Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 139. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Bitmain, can I get any unused coupons??

and again, when do you approximate to ship/deliver?

btw....thanks for the hardwork.

Coupons were issued to the most recent customers, where we are using as a guarantee to help our customers get a satisfying ROI and bring more sales. If you did not get the coupon, you must be a customer who has bought the miner long time ago. I think you may already pretty sure about the investment performance of S1  Smiley

Hi silly question, if I bought it recently from an approved vendor (Jones Gear), might I be eligible for a coupon if I show a receipt of some kind? Thanks so much.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Guys, please answer my questions above. Do you think it's worth it if ROI is 5 months? It's 3 months without VAT and PSU, but 5 with them.

I don't like a 5-month ROI. But I think your 30% adjustment estimate is too high. We haven't had a 30% yet this year. Rerun your estimate with 20% adjustments.

I calculated a 50 day ROI for me. Since we have no VAT and our electricity is pretty low. For me it is less than 10 cents a KW. I think I am at .095 / kwh.

Can I come and live with you?

Seriously, where do you live? (if you don't mind me asking)

Texas. Energy here is de-regulated to the point where we get to choose our electricity provider. I as just looking at http://www.powertochoose.org/en-us/Plan/Results and I can get a 6 month FIXED rate contract for 8.4¢ per kWh.... not too bad!
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
Guys, please answer my questions above. Do you think it's worth it if ROI is 5 months? It's 3 months without VAT and PSU, but 5 with them.

I don't like a 5-month ROI. But I think your 30% adjustment estimate is too high. We haven't had a 30% yet this year. Rerun your estimate with 20% adjustments.

I calculated a 50 day ROI for me. Since we have no VAT and our electricity is pretty low. For me it is less than 10 cents a KW. I think I am at .095 / kwh.

Can I come and live with you?

Seriously, where do you live? (if you don't mind me asking)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
Does each antminer need its own PSU? Or can they share?

If you plan to overclock, I would recommend Corsair AX1200 (two ants can share) but its more expensive. Frankly cheaper to just get 2x CX750s. Once you start mining, you will probably mine for a while, so power supply always comes in handy even when asics get obsolete
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Does each antminer need its own PSU? Or can they share?

Did you factor in the PSU that you will purchase? Also I strongly suggest looking at whether you will ROI your Bitcoins, not the $.

Yes I did. And I am completely new to BTC so I have bought my bitcoins in cash. So I am using the cash value I used to purchase enough to buy an Antminer.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time

Did you factor in the PSU that you will purchase? Also I strongly suggest looking at whether you will ROI your Bitcoins, not the $.

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time

With 20% according to http://www.bitreturn.com/ it's 3 months and a half roughly, this is to pay for the miner, VAT, PSU. Without VAT and PSU it would pay itself in just 2 months and a half of 24/7 mining.

Some people have been speculating that with all this unloading of miners(and within the 5 months 1th/s miners) that this 180gh/s will not make the ROI in bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
AVOID DHL, DHL is a bitch when it comes to customs.
Even if Bitmain ships with invoices they ask for more.
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
After some trouble with UPS and E.U. Customs regarding undervaluing the miners, Bitmain now ships with DHL in the E.U and declares reasonable value. This is the BTC you paid him converted to USD and put on the invoice. This means here in the U.K you can convert BTC to USD to GBP and 20% of that plus a charge by DHL for paying Customs on your behalf is what you will pay.

Jacko

Thanks for this ! Im in the uk too. Do i just pay for costums on delivery or how Huh
JT

If it's UPS you pay the driver when he turns up with cheque or cash only (The one's I got yesterday were about £85 each)

I always request UPS for the deliveries so unsure of DHL but from shipments I've received in the past from other vendors they have contacted me in advance to pay by card, sometimes they send me a bill later
Activity: 434
Merit: 251

I thought bitmain put something like $300 or something on the invoice in order to keep vat down, am I wrong? Great if they are since it increases profitability

After some trouble with UPS and E.U. Customs regarding undervaluing the miners, Bitmain now ships with DHL in the E.U and declares reasonable value. This is the BTC you paid him converted to USD and put on the invoice. This means here in the U.K you can convert BTC to USD to GBP and 20% of that plus a charge by DHL for paying Customs on your behalf is what you will pay.

Jacko

Thanks for this ! Im in the uk too. Do i just pay for costums on delivery or how Huh
JT
Activity: 182

I thought bitmain put something like $300 or something on the invoice in order to keep vat down, am I wrong? Great if they are since it increases profitability

Jacko
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
dose the miner include a psu ??
thanks,
JT

Mine arrived yesterday.

No, it does NOT include a psu.
Activity: 350
Bitcoin Evengelist

It all depends on how you see ROI.
If you think the price of btc will stay the same then it is 5 months.
But..... it can always go back to $1000 or it can go down to $100.
This is a gamble my friend.

Here is my opinion. If you only have one unit then you can plug it in and  let it run for  5 months and I think you will make a little profit at todays prices before the machine uses more electricity than it makes in US dollars. You may win big, you may lose, you may break even in US dollar terms.
However, if you plan on using many machines or building up to more machines then the real game will be to buy and sell your gear as new stuff comes up for sale on the market. If you have many machines you will have to continually buy and sell them to make big money.
Sadly, it's going to be one machine only.

That's what I said, sadly I am addicted now  Tongue
I keep ordering more....

Same as me, my friend
Merit: 251
Activity: 182

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Has anyone had them ship to Canada before? If so how long did it take?
Jump to: