Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 18. (Read 137411 times)

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

Do you know if hashnest let's you pick your pool (other than default antminer pool)? Would be cool to mine other scrypt coins with hashnest

no, you can only buy hash, they point it at their pools.
Activity: 689
Merit: 253
I'm a noob,
I want to buy newest miner, newest miner is l3+, but newest miner only ship in 3 months?
Is this correct?
Can I buy the normal l3 still ?

July batch is avail still on the bimain site

www.bitmain.com

but be aware difficulty is going up big time due to bitmain kicking out units like toasters..thus use a calc like

www.litecoinpool.org/calc (free pool no fee pays at 103% and the 3% is included in the calc...but gives you a ballpark figure)

So anyway difficulty has gone up 100% on LTC in last month.thus any static machine in the barn you own is now making 1/2 the coin

now vs 1 month  ago. The above calculator DOES NOT have difficulty increases...so be aware to add your best 'guess' of what this may be

worse case scenario ..by the time you got a July miner at the end of that month

if price of LTC goes to 50 bucks you are golden...if it goes back down to 15 bucks maybe not so much

bitmain also offers hashnet and for 1850 vs buying a miner for 1300 in july at the end of the line ..will turn it on for you in 3 days max...but you are paying like

860 for the privilege of beating difficulty by 2 months plus and still pay a fee/elec/rent/etc to bitmain for this cloud hosting

anyway that is the bet you are making ....to be truth if you are just counting on a price pump in LTC you are probably better of just guying LTC imho

others can chime in here....on here.....with better advice then me Smiley
brad

Do you know if hashnest let's you pick your pool (other than default antminer pool)? Would be cool to mine other scrypt coins with hashnest
Activity: 600
Merit: 501
Anyone with May 5th order not get tracking yet?

I saw a whole bunch said they did the last 2 days.

I have not received tracking yet. I selected Fedex to USA.

I used wire, then had to send BTC for their wire receiving fee. Not sure if that put me at the end of the line.
With difficulty increasing every 3.5 days, I'm sure we are all waiting to fire these machines up to start ROI.

Dont worry...I have NOT tracking number yet.

I hope to have one tommorow.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
ok ok,
can I mine ETH with it?

no ..scrypt-pow coin only

LTC obviously

you can find other scrypt pow coins to mine here

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/

you can run on a multipool and get paid out in btc also

Should work fine on my pool as well, www.zpool.ca

Cheers
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC
Anyone with May 5th order not get tracking yet?

I saw a whole bunch said they did the last 2 days.

I have not received tracking yet. I selected Fedex to USA.

I used wire, then had to send BTC for their wire receiving fee. Not sure if that put me at the end of the line.
With difficulty increasing every 3.5 days, I'm sure we are all waiting to fire these machines up to start ROI.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
ok ok,
can I mine ETH with it?

no ..scrypt-pow coin only

LTC obviously

you can find other scrypt pow coins to mine here

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/

you can run on a multipool and get paid out in btc also

like www.multipool.us etc etc (5% fee I think)

or just www.litecoinpool.or No fee pays out at 103% payout

ask others on here for advice also on what pool is best

later

brad
Activity: 121
ok ok,
can I mine ETH with it?
copper member
Clueless!
I'm a noob,
I want to buy newest miner, newest miner is l3+, but newest miner only ship in 3 months?
Is this correct?

July batch is avail still on the bimain site

www.bitmain.com

but be aware difficulty is going up big time due to bitmain kicking out units like toasters..thus use a calc like

www.litecoinpool.org/calc (free pool no fee pays at 103% and the 3% is included in the calc...but gives you a ballpark figure)

So anyway difficulty has gone up 100% on LTC in last month.thus any static machine in the barn you own is now making 1/2 the coin

now vs 1 month  ago. The above calculator DOES NOT have difficulty increases...so be aware to add your best 'guess' of what this may be

worse case scenario ..by the time you got a July miner at the end of that month

if price of LTC goes to 50 bucks you are golden...if it goes back down to 15 bucks maybe not so much

bitmain also offers hashnet and for 1850 vs buying a miner for 1300 in july at the end of the line ..will turn it on for you in 3 days max...but you are paying like

860 for the privilege of beating difficulty by 2 months plus and still pay a fee/elec/rent/etc to bitmain for this cloud hosting

anyway that is the bet you are making ....to be truth if you are just counting on a price pump in LTC you are probably better of just guying LTC imho

others can chime in here....on here.....with better advice then me Smiley
brad

Activity: 121
I'm a noob,
Is this correct?
copper member
Clueless!
Just bought 4 of this L3+ units, lets learn how to be a miner, i have 3 months for that  Grin

If someone knows a good link to read, thanks  Smiley

I got 4 coming as well. We can figure it out together. Actually....I have mine setup all paid via Maxumark
on here for hosting..paid everything for the year up front...at one time he also offered hash insurance for
extra ...he replaces hash if your unit goes back on a warranty to china...I took that also. Not sure with
bitmain's reputation on such if that is still the case.

anyway contact him here ..my stuff has been there a year, been there and at his house, etc etc..

with (knc titans) at 6000mh with the L3's (4) from April 1st
and the coming L3+'s (may 5th batch)...he can set  you up if this is something you are interested in (about 7.7c kwh
if I remember right?)

So hell, I'm gonna let him set me up. If you run into problems shoot him a pm anyway or me...they essentially
are plug an play (till they are not) Smiley This is not a plug. You can probably ask me and or him questions irregardless.

What is interesting for me right now with this LTC price at $16.80 now...as far as I can figure is .....my hash is 4050 with 1000 L3's
3000mh Titans

diff is gonna go up 25%......ouch......L3+'s come in at 2000 mh...back up 33% hash.when I turn mine on..same as this month.....rest
of May 15th stuff diff hits ...down 25% again probably.....end of this month

lot of yo/yo'ing around to get to the same place I will be in 18hrs or so when diff goes up 25%

LTC baby..you need to pump to $25 to make up for my faith in bitmain and purchases of their dubious machines (bah!)

Damn, I do a lot of running about ..waving my hands around...all to end up in the same place.....sheesh

If they toss up an August batch after all this...then I will probably 'lose it' .....I mean bitmain ..just frigging mine

already..you don't have to pump them out like toasters! (frigging evil asic makers..yuk'ing it up) Sad

Is Maxumark offering the same deal for the L3+ that he did with hosting included? 

he very well may be ...contact him via PM...me I have the equiv of 8 L3's or 4 L3's and 4 L3+s and paid
extra for the hash insurance in case it is needed for slow trips to china on bitmain stuff fixed...to me it
was expensive vs just chancing it..but then again the equiv of 12 units if they were all L3's alone..the
odds are something will get sent back...so bit the bullet. The advantage is I paid year rent/elec/that
insurance/psu and the works for the year..thus with the $$$ coming in now at the front end here with
LTC price....seems a wise move in that I'm at least this month $$$ rich Smiley Also because the insurance
is lumped in with the equip/rent etc costs...I will take 1/4 of it off with all other equip/rent/elec etc costs
on very, very, very likely $$$ I will have to pay IRS for taking out of thin air all this virutal coin!!!

Thus ..don't need the hassle ..paid it all up front...done....again ask his rates etc

but insurance ..don't know anymore....that was offered to me before folk had all the bitmain troubles

me...worth it....don't need the hassle...out of my 6000mh of miners 3000mh are flakey titans that will soon

at this diff rate be doorstops...I still pay electric on...again for me ..was worth the hassle and me paying

for all for the serivice by maxumark/babysitting/elec/insurance of hash on downtime if you send something back/etc

(scar'd I am from the knc titans constantly for 2 years trying to find blessed relief by going to their natural state...ie brick themselves into doorstops...

thus it was

anyway hosted almost a year with maxumak..know him..been to his house...sent him 11k check on knc liguidation miners last summer etc etc so no drama

if you deal with him

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
After reading the above posts referencing people having 4 miners...im feeling like the 2 that I ordered wont cut mustard once everybody gets theirs and the diff adjusts

did u guys supply your SSID or FEIN numbers when ordering or did you order 4 separate units, they state that for US customers u need to give one or the other for what seems like ordering any more than 2 at once.

i am also new to *asic* mining but have experience growing medicinal herbs so i can understand having 4000w heaters in a room and how that can get interesting temp wise.

I also have a mech eng degree, GPU mined in 2013 and my first computer was a TANDY so im not totally unfamilar, but def outta practice.

Id be more than willing to contribute and learn how to successfully mine with the L3+'s with you guys.

we do have 3 months.
Activity: 29
I ordered L3 by Alibaba (Nakamoto Shenzhen Technology Co., Ltd.) and I got the UPS tracking number with delivery on Tuesday. I paid credit card because I have a 0% APR for 1 year on it, so I didn't invest their money at this moment. Besides, the purchase by Alibaba is more secure but more expensive.

Did your order actually ship?   Looks like a fair price from Nakamoto. I ordered from another supplier, got my tracking number, but then nothing happened for three days.  Hoping to get delivery this Tuesday.

Is Shenzhen Nakamoto a legit company? I am thinking about ordering from them. Thanks

I bought L3 in January from them and everything went smoothly, so I have nothing to blame. Great communication.
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
Just bought 4 of this L3+ units, lets learn how to be a miner, i have 3 months for that  Grin

I got 4 coming as well. We can figure it out together. Actually....I have mine setup all paid via Maxumark
on here for hosting..paid everything for the year up front...at one time he also offered hash insurance for
extra ...he replaces hash if your unit goes back on a warranty to china...I took that also. Not sure with

anyway contact him here ..my stuff has been there a year, been there and at his house, etc etc..

and the coming L3+'s (may 5th batch)...he can set  you up if this is something you are interested in (about 7.7c kwh
if I remember right?)

So hell, I'm gonna let him set me up. If you run into problems shoot him a pm anyway or me...they essentially
are plug an play (till they are not) Smiley This is not a plug. You can probably ask me and or him questions irregardless.

What is interesting for me right now with this LTC price at $16.80 now...as far as I can figure is .....my hash is 4050 with 1000 L3's
3000mh Titans

diff is gonna go up 25%......ouch......L3+'s come in at 2000 mh...back up 33% hash.when I turn mine on..same as this month.....rest

lot of yo/yo'ing around to get to the same place I will be in 18hrs or so when diff goes up 25%

LTC baby..you need to pump to $25 to make up for my faith in bitmain and purchases of their dubious machines (bah!)

Damn, I do a lot of running about ..waving my hands around...all to end up in the same place.....sheesh

If they toss up an August batch after all this...then I will probably 'lose it' .....I mean bitmain ..just frigging mine

already..you don't have to pump them out like toasters! (frigging evil asic makers..yuk'ing it up) Sad

Is Maxumark offering the same deal for the L3+ that he did with hosting included? 
Activity: 13
I ordered L3 by Alibaba (Nakamoto Shenzhen Technology Co., Ltd.) and I got the UPS tracking number with delivery on Tuesday. I paid credit card because I have a 0% APR for 1 year on it, so I didn't invest their money at this moment. Besides, the purchase by Alibaba is more secure but more expensive.

Did your order actually ship?   Looks like a fair price from Nakamoto. I ordered from another supplier, got my tracking number, but then nothing happened for three days.  Hoping to get delivery this Tuesday.

Is Shenzhen Nakamoto a legit company? I am thinking about ordering from them. Thanks
Activity: 600
Merit: 501
Shipping labels for May batch have been created, I can already see my order in UPS. Most probably they will be shipped within the next 24-48h.

Nothing yet for my May 5th order. I did select FedEx though.

Nothing here either, I choosed DHL. 5th May batch, but my payment was very late cos of USD money transfer.
copper member
Clueless!

if I remember right?)

3000mh Titans

legendary
Activity: 1405
Meanwhile I also received the shipment email from Bitmaintech ("BITMAIN Order Shipped").
UPS status also changed since the packages have been picked up by them.
Activity: 217
mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC
Shipping labels for May batch have been created, I can already see my order in UPS. Most probably they will be shipped within the next 24-48h.

Nothing yet for my May 5th order. I did select FedEx though.
Activity: 387
Merit: 254
Should I be concerned?
Yesterday I received my L3+, it seemed to work stable at ~504MH/s. This morning I realized a reduced hashrate, looking at the "Miner Status" reveals, that one blade is not hashing, all ASICs were marked with X.
Luckily a reboot seemed to solve this issue, lets hope it will not happen again...

Could you show some picture ??

I am interesting to get 1.
Will do so next time, as I said the reboot solved it (until now).
Don't mind me asking, On real world, how many LTC can you mined with a 504mh/s per day?

i know this is a bit late but i mine about 9 ltc a day with 4 l3+'s and 1 5 cube titan at coinotron. the 5 cube titan is missing 1 cube because the pci-e connector blew out so im working on getting that fixed when i get some free time during the weekend. the titan is mining at 320mh/s for the time being so i would say in or about 1.5-2 ltc per day with the l3+ with variations depending on pps and what pool you use not to mention fees and so on.

i had to reboot one of the miners after running for almost 5 days....one of the boards showed all x's but that miner runs cool at 58 degrees c -62 degrees c per board so after a quick reboot everything was back to normal. i noticed before i rebooted it when the miner does this the hashrate listed on the main page is weird. for example it showed the AVG hasrate at 450mh/s (i underclock this one because of the noise like i said before) but the RT column showed 1.5xxxxx and the x's are random numbers. coinotron reported it mining at 370mh/s so maybe the board issue comes from some interface error after running for a long period of time? maybe an "auto reboot every few days" option  would be a good thing to have but so far i dont consider this "issue" much of an issue. if the temps were high i would but i think bitmain did it right this timeby spreading the hashrate over 4 boards instead of cramming a ton of chips onto 3 boards. there is a huge temp difference between the s9 and l3+ and that cant all be due to the difference in coin being mined. i honestly hope they implement this 4 board design into their future btc miners to give them a bit more room to breathe....it feels like it would reduce the number of failures others have had and that its way more forgiving temp wise since they run at such low temps to begin with.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention my l3+'s came with a beaglebone controller again....not the controller bitmain made to replace the beaglebone on the newer gen s9's. this is cool mainly because it means if you have your own full fledged beaglebone controller with a working usb and controller for the tx and power (bitmain uses bare bones beablebone blacks with no usb and other components to save money on making them) we should be able to use a wifi dongle again! right now im using tp-link external wifi ap's that need 5v power (the internal controller is the same as the one used on old avalon miners) which is a pain because i need a long usb cable and a pwer brick for the tp link controller but if you use the beaglebone with usb and a compatible wifi dongle you should be able to connect up to wifi networks just fine. I havent ever flashed a beaglebone black or backed up the image so if anyone has the bitmain firmware image (not the upgrade package but the full firmware image) i can flash one of mine an see if wifi works on it and report back. i dont suggest using wifi unless you need to and for 2 of the miners i would need to run wifi so i dont have long ethernet cables running accross the room.

The ability to reimage one of these controllers is the problem I have right now.  I pinged Bitmain to find out if I can remimage the card from the SD card on the board and they told me that is not supported.  So I have to send the controller back to them.  Please let me know if you know how to reimage one of these.  I suspect my controller is probably fine, but the image has somehow gotten corrupted.  Otherwise it will have to go out to Bitmain.  Let us know what you come up with. 

The Wifi thing is interesting.  I would like to know how this is done also.  Would provide a lot more flexibility in my miner placement.   Grin

Wifi is a very interesting option in my opinion. Now from past experience with bitmain and their miners it seems they use the same firmware for all of their miners...they have you load the stock image and then you load the firmware package for the specific miner you run. I was also told the firmware restore option wasnt available for the l3+ but thats not 100% true lol. I remember when i used to repair cointerra miners people shipped to me...it started getting harder and harder to find the firmware downloads for that miner and links were dyin left and right so i made an image of the bbb controller card using an sd card and a program loaded that auto copies the entire flash memory chip and its partitions to the micro sd card in a nice neat little image file. It also did the same in reverse if you changed the lines of code in the config file. The same should apply to the l3+ since it uses a bbb. If i back the firmware up i can remove the bbb and replace it with one of the cointerra ones i have left over and sitting collecting dust. The cointerra bbb's r full blown cards so they have every component including the much needed usb port and controller components for tx and power. I dont suggest hooking a high power device like a usb hdd or anything like that to the bbb if you replace it because we all know bitmain designs their boards to use what is needed and not much more than that so the traces for power tend to be very tiny. Since they use the same firmware accross the board the wifi option should pop up once a compatible micro usb dongle is attached or at least thats the hope.

I placed an order for a micro sd card so i can back up the image and try it on my spare bbb's. Idk if it would work but i dont see any reason y it wouldnt. I would just like the option of having wifi again! Something that was taken for granted during the s1/3 days and seen as un reliable by many was one of the best options for these miners! I wont use it with every miner but it would reduce the clutter a bit with all the tp-link aps i have connected to miners not close enough to the switch or when my router has no available ethernet connection lol. When my card comes in i will try all of this out. If it fails i lose $10....so no biggie.
legendary
Activity: 986
Just bought 4 of this L3+ units, lets learn how to be a miner, i have 3 months for that  Grin

If someone knows a good link to read, thanks  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: