Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 42. (Read 137431 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
So ticket open with Bitmain and email sent to Eastshore.xyz.  Bitmain is sending my ticket to a different department.  Eastshore.xyz replied to try setting the network to 192.168.1.1/24 network and that fixed the issue for another customer.  However I already had my network setup this way.  Well the miner went down again this morning.  Lots of hardware errors on 1 board, and the 3 other boards went offline.  Sent the screen shot to Eastshore and then attempted to reboot the miner.... It will now not start, and we have a flashing fault light on the controller.  So I sent the update to Eastshore that the miner is now down for the count.  I can still get to the web inteface, but the miner status shows it is not alive... 

So we will see what happens next.  Hopefully it is just a bad hash board and they will just send me a replacement board...  but not likely I will get that lucky.  I will keep you posted.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Just a heads up for the people watching this thread.  I now have an L3 that is misbehaving.  I will start to drop boards until it stops hashing.  The boards will show up with X's on them.  You can tell it to reboot in the software and most of the time it comes back to normal operation for a while, but it falls off again.  I just power cycled that miner to see if it has any effect.  If it were a board issue they wouldn't come back to life on a reboot so it is implying a software or controller issue.  

Not sure how I am going to address this yet since this isn't available in the US market.  But I will keep you posted.

I would say that this might be why Bitmain hasn't released more batches... But then I thought about it and dumping bad miners on the community has never stopped them before... Look at the S9 and R4...  Roll Eyes

I notify, that after one month of mining by my L3 it dropped one time one board. So to prevent dropping board I just restarting it once a week.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Just a heads up for the people watching this thread.  I now have an L3 that is misbehaving.  I will start to drop boards until it stops hashing.  The boards will show up with X's on them.  You can tell it to reboot in the software and most of the time it comes back to normal operation for a while, but it falls off again.  I just power cycled that miner to see if it has any effect.  If it were a board issue they wouldn't come back to life on a reboot so it is implying a software or controller issue.  

Not sure how I am going to address this yet since this isn't available in the US market.  But I will keep you posted.

I would say that this might be why Bitmain hasn't released more batches... But then I thought about it and dumping bad miners on the community has never stopped them before... Look at the S9 and R4...  Roll Eyes

Bitmain at it's best. There were also earlier reports about these going bad and broken fans. Looks like T9 is only good miner from Bitmain. And that is until it starts to break.
legendary
Activity: 2153
Merit: 1400
Can you recommend an ATX PSU for these miners?
5PCIe Connectors / min. 400W? Since the Miner is quite silent I am not willing to put a noisy server psu next to it....
Thank you

Well you need a PSU with at least 5 pcie ports so that tends to push you up into a larger PSU than is really needed to run the L3.  The EVGA 1000w P2 is a good PSU that can be used for GPU rigs and work well for the L3.  Also the AX1200i also a good PSU, but both are oversized for this particular miner.  Maybe some other users can chime in with their experiences with some smaller PSU's, but these are my go to PSU's around here for most things.

5 PCIE power ports for this miner is way over kill. Each board is about 100 watts, so you can easily power 2 with 1 line, so 3 total (2 for boards split, and one for controller). Just use splitters (make sure they are at least 18AWG) and youll be fine...you could also double split one line to power the controller (which uses basically no current), and get away with a total of 2 pcie lines per miner.
5PCIe Connectors / min. 400W? Since the Miner is quite silent I am not willing to put a noisy server psu next to it....
Thank you

Well you need a PSU with at least 5 pcie ports so that tends to push you up into a larger PSU than is really needed to run the L3.  The EVGA 1000w P2 is a good PSU that can be used for GPU rigs and work well for the L3.  Also the AX1200i also a good PSU, but both are oversized for this particular miner.  Maybe some other users can chime in with their experiences with some smaller PSU's, but these are my go to PSU's around here for most things.

legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Thank you

So far we know of one public batch that was released in China only.  Details are pretty sparse at this point.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I dont think this will ever get released outside of China to many large farms in china they probably buy up all the miners direct from bitmain and pay them not to publicly release them

I really hope it makes it out.  I still remember the L1 I ordered long long ago that they ended up canceling orders.   I would like to see this L3 make it out to public and also see some first hand's of what people think of it.

The "coming soon" of title does seem to be off.  And you might be right about not going directly to public. If they have made it and no real compitation out there it might make sense for them to mine them for a certain amount of time, then sell them.  As chances are they can still sell them down the road even if used.
They already sold them to the public as "Batch 1" and they are exactly to spec.  Everyone now is waiting on a second Batch.

I have been busy with other project's lately.  Was it a small batch?  I just thought I would see a lot more hand's on type threads if big launch.
The latest version of Awesome Miner supports the Antminer L3 miner, including the feature to configure privileged API access.

Thanks Patrike for the support.  You gave me demo license so that I could try it out and I have been busy with other things and I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.   I will be glad to post a review here once I get some time to give this a try.  Thanks for supporting the community! 
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1094
The latest version of Awesome Miner supports the Antminer L3 miner, including the feature to configure privileged API access.

Activity: 95
Altthough in small numbers. And can't really say that mainsteam srypt coins are super profitable now.
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
I dont think this will ever get released outside of China to many large farms in china they probably buy up all the miners direct from bitmain and pay them not to publicly release them

I really hope it makes it out.  I still remember the L1 I ordered long long ago that they ended up canceling orders.   I would like to see this L3 make it out to public and also see some first hand's of what people think of it.

The "coming soon" of title does seem to be off.  And you might be right about not going directly to public. If they have made it and no real compitation out there it might make sense for them to mine them for a certain amount of time, then sell them.  As chances are they can still sell them down the road even if used.
They already sold them to the public as "Batch 1" and they are exactly to spec.  Everyone now is waiting on a second Batch.
legendary
Activity: 1456

legendary
Activity: 2153
Merit: 1400

Yea there is so much insider crap going on with bitcoin/litecoin these days its pretty sad.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
Activity: 97
Really wouldn't be suprised about that, decidewd that is better to mine for themselves Smiley
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Something I just noticed today is the copyright at the bottom of the screen on my L3's.  The miner software is copyright 2013-2014.  So it would seem that Bitmain has been sitting on the scrypt mining software for a while.  Just thought I would pass that along as food for thought.   Grin
They probably mined in house with the L1 all these years. Figures.

I think you are correct. This they would have put to use a long time ago. It raises more questions about crypto currencies as a whole considering nobody has been able to compete at these low prices.

The price from Bitmain for the L3 will most likely be somewhere around $1600 give or take.  An interesting tidbit is that I have some L1 stickers on my L3 miners.  Not sure if that just reflect batches, or if there is some relationship to the L1 miner.  I don't know, but it is curious that I have these stickers on my some of my miners.   
legendary
Activity: 1274
Well it looks like we have leaked photos and prices on the internet for the next miner to be released by Bitmain.  The Antminer L3, 250mhs scrypt miner, 400watts at the wall.  

Looks like Alibaba and some of the alternate channels are pricing it around $2300, which probably means a price near $1800-1900 directly from Bitmain. Just my guess.  Looks like things are about to heat up in the Scrypt mining world.

Preliminary specs from AliExpress:
Products Status:Used,StockModel            
Number:Antminer L3-250M
Type:BladeMax Memory Capacity:250Mh/s      
RAM Type:L3HDD
Capacity:L3Blade Server Architecture:230 mm (L) * 135 mm (W) * 158 mm (H)
L2 Cache Capacity:L3Interface Type:EthernetMax Processors:144
Processor Type:BM1485
Hash Rate:250Mh/s
Power Consumption:400 W
Mining Agreements:Scrypt algorithm all coins
Size:230 mm (L) * 135 mm (W) * 158 mm (H)
Total weight:3.5kgFan Size:12CM*1
Operating Temperature:0 to 40
Rated Voltage:DC 11.60 ~13.00V
Power connector:6PIN X 8
Noise:60dB

If you are in a hurry to get one you can order on AliExpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ANTMINER-L3-LTC-miner-250M-newest-scrypt-miner-Litecoin-mining-machine-250M-400W-on-wall-better/32788307240.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.10.N5AC0a&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10065_10068_10000009_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10054_10059_10099_10078_10079_427_426_10103_10073_10102_10096_10052_10050_10107_10051_10106,searchweb201603_3,afswitch_5&btsid=80bbe765-18f8-4706-b784-b89b384417df

Side 1:

Side 2:

Front:

Rear:

This is good news. I hope they don't stop selling them like last time Bitmain put out a Scrypt ASIC Miner.

YUP like QuintLeo said they never sold the L1 , but may have made it but never sold it to the public if they did , I still wonder on that one ...I want one of these but the price tag is to much so im gonna buy one of the A4 136 MH in a few month once i pay off a few more bills sense i do it as a hobby i can't see me wasting 2300 on a miner, 1300 is to much, which is what the A4 will cost me but I'm not willing to pay 2300 for a hobby ..if it was a Farm, i would.
Pages:
Jump to: