Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 233. (Read 346284 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters
Website is now accepting new orders with the new price  Grin 1.45BTC

I also got my coupons thanks Bitmain Smiley Will order near the date as I think you might update price come 8th Feb Smiley

Cheers  Cool

Yep 1.45 BTC now that a nice drop
Activity: 532
Merit: 269
Website is now accepting new orders with the new price  Grin 1.45BTC

I also got my coupons thanks Bitmain Smiley Will order near the date as I think you might update price come 8th Feb Smiley

Cheers  Cool
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
Is there a reason why my NOT overclocked miner hits 230GHs?Huh
and then at some points drops down to 135GH.

Could it have been overclocked by the manufacturer?

If it has, what are the potential risks?

I have it on a Thermaltake 500w PSU.

i read recently that asics showing as
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

didnt make any difference, i have on showing this and mining very similarly to its sister with all o's

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setup-troubleshoot-bitmain-antminer-s1-180ghs-miner-344970

6. I see "x" in the ASIC Status

For the ASIC status wise, "x" doesn't necessary means the chip is faulty or failing.  If the hashing power seems to be affected, please check your PSU and wiring and reboot and check the status a few times.  It should go back to an average 168-180 gh/s range per AntMiner.

when you are getting "x" on the ASIC chip status, please turn off the antminer and double check your PSU cables are connected well and restart.  Check the status in about 5 minutes and every 30 minutes for a few hours and see if the "x" are showing up constantly at the same chip or randomly changes or completely disappear.
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
Thanks Gents..  Both machines been GigaHaSHin for few hours now.  I installed regular 120mm case fans as exhaust, I get temps in the in the high thirty's and low forties range.  Fairly steady speeds of about 180+-10GHs pulling steady 760 watts from the wall which is supported by a 750W gold rosewill (considering at least 10% loss from inefficiency, I think I should be ok for day or two till new arrives).  I should have gotten some server psu instead, any recommendations for which one would be able to handle one or two ants sufficiently after oc.  

CHeGuevara rebeL
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
i read recently that asics showing as

didnt make any difference, i have one showing this and mining very similarly to its sister with all o's

nothing to worry about??

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Is there any idea, how to split hashrate of one antS1?
I hawe four of them and for one of them I would like to split to the 4*50 Ghs pieces. Any Idea?
thanks Slesh
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Just received an order shipped mail from Bitmain, UPS shows it shipped on the 27th for an order placed on the 24th.  Currently out for delivery :-)  Hopefully everyone else waiting will get a mail confirmation.
Activity: 230
Video for anyone still waiting on their miner!   Grin

http://youtu.be/2wQjLJ0S-B8

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
should I have both antminers (which are mining at eligius) be paying to my same bitcoin address or different addresses?  is putting both under my same bitcoin address combing their effectiveness at the eligius pool?

no particulr advantage. you can specify thier worker names as *publickey*_*worker* on eligius to track multiple miners on a single account/payout address
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Well, I'm now a happy Bitmain customer.  Grin

I placed my order on the 23rd, so shipping took 5 days to Canada. The units were very clean compared to some that have been posted here. A bit of excess TIM here and there, but nothing major. There was a tiny amount of dust, which I'd compare to either 2 weeks of running in a pretty clean environment, or a day or 2 running in a dirty environment.

I bolted a second 130CFM 12CM on each unit (push/pull obviously) and fired them up. I messed up configuring the static IP on the first machine, and had to reset it to factory to regain access. Once that was done, both units were up and hashing within 10 minutes with static IPs.

Next step was overclocking, which took a grand total of 5 minutes per unit. Both are now running at 400MHz.

Power requirements for overclocking seem to be pretty exaggerated from what I've read while waiting for the miners to arrive. For initial setup (before transferring to my 240v server PSU powered "farm") I'm powering both units on a single Corsair AX860i running on 120v (PSU is 91% efficient @120v) with a killawatt meter. Running stock (350MHz) both miners consumed a total of 730w at the wall, or 332w DC each accounting for PSU inefficiency. Consumption @ 400MHz = 825w at the wall, or 375w DC each.

I forgot to take notes for stock settings, but one unit runs a little cooler than the other. The warmer unit has a higher HW error rate than the other by a pretty decent margin, but I don't think temps are the reason. Overclocked unit 1 runs at 41c/41c 2400RPM, while unit 2 runs at 41c/43c 2600RPM.

Ambient temperature where the miners are right now is 26c. They'll soon be happy in my cold Canadian garage.  Grin

So far I only have one regret... Only ordering 2.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Everytime i see this thread bumped i think there might be some shipping update for those who ordered right before the sale ended.

I ordered one last ant on the 25th and UPS called me last night and offered me to pay for customs. The ant was sent on the 27th and was in Germany last night, my account page on bitmaintech still says unshipped and I never got a tracking number from them.

Thanks, wish that Bitmain would update that.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
should I have both antminers (which are mining at eligius) be paying to my same bitcoin address or different addresses?  is putting both under my same bitcoin address combing their effectiveness at the eligius pool?

Same address, but put _antminer1 and _antminer2 etc so you get separate readouts in the stats Smiley

So.. bitcoinaddresshere_antminer1 and bitcoinaddresshere_antminer2
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
Everytime i see this thread bumped i think there might be some shipping update for those who ordered right before the sale ended.

I ordered one last ant on the 25th and UPS called me last night and offered me to pay for customs. The ant was sent on the 27th and was in Germany last night, my account page on bitmaintech still says unshipped and I never got a tracking number from them.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
i would not have them blowing toward a wall or whatever, this is just going to create heat around the chips and cause them t run badly, hot and fans at full capacity, If you have any loved ones they will kill you.

Better to have them blowing out the way and in-taking air from the wall, which can act as i giant heat sink if cold enough

it does look slightly hazardous, many it's just the wires give that impression. Ever heard of a cable tie? You generally get a bag in the box with your PSU.

@Cyper: unlucky dude, glad you got it fixed! i think the stock is more like 370 - 380 on these miners.
cc
Hi, During the night one of my PSU's died, moving the rig into the new location today where the temp does not rise above 8c, Just need to find a good way of mounting all the ants and PSU's, I know it's stupid running so many PSU's but I find it cheaper in the long run.

Will update later upon new setup.

Also got my PM from Bitmain anyone else ?

glad to see you have neatened things up, i have to say it is quite strange one of your PSU died given how your operation was set up  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Just got 4 more antminers wired up, last 2 coming tomorrow for a total of 7 antminers and a 256GH Bitfury system. - roughly 1.65 TH

Of course, I wired up the entire crate with 2 antminers and 2 power supplies, got it in place, powered on - and only one PSU works Cry.  With no good way of removing the bad PSU, I had to cut the power lines and route them to another PSU ziptied to the crate.

Activity: 154
nice setup... I just put one machine on a split and will use my remaing pcie with its split to power the second.  No OC, and for 2-3 days till 2nd PSU arrives.  The split pcie connection on my running ant is somewhat hotter (than when I was using a separate wire for each card/plate) but very minimal heat (750 rosewill capstone gold)

Can you guys confirm if i have this right...  
Both my ant's have the same ip which matches my system ip.  I cant have both machines running on the same ip address (since that # is used to log into that particular machines control panel) so I must change the second machines ip (WAN setting static ip), to something matching my range(but different from my ip and the 1st ant's ip) and this is the only way my second setup will be different from the first one.

ex.
my ip:  192.168.1.55
ant ip: 192.168.1.99

changing ant to my range means

new ant ip: 192.168.1.any two digit number other than .55 or .99

and this change is done in the antminers WAN settings

Confirmed.
Personally I use DHCP and let it sort them out, but everyone to their own.  Smiley
nice setup... I just put one machine on a split and will use my remaing pcie with its split to power the second.  No OC, and for 2-3 days till 2nd PSU arrives.  The split pcie connection on my running ant is somewhat hotter (than when I was using a separate wire for each card/plate) but very minimal heat (750 rosewill capstone gold)

Can you guys confirm if i have this right...  
Both my ant's have the same ip which matches my system ip.  I cant have both machines running on the same ip address (since that # is used to log into that particular machines control panel) so I must change the second machines ip (WAN setting static ip), to something matching my range(but different from my ip and the 1st ant's ip) and this is the only way my second setup will be different from the first one.

ex.
my ip:  192.168.1.55
ant ip: 192.168.1.99

changing ant to my range means

new ant ip: 192.168.1.any two digit number other than .55 or .99

and this change is done in the antminers WAN settings
So after yesterdays rig upload:

I have now created V2 setup Smiley

Will upload the ants soon

Much cleaner and better looking plus temps are down by 10c on average Smiley