Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 41. (Read 137431 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
That's good to know, I may go ahead and get one, shame Bitmain haven't listed Batch 2 yet, do we know what they were pricing Batch 1 at?

Bitmain had priced them in BTC with batch 1 and it was right around $1600 at a much lower BTC/USD value.  So it will be anyones guess what they will price them at when they release the next batch. 
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Ah yes I see them listed $2099 with PSU and free shipping, is this worth it?
Can a purchase from AliExpress be trusted?

I have PS's, so $1899 with free shipping.  I used a CC so I'm covered!!

If I'm correct I believe we are shipping you these as the vendor you bought from on Aliexpress we handle their USA shipments for certain items. The tracking should show it shipped from USA if I'm correct about this.
Activity: 135
That's good to know, I may go ahead and get one, shame Bitmain haven't listed Batch 2 yet, do we know what they were pricing Batch 1 at?
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
A while back I bought a couple silverfish miners from seller on AliExpress.  The units were only hashing at 2/3 the advertised rate, 22Mh and not 28 as advertised.  I opened a dispute and the seller refunded me the price of one of the units.  Made me whole!!
legendary

I have PS's, so $1899 with free shipping.  I used a CC so I'm covered!!
legendary
Mine are coming from an AliExpress vender.
Where is everybody buying them from?
Activity: 159
Merit: 108
I have a limited supply of Hosted L3s for sale!

See the marketplace for details:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-antminer-l3-250-mh-scrypt-miners-hosted-included-1802108

legendary
I have used Clevermining before and have not had an issue.  I figure I still have a week or two.  Just planning..
I just bit the bullet and bought 2, what would be the best think to mine when they arrive?

I watch Whatomine.com, but lately I have been spending more time on Nicehash. 
legendary
I just bit the bullet and bought 2, what would be the best think to mine when they arrive?
Activity: 159
Merit: 108
Actually I was thinking about "normal retail" ATX PSUs - without adapters. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I usually like to use server PSUs for miners that require a heavy load. Since the L3 only requires about 400 Watts across 4 board connections, and 1 controller/fan connection a good rated ATX is fine.
I recommend a gold or platinum rated PSU running a load at 1/2 its capacity. so for a 400 Watt load a 850watt or higher PSU.  The EVGA Supernova G2 1000 gold rated PSU is actually Platinum certified.
I have a few of these that I can sell for $100 + shipping. Pm Me if interested.

Activity: 337
Merit: 250
shit.

I just ordered one. :/
I'll report back how it works.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Better send it to repairs. It will die sooner or later. probably just after warranty.
So the problem L3 crashed hard yesterday with a fault light on the controller.  So I shut it down, disconnected all the boards, and power cycled the miner and reset the controller.  Then test booted one board at a time to see if one of them was causing the fault.  No fault was found.  So I reconnected one board at a time until I had all 4 boards connected again.  The miner is back up so I am just monitoring it now.

I have email off to eastshore with screen shots of the down miner.  I also opened the ticket with Bitmain and just sent off screen shots to them.  So now I watch for the next dropped boards or fault light.  So it is a waiting game at the moment.

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Actually I was thinking about "normal retail" ATX PSUs - without adapters. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

don't know of any that are above 16 awg...again have titans....so needed at least 16 awg....the above I mention was 2x the power for same price of a
corsair 1200i from newegg more or less..thus for me it was a no brainer

it's the 15 awg in my case that made the diff

but for an L3 a 1200i corsair at 16 awg wire w/o a y adapter should work fine imho..but you'd need 2 and a bit over kill don't ya know

usually the over 1000 psu's have 16awg ..seasonic for example all have 18 awg and me ...even with the L3 I'd like 16 awg to be safe (just saying) Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Can you recommend an ATX PSU for these miners?
5PCIe Connectors / min. 400W? Since the Miner is quite silent I am not willing to put a noisy server psu next to it....
Thank you

Well you need a PSU with at least 5 pcie ports so that tends to push you up into a larger PSU than is really needed to run the L3.  The EVGA 1000w P2 is a good PSU that can be used for GPU rigs and work well for the L3.  Also the AX1200i also a good PSU, but both are oversized for this particular miner.  Maybe some other users can chime in with their experiences with some smaller PSU's, but these are my go to PSU's around here for most things.

5 PCIE power ports for this miner is way over kill. Each board is about 100 watts, so you can easily power 2 with 1 line, so 3 total (2 for boards split, and one for controller). Just use splitters (make sure they are at least 18AWG) and youll be fine...you could also double split one line to power the controller (which uses basically no current), and get away with a total of 2 pcie lines per miner.

ran titans with y adapters..sucked.....talk to maxumark pm him here....he may be able to ..get a server psu 5 leads 15 awg wire ...to you *unsure* ..no issues with these puppies
... also platinum and 94% vs 91% eff..he can be contacted on here

no issues that way ..oh and instead of 1200 watts like the corsair 1200i the above is (prob overkill) but 2580 watts ......bye bye y adapters

it is great

likely same fix would work well for the L3's with perhaps less 'pop' needed watts wise Smiley

just an FYI

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
So ticket open with Bitmain and email sent to Eastshore.xyz.  Bitmain is sending my ticket to a different department.  Eastshore.xyz replied to try setting the network to 192.168.1.1/24 network and that fixed the issue for another customer.  However I already had my network setup this way.  Well the miner went down again this morning.  Lots of hardware errors on 1 board, and the 3 other boards went offline.  Sent the screen shot to Eastshore and then attempted to reboot the miner.... It will now not start, and we have a flashing fault light on the controller.  So I sent the update to Eastshore that the miner is now down for the count.  I can still get to the web inteface, but the miner status shows it is not alive... 

So we will see what happens next.  Hopefully it is just a bad hash board and they will just send me a replacement board...  but not likely I will get that lucky.  I will keep you posted.

If you know witch board is bad try to disconnect it. If not, disconnect all the boards and try to connect each one separately to find the bad one.
When my L3 dropped one board, it still hashed at 3 boards and after power cycle everything come back to working condition.
Pages:
Jump to: