Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 140. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
dose the miner include a psu ??
thanks,
JT
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
Guys, please answer my questions above. Do you think it's worth it if ROI is 5 months? It's 3 months without VAT and PSU, but 5 with them.

For me, BTC is pretty undervalued right now (limited 22M supply; still widespread mainstream skepticism, even more after Gox; less than 300K wallets with > 1BTC as of Jan/Feb etc etc). Actual daily volume of BTC is pretty low since most people who hold bitcoins are pretty stubborn holders, so the low daily liquidity is not reflecting the true value. So in all my ROI calculations, I assume a minimum floor of $2000, but that's 2-3 years out and I'm really patient (have yet to even sell my Amazon stock from 1999).

So mining becomes remarkably profitable for me at least at my future expected price points. But you may have a different time horizon.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
Guys, please answer my questions above. Do you think it's worth it if ROI is 5 months? It's 3 months without VAT and PSU, but 5 with them.

It all depends on how you see ROI.
If you think the price of btc will stay the same then it is 5 months.
But..... it can always go back to $1000 or it can go down to $100.
This is a gamble my friend.

Here is my opinion. If you only have one unit then you can plug it in and  let it run for  5 months and I think you will make a little profit at todays prices before the machine uses more electricity than it makes in US dollars. You may win big, you may lose, you may break even in US dollar terms.
However, if you plan on using many machines or building up to more machines then the real game will be to buy and sell your gear as new stuff comes up for sale on the market. If you have many machines you will have to continually buy and sell them to make big money.
Sadly, it's going to be one machine only.

That's what I said, sadly I am addicted now  Tongue
I keep ordering more....
Yeah, but you have the money, I can only buy 1 right now.

To be 100% honest with you I have borrowed the money for my first miner.
I didn't have it. So a friend put the money down and I the knowledge.
Now we have 4 Smiley

EDIT: If you are uncertain about this I would suggest to buy the coin and keep it.
5 months from now it will be worth 5 times that (I hope).

EDIT 2: I only got the first miner on 26th of Jan and we already sold a coin as my buddy needed some cash back.

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time

Here is my opinion. If you only have one unit then you can plug it in and  let it run for  5 months and I think you will make a little profit at todays prices before the machine uses more electricity than it makes in US dollars. You may win big, you may lose, you may break even in US dollar terms.
However, if you plan on using many machines or building up to more machines then the real game will be to buy and sell your gear as new stuff comes up for sale on the market. If you have many machines you will have to continually buy and sell them to make big money.

That's what I said, sadly I am addicted now  Tongue
I keep ordering more....
Yeah, but you have the money, I can only buy 1 right now.

That's what I said, sadly I am addicted now  Tongue
I keep ordering more....
legendary

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Anyone knows how fast they ship to Canada?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hi,

I've got two coming by DHL in 2 days time. I have just had to pay £104 VAT online at DHL for Customs.

It depends on the BTC / Dollar value when he prepares the invoice. He converts the price you paid in BTC into USD then Customs convert that to GBP and charge you VAT and then DHL charge you for paying it on your behalf.

Jacko
legendary

I aren't really looking at the USD price, I am looking at getting back the same amount of coins I spend.

As prices keep dropping I feel so tempted to buy a 2nd one, but at the same time, I want to save my BTC to buy an S2 once they are available. Aiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee.

At less than 1BTC I would buy it, mine with it for 3-4 weeks before the S2 comes out and sell it.

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
How stable do they run??? Can they run for weeks without restart Huh

Yes, but do keep an eye on them.

Mine have run for over 3 weeks so far & I saved a link for each as a "favorite" on my IE browser bar & check em every few days for temps or to switch pools   Grin

These are just too easy,compared to getting CG/BFGminer setup & dealing with crashes & the like  Cool
Merit: 250
As prices keep dropping I feel so tempted to buy a 2nd one, but at the same time, I want to save my BTC to buy an S2 once they are available. Aiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee.

Yes, but do keep an eye on them.
how long will it take for them to be shipped to uk??
Has anyone tried it ??
Thanks,
JT

China to UK is 2 days by UPS

So usually from the day you order it's in your hand in 4 days.
Okay thanks, do they deliver on saturdays ??

Don't think so, UPS site says "business day delivery" and all mine have arrived during the week.

It's Wednesday in China now, so if you placed and order would likely ship Friday and be delivered Monday.

Bitmain now ships to the E.U. using DHL. All my S1's with DHL have been 3 working days. They have all been delivered on weekdays. I think he changed courier because he had a problem with UPS and Customs due to shipping it at a reduced value. It helped the end customer with VAT charges but got Bitmain into a bit of trouble.

This is only in certain countries.
I still request that my packages come with UPS and they ship with UPS.
No problems here so far.
I think the biggest problem was UK.
legendary
Has anyone tried it ??
Thanks,
JT

Don't think so, UPS site says "business day delivery" and all mine have arrived during the week.

It's Wednesday in China now, so if you placed and order would likely ship Friday and be delivered Monday.

Bitmain now ships to the E.U. using DHL. All my S1's with DHL have been 3 working days. They have all been delivered on weekdays. I think he changed courier because he had a problem with UPS and Customs due to shipping it at a reduced value. It helped the end customer with VAT charges but got Bitmain into a bit of trouble.
So how much does he tell the customs the price of the miner is? Cause my VAT is 20% which is high and with a PSU it will take 5 months for the miner to break even.
Has anyone tried it ??
Thanks,
JT

Thanks for the info. just hoped i would get it saturday. But Monday is fine !! Smiley
JT
Jump to: