Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 21. (Read 137421 times)

legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Should I be concerned?
Yesterday I received my L3+, it seemed to work stable at ~504MH/s. This morning I realized a reduced hashrate, looking at the "Miner Status" reveals, that one blade is not hashing, all ASICs were marked with X.
Luckily a reboot seemed to solve this issue, lets hope it will not happen again...
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
So Bitmain has listed anther batch for July 20-30 for $1299.  Very strange.  So we had a batch of $1370 for 15 July, then another batch at $1644 for 15-30 July, now a 3rd batch for 20-30 July of $1299.  Prices are all over the place.  This is pretty crazy.

If anyone on here were to speculate the profitability of this miner in July what would you estimate?
/is anyone buying this with such a late ship date

well conservatively ..so far since april 1st from what I can tell difficulty has gone up 60% so take that times 3 batches by then (april/may/june) maybe 4x
due to the fact you are also gonna compete against the others who got the equip that monh with their miners

likely it will go up more............... in that LTC is stable over 10 bucks now...you could make a case for 4x the difficulty by then

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
So Bitmain has listed anther batch for July 20-30 for $1299.  Very strange.  So we had a batch of $1370 for 15 July, then another batch at $1644 for 15-30 July, now a 3rd batch for 20-30 July of $1299.  Prices are all over the place.  This is pretty crazy.

If anyone on here were to speculate the profitability of this miner in July what would you estimate?
/is anyone buying this with such a late ship date
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC
So Bitmain has listed anther batch for July 20-30 for $1299.  Very strange.  So we had a batch of $1370 for 15 July, then another batch at $1644 for 15-30 July, now a 3rd batch for 20-30 July of $1299.  Prices are all over the place.  This is pretty crazy.

Depends on PR bills  Roll Eyes
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
copper member
Clueless!
With as searing said bitmain = toaster

How long do you guys believe these miners will be profitable?

If ltc goes to $25 usd. I won't sweat it. But remember they get 10 an we get one. They also could have more firmware problems, lol, at that price and keep them months and mine them again. 😄
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

Theoretically even the A4 are still profitable. with 140MH+ or whatever they have. It all depends on your energy bill. The L3 with +/- the same variable costs are still profiting. So I would say till end of the year, but I am not a miner, I just get started and run the numbers.

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

legendary
Activity: 1174
Could you please help me out? How was the syntax in order to mine with xnsub on nicehash?
stratum+tcp://scrypt.usa.nicehash.com:3333/#xnsub
legendary
Activity: 1405
Could you please help me out? How was the syntax in order to mine with xnsub on nicehash?
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
What to think.....

http://www.antbleed.com/

Think Bitmain is sloppy, not too concerned about the possible implications of their sloppiness, and that you better ssh into your miners and update the hosts file.  Simple work around that takes just a minute to do.   

To their credit, they've also already updated their firmware to remove this vulnerability.

They moved quickly this time, perhaps sensitive to the bad press they've been getting.
What to think.....

http://www.antbleed.com/

Think Bitmain is sloppy, not too concerned about the possible implications of their sloppiness, and that you better ssh into your miners and update the hosts file.  Simple work around that takes just a minute to do.   
July batch was always 1299 or maybe a bit less. Rember checking it day bitmain announced L3+

It was $1370 for the first July batch and $1644 for the second July batch.  So the price actually went up for no apparent reason. 
Activity: 303
Merit: 105
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
July batch was always 1299 or maybe a bit less. Rember checking it day bitmain announced L3+
copper member
Clueless!
Naw was joking. Where you live sounded cool to visit

No May 15th miner yet. 2 batches in July and price of such going down.

Toasters.

Activity: 387
Merit: 254
Just received an email from UPS, seems my miners are stuck in Mumbai:
A mechanical failure has delayed delivery

Any others with the same problem?

If my May 15th batch says the same for Minnesota in the USA..we shall then have proof it is a plot! Smiley (couldn't resist sorry) Sad

(sorry your place sounds cool and exotic ..here..er cold and damp presently) Smiley

Wait...your may 5th batch shipped already?? If thats the case bitmain owes me $1800 because there is no wait that should happen...both batches shipping at the same time when the first batch cost so much more because of the earlier delivery date...and by earlier i dont mean less than a week earlier so that wouldnt be fair at all.

I will admit the miners run great. I had to underclock one of them to 350mhz because the psu fan was too loud (louder than the actual miner) and where it was running you cound hear it outside in the hallway and i didnt want people complaining that rent space in the surrounding areas but that is by choice not because of a fault with the miner. Im going to guess but i think the right numbers are the temps...if thats the case they dont run hot at all. 55 when on 350 freq and 65 at 375. That is of course the hottest board im using as the example and with all miners of this design one or 2 boards depending on the board config will be in the least ideal location for airflow. In this case only 2 boards are in the path of the fan blades the other 2 are not 100% in front of the blades so they get slightly less flow but more than enough to keep the temps reasonable mostly because of the low power consumption.

Im pleased with the performance...but im kinda maxed out on power for the summer lol. I think i need to take down 2 s9's just so i can run the last 2 l3+'s since they make more per day than my s9's do. Then i have to figure out where to put the s9's that were taken down. I dont want to but i think i have to take down my titan and get that sold off since these r more efficient than the titan i run there but idk if these will last longer than that titan will...that miner has been running like a champ with no dead dies for what fees like forever so its pretty reliable when kept at stock speeds which i dont overclock ne miners so its always at stock.

Oh that reminds me...the freq of the miner can be raised or lowered but i and others would probably agree think its best to NOT overclock them. From a hardware standpoint and a moral standpoint. Bitmain could have done what they did with the s9 and screwed us on the speed and fan control but they didnt...this is good for us in the long run because we can lower the speed down to fit summertime mining needs at home if you mine at home but if you guys abuse it and burn up miners and request warranty repairs they might not inpliment a manual setting for any of their miners in the future so lets please be responsible with the controls/advanced configs. Dont be dummies and drop fan speed while crankin up the freq. in fact fan speed control isnt really needed for this miner (i dont use it right now at least) since it ramps up and down based on the temps. When i opened the window last night to let some cool 50 degree f air into the room at home the speed of the fan dropped way down so its not like the s7 or first gen s9's where the fan was set 100% of the time and thats what it runs at. Its also not like the second and third gen s9's where it ramps up and down up and down either so its much more forgiving with speed and noise. All im sayin is be smart about the controls so we dont lose them in the future...if there is one that is.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
bitmain acts weird. first they sell two batches with 1 month ROI now they troll those who bought at 1800USD
Activity: 269
Merit: 117
And again:
Antminer L3+, 504MH/s
The most powerful Litecoin miner. Shipping: 20-30 July
1299 USD
https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201704270330299161GIIoSKl067B
Congratulations to all former July buyers for about 1800 USD...
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC
T9 is available for 1140$ BTW

APW3+ now $105. Was $120 yesterday
Pages:
Jump to: