Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 137. (Read 346284 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
According to bitcoinwisdom.com calculator, the antminer s1's ROI in about 90 days.

Is this about correct? More? Less?
That is my estimate too however alot depends on the difficulty rate increases. Today it is expected to only go up 11%. Sometimes it jumps 20%, a few times it jumped way up even more. However based on an average of 20% increase every 11-12 days you should make about 1.3-1.4 BTC in 90 days or so. I think my math is close.

plus about $200 in power costs for that timeframe
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Has anyone had them ship to Canada before? If so how long did it take?

Ordered 3/07
shipped 3/10
Arriving today 3/12

I am in Toronto near the airport.
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
According to bitcoinwisdom.com calculator, the antminer s1's ROI in about 90 days.

That is my estimate too however alot depends on the difficulty rate increases. Today it is expected to only go up 11%. Sometimes it jumps 20%, a few times it jumped way up even more. However based on an average of 20% increase every 11-12 days you should make about 1.3-1.4 BTC in 90 days or so. I think my math is close.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
for new in antiminer S1.
if you need PSU, don't look Watt only.
please check Ampere in 12V.
Minimum requirement Ampere in 12 V is 30 A

This is a good point.  I recommend Corsair power supplies - at least 750 watt models or higher.  The CX750M is a modular design so you'll have less cable clutter and it supplies 46 Amps on the +12V rail.  Whichever power supply you're using, look at the +12V DC Output amperage and ensure that it's greater than 30 Amps.

Even something like this will work but I like the CX750 better

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

that is an 80+ bronze. is not a good recomendation for psu because of it's effiency of 80% .. can do better and buy 92% effiecient psu's like rm1000 can host two oced ants.. i saw someone post an 80+ bronnze psu was pulling 400 watts per non oced ant . should choose 92% efficient psu to mine with imo . choice of psu is most important for longterm mining considerations.

agreed

Have you guys looked at what the actual power savings are in comparison to the added cost of a >bronze supply?  For almost every attempt I've made to justify higher efficiency supplies the savings just never make it worth while.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
There is no customs fee for the US, right?

It didn't come up on the one I purchased. We also have no VAT/etc to worry about in US.

I'm glad I don't live in UK!

Its not just the UK, nearly all of Europe has VAT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_rates_of_Europe

Wow. I know its coming some day to the US given the worsening debt and fiscal situation but at least not today
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Why hasn't there been a price reduction today?

Not sure... was expecting a good drop as BTC price has jumped 25$ from what yesterday price was set at.
Activity: 462
Why hasn't there been a price reduction today?
Activity: 11

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

It didn't come up on the one I purchased. We also have no VAT/etc to worry about in US.

Its not just the UK, nearly all of Europe has VAT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_rates_of_Europe
Bitcoin Evengelist

Activity: 434

Bitcoin Evengelist
Bitcoin Evengelist
for new in antiminer S1.
if you need PSU, don't look Watt only.
please check Ampere in 12V.
Minimum requirement Ampere in 12 V is 30 A

This is a good point.  I recommend Corsair power supplies - at least 750 watt models or higher.  The CX750M is a modular design so you'll have less cable clutter and it supplies 46 Amps on the +12V rail.  Whichever power supply you're using, look at the +12V DC Output amperage and ensure that it's greater than 30 Amps.

Even something like this will work but I like the CX750 better

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

that is an 80+ bronze. is not a good recomendation for psu because of it's effiency of 80% .. can do better and buy 92% effiecient psu's like rm1000 can host two oced ants.. i saw someone post an 80+ bronnze psu was pulling 400 watts per non oced ant . should choose 92% efficient psu to mine with imo . choice of psu is most important for longterm mining considerations.

agreed
Activity: 52
Anyone get shipping notifications yet for orders placed on Monday?

I spoke too soon, scheduled for Friday delivery. Knowing the way UPS works in Winnipeg hopefully I will get it by Tuesday.

My Sunday order will be delivered to me tomorrow, my Monday order will be delivered to me on Friday.
Both confirmed by UPS as they called me to tell me to have the customs fees ready.

Yup..sunday order coming today, monday order coming tomorrow..sweet..more hashrate - addict to it..happy to see over 1th..
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

I spoke too soon, scheduled for Friday delivery. Knowing the way UPS works in Winnipeg hopefully I will get it by Tuesday.

My Sunday order will be delivered to me tomorrow, my Monday order will be delivered to me on Friday.
Both confirmed by UPS as they called me to tell me to have the customs fees ready.

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: 218
After some serious thinking I decided not to buy the S1. I'd pay 1.40BTC(this is roughly for VAT,PSU,any other fees) to get back 1.40 after 5 months.
Hello brother. Unless your electricity is very expensive I think you will make that 1.4 BTC with your Antminer in about 3 months max. I use about $16 a month running 1 Antminer overclocked at $.10  KWH.
Now the real issue as after that 3 month mark how much profit will you make with the Antminer until it does not make enough to pay for it's own electricity. AT that point it is worthless.
My electricity is a bit more expensive, $0.14-0.15 per kW. And in the future I might have moved to a location where it's even higher.
Alot of people will buy the Antminers and run them for a while, say until the S2 comes out, then sell them at low prices to liquidate them quickly. You can indeed make good money that way
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I ordered the prior Monday, received shipping notification on Friday.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
After some serious thinking I decided not to buy the S1. I'd pay 1.40BTC(this is roughly for VAT,PSU,any other fees) to get back 1.40 after 5 months.
Hello brother. Unless your electricity is very expensive I think you will make that 1.4 BTC with your Antminer in about 3 months max. I use about $16 a month running 1 Antminer overclocked at $.10  KWH.
Now the real issue as after that 3 month mark how much profit will you make with the Antminer until it does not make enough to pay for it's own electricity. AT that point it is worthless.
My electricity is a bit more expensive, $0.14-0.15 per kW. And in the future I might have moved to a location where it's even higher.
Activity: 155
Yep.
Jump to: