Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 196. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 502
received my unit today but fan is very weak, making a clicking noise. unit is hashing, but fan is bad. what to do?

Change it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
received my unit today but fan is very weak, making a clicking noise. unit is hashing, but fan is bad. what to do?
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Still wait incoives from bit main
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
The competition has dropped their price to 1.1 BTC so there is hope

What competition? Avalon clones? 1000W on socket for 200Gh/s?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Probably means the avalon. Takes too much power IMO 920w for 215gh

edit - and please don't support avalon. many people scammed by them, never got refund or units.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100

links?

Yeah, what competition?
Activity: 52
Merit: 0

links?
Activity: 728
Activity: 182
Quite curious to which number goes behind "limited"
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
I wouldn't expect another price drop for these ones. As people have said, BTC is now worth ~20% less than it was back when the price drop to 1.45 happened. Compared to the competition (which almost exclusively prices in fiat) they have had a price drop. US$915 shipped for 180GH/s that will go out the door in two days is still the best deal out there in mining hardware.

shhhh, stop telling everybody!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
I wouldn't expect another price drop for these ones. As people have said, BTC is now worth ~20% less than it was back when the price drop to 1.45 happened. Compared to the competition (which almost exclusively prices in fiat) they have had a price drop. US$915 shipped for 180GH/s that will go out the door in two days is still the best deal out there in mining hardware.
Price drop or some .2 coupons would convince me to buy more otherwise I would rather just sit on my coins or build another Scrypt box.

Coupon from 1.9 to 1.45 price drop was only .02 and they sold out easily.
Activity: 728
Price drop or some .2 coupons would convince me to buy more otherwise I would rather just sit on my coins or build another Scrypt box.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
hoping for a price drop - I would order 5-10 units if so

1.45BTC is no longer a good price
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
Hello  Wink

Limited S1 units will be in sotck soon.
Open sales on Feb 14th 11:00 pm BeiJing time, GMT +8.
Shipment within 48 hours after full payment.

Are you lowering the price?
obviously not if they didn't mention it
Activity: 770
Hello  Wink

Limited S1 units will be in sotck soon.
Open sales on Feb 14th 11:00 pm BeiJing time, GMT +8.
Shipment within 48 hours after full payment.

Are you lowering the price?
Activity: 216
FIAT -> Bitstamp -> ... feels like infinity ... -> BTC -> Bitmain Sad

Anyone believe Bitstamp will actually open up within the 72 hours they initially estimated? :/

I want another Ant!!
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Is there going to be another price drop with the next round of antminers on the 14th?

Since they sell in BTC everytime BTC value drops you get a price drop. I think the BTC market already dropped the prices for them, so i would guess no at this time.

Wrong, they have been dropping prices in BTC as DIFFICULTY goes up as buyers would earn less and people are not going to buy unless they can recoup the costs in ~2 months.

Wait and see, but my guess is with "limited" stock and the BTC price fluctiations there might not be any nice surprises price wise. I'td be good if there were I just wouldn't count on it.
I think you are not taking into fact that during that period the BTC price was stable. I'm looking at it from pure engineering economics standpoint..,.
Jump to: