work for 1 and only 1 miner and will use every pci cable it has. chances r that psu uses 18awg cables like most do and they cant handle as much power as the 16awg cables can. even the evga g2 1300w psu uses 18awg cables.

as for the step up transformer....you will be using more power if you run the psu's connected to that if im not mistaken. they are also not recommended as a permanent solution to your 22ov needs. i run a step up converter with one of my rework stations i bought because it only runs on 200v and above....at 110v it runs at less than half capacity and wont fully heat up using 110v. since its not perminantly running the step up converter is fine for my needs but miners need to run 24/7 so a step up converter isnt the right option to go with.

What is the best solution for adding the right power? I am working on several rigs I estimate the power draw will be close to 6000 watts, how do I ensure I am running a proper, efficient, and safe setup?
well lets say you have 20a breakers. that will get you about 2000w on each breakers. if the house or building came with 20a breakers your good but if the breakers before or currently are 10-15a do NOT swap them out with larger breakers because the wiring in the walls wont match what the 20a breaker needs.

if your running the 6000w at home you will have to spread the load up into multiple locations in the house. even if u have the 6000w capacity running that much in 1 room of a house is probably not going to happen. most houses are 1-2 rooms per breaker. in my house the only room with its own breaker is my bedroom which is the master bedroom. the 2 rooms next to the master are on 1 breaker. and so on. the living room has all of the wall sockets on a single 20a breaker and that handles quite a few sockets. this kind of setup is typical for most houses made in the us unless special requests were made when it was being built which isnt the case for probably 99.99% of the homes built in the US. if you ran 6000w even in the largest single room in your house those miners would over heat because its just too much power for a single room to handle.

as for psus...an atx psu works fine but since most come with 18awg cables and 18awg cables would burn up under that much load you will need to use 2 cables per board for a total of 9 cables from a single atx psu. you can use a server psu setup and use 16awg pci-e cables and that will need only 5 cables if the power draw is what bitmain claims it to be. i wont find out until tonight....they got delivered but im still at work.

What is a good price to hire an electrician to upgrade my electric so that I may run all of my miners in my garage? Thank you for all of that detailed info.

that all depends on them. in my area to run a 220v line that doesnt require a breaker box upgrade or any mods to the main box it will cost around $200. not including the cost of materials.

also to everyone else....

the miners hash great so far. here is the info i promised:

db sound lvls = 63
fan speed is auto but has a manual option same for the freq of the miner. im not sure how to read the temps because its not the same number at other miners....
hashrate = 500mhs
psu = 1x dps 1200fb with 5 16awg pcie cables
power usage at the wall = 913w

the most interesting thing is the file system version. it says the version is from jan 20th lol. if they really delayed the miners because of firmware issues that date would be changed because they would have had to load a new firmware version recently....not 3 months ago so this is more proof that what he said was a lie.here is an exact copy and paste of the miners front page:

Miner Type   Antminer L3+
Hostname   antMiner
Model   GNU/Linux
Hardware Version   1.0.1.1
Kernel Version   Linux 3.8.13 #22 SMP Tue Dec 2 15:26:11 CST 2014
File System Version   Fri Jan 20 18:13:55 CST 2017
BMminer Version   
Uptime   14
Load Average   0.80, 1.08, 0.72

the miner i coppied this from had to be rebooted because i changed the worker number because i entered the same one twice on 2 miners...i like 1 worker per miner so i know which is having issues if something comes up so i had to change that to the correct number. all in all so far so good with the miner. i wish they did more to cover up their lie though.....

Exactly there were no firmware issue. Just needed miners to try to block segwit
legendary
Activity: 801
Merit: 1000
Hi all, any updates for the miner past v1.0.3 or whatever it was, the .3 'un...

thanks!

Sorry but what are you asking?? I didnt understand the question...

>.< sorry wrong thread!
Activity: 387
Merit: 254
Hi all, any updates for the miner past v1.0.3 or whatever it was, the .3 'un...

thanks!

Sorry but what are you asking?? I didnt understand the question...
just sent payment for one of those july 15 delivery L3's. bout to order a 100/220v step up transformer for like 60 bucks at bh photo video online store.

really hoping this beast gets here unscathed!!! all the fud kept me from ordering more than one...but at like 1.5 btc for everything i mean how could i

no rush since i got like 90 days beofre it gets here IF they decide to ship it to me  Grin

I tried one of these step up converters at home when the Antminer S7 first came out. I would run it for a number of hours and eventually it would trip the 20A breaker in circuit panel. I ran the same s7's using ATX power supplies and never had one problem with breakers. Decided it might not be safe to use and gave up on it

Really wanna make sure i set everything up right. I believe in crypto but got burned back in life happened in 2015 and sold my gpu setup. have been buying slowly since but feel that crypto has enough exposure to where investing in it to secure the network seems better for crypto/my roi than just buying BTC to trade. Im a mechanincal engineer by trade and greater than average computer skills and electrical understanding.

I looked up the ATX Hercules 1600W....Do you think this would work? probably going to have an electrician hook up something close to the breaker box so that I can run everything.

I look forward to being a contributing member to community and hopefully will meet some interesting and knowledgeable people in the process.

Nice to meet everyone!!!

that psu will work for 1 and only 1 miner and will use every pci cable it has. chances r that psu uses 18awg cables like most do and they cant handle as much power as the 16awg cables can. even the evga g2 1300w psu uses 18awg cables.

as for the step up transformer....you will be using more power if you run the psu's connected to that if im not mistaken. they are also not recommended as a permanent solution to your 22ov needs. i run a step up converter with one of my rework stations i bought because it only runs on 200v and above....at 110v it runs at less than half capacity and wont fully heat up using 110v. since its not perminantly running the step up converter is fine for my needs but miners need to run 24/7 so a step up converter isnt the right option to go with.

What is the best solution for adding the right power? I am working on several rigs I estimate the power draw will be close to 6000 watts, how do I ensure I am running a proper, efficient, and safe setup?
well lets say you have 20a breakers. that will get you about 2000w on each breakers. if the house or building came with 20a breakers your good but if the breakers before or currently are 10-15a do NOT swap them out with larger breakers because the wiring in the walls wont match what the 20a breaker needs.

if your running the 6000w at home you will have to spread the load up into multiple locations in the house. even if u have the 6000w capacity running that much in 1 room of a house is probably not going to happen. most houses are 1-2 rooms per breaker. in my house the only room with its own breaker is my bedroom which is the master bedroom. the 2 rooms next to the master are on 1 breaker. and so on. the living room has all of the wall sockets on a single 20a breaker and that handles quite a few sockets. this kind of setup is typical for most houses made in the us unless special requests were made when it was being built which isnt the case for probably 99.99% of the homes built in the US. if you ran 6000w even in the largest single room in your house those miners would over heat because its just too much power for a single room to handle.

as for psus...an atx psu works fine but since most come with 18awg cables and 18awg cables would burn up under that much load you will need to use 2 cables per board for a total of 9 cables from a single atx psu. you can use a server psu setup and use 16awg pci-e cables and that will need only 5 cables if the power draw is what bitmain claims it to be. i wont find out until tonight....they got delivered but im still at work.

What is a good price to hire an electrician to upgrade my electric so that I may run all of my miners in my garage? Thank you for all of that detailed info.

that all depends on them. in my area to run a 220v line that doesnt require a breaker box upgrade or any mods to the main box it will cost around $200. not including the cost of materials.

also to everyone else....

the miners hash great so far. here is the info i promised:

db sound lvls = 63
fan speed is auto but has a manual option same for the freq of the miner. im not sure how to read the temps because its not the same number at other miners....
hashrate = 500mhs
psu = 1x dps 1200fb with 5 16awg pcie cables
power usage at the wall = 913w

the most interesting thing is the file system version. it says the version is from jan 20th lol. if they really delayed the miners because of firmware issues that date would be changed because they would have had to load a new firmware version recently....not 3 months ago so this is more proof that what he said was a lie.here is an exact copy and paste of the miners front page:

Miner Type   Antminer L3+
Hostname   antMiner
Model   GNU/Linux
Hardware Version   1.0.1.1
Kernel Version   Linux 3.8.13 #22 SMP Tue Dec 2 15:26:11 CST 2014
File System Version   Fri Jan 20 18:13:55 CST 2017
BMminer Version   
Uptime   14
Load Average   0.80, 1.08, 0.72

the miner i coppied this from had to be rebooted because i changed the worker number because i entered the same one twice on 2 miners...i like 1 worker per miner so i know which is having issues if something comes up so i had to change that to the correct number. all in all so far so good with the miner. i wish they did more to cover up their lie though.....
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
I can mine any scrypt coin with the l3 and l3+, am I right?

Yes, you can mine any scrypt coin with the L3 or L3+.  Seems to work fine on multicoin pools and also on Nicehash. 
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Is an ATX 1600W as I mentioned in a previous post better than the option direct from Bitmain

APW3+-12-1600W,PSU : https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020160905064759862LCcn24oJ0685

because apparently I also ordered one of those and it arrived today via fedex.

Im starting to regret only buying one unit, the only thing that kept me from dropping more coin was FUD i was hearing on the boards..... now they are sold out Sad

Also, how long are you guys assuming these will be profitable, assuming like $0.14 kW/h??

Thanks for taking time to respond to my posts i hope i can mine only LTC and not have to pimp my rig out cuz of low hash rate.
Activity: 23
Merit: 1

Not sure what a "good" price is, but thought I'd share that I paid $340 to have a 240V outlet on a 20A breaker put in.  That included the city permit.  I didn't shop around b/c I wanted to ensure it was done quickly so it was installed by the time the miner came.  I plan on running the APW3+-12-1600W,PSU.  Keep in mind, I don't really know what I'm doing.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
NoizChain
I can mine any scrypt coin with the l3 and l3+, am I right?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

no rush since i got like 90 days beofre it gets here IF they decide to ship it to me  Grin

Nice to meet everyone!!!

no rush since i got like 90 days beofre it gets here IF they decide to ship it to me  Grin

Nice to meet everyone!!!

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

Nice to meet everyone!!!

Nice to meet everyone!!!

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

Nice to meet everyone!!!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
This is most probably a scam. I say most probably because I always have some faith in humanity but this screams 99.9% scam lol

BUT just for all non EU members here. the 2 years warranty is standard in most european countries. There is no way to undermine that time. Tho even if your product does not work after 6 month (profitability) , you still need to offer the warranty for customers.

But yeah in that case its the tech spec that scream scam
I think in EU you have some kind of limited warranty. After 6 months you have to proove that the fault existed from the beginning (what in fact ist almost impossible in most cases), but a lot of companies do offer free repairs / swap almost independent of the problem (but this is not by law).

This is correct the warranty is set by law for 2 years. The first 6 month is is assumed the fault existed at the time of the purchase and has to be fixed, exchanged or refunded. After that you have to proof it.

A guarantee does not have this 6 month time frame.

However, all companies are bound to have a 2 year warranty if they like or not. Tho technically we can't assume its a scam because of the warranty duration (bit main got 6 months i guess. If they were stationed in EU they would need to have 2 years as well)
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
This is most probably a scam. I say most probably because I always have some faith in humanity but this screams 99.9% scam lol

BUT just for all non EU members here. the 2 years warranty is standard in most european countries. There is no way to undermine that time. Tho even if your product does not work after 6 month (profitability) , you still need to offer the warranty for customers.

But yeah in that case its the tech spec that scream scam
I think in EU you have some kind of limited warranty. After 6 months you have to proove that the fault existed from the beginning (what in fact ist almost impossible in most cases), but a lot of companies do offer free repairs / swap almost independent of the problem (but this is not by law).
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
https://ohiobitcoin.com/re-foxminers/

This exchange has been interesting to follow.  I like the the lawyers phone number is the same as the company...  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: