Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 240. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I got the same tracking # for 2 separate orders, made on 2014-01-21 and 2014-01-22.
All arrived today, as 2 separate shipments, under 2 separate trackings.
As I suspected, they mistakenly provided same tracking for my 2nd order, which has happened to me before.

Bottom line is, Bitmain may not be always accurate with tracking numbers, but they always ship on time !

Great service, Bitmain !
you are right about that, and it has happened before too, where they send same tracking info. for 2 different orders, and yet both orders are correctly filled. So BITMAIN, if you are listening, good job. I am just a little impatient is all.
Activity: 467

as i wrote prior, i use 2 x corsair vs650 for 1 miner , 1 is not enough , crappy psu's i guess
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
got 2 miners today (2 more coming tomorrow and waiting on a tracking number for the last 2) - both had thermal paste leaking from the screws - bad enough that about 8 chips between the 2 systems had paste all over the pins and clotting on the resistors.

A bit of 99% isopropyl and q-tips did the trick, but this seems to be a repeating issue that BITMAIN could improve on. Additionally, most of the PCB screws were about 1/4-turn to loose and 1 screw was about 2 turns loose.

However, both units run great - They squeeze into a stackable crate along with 2x835W server PSUs (I use two because drawing more than 600W from either of them creates a terrible screaming fan speed that is much less at <500W) and a 48-port network switch strapped to the top. 387.5MHz each for about 45C and 197GH
Activity: 362
The wifi antenna connector on the antminer is a SMA FEMALE. The antenna you want will be a SMA MALE. Not a RP-SMA antenna. The antenna you want can usually be found on pci wifi cards or like a foscam webcam. You won't find many US sellers with plain SMA MALE antennas. On ebay, the one you want will most likely have to come from china. I found some at data-alliance.net for $3 but they want $15 shipping.

http://www.data-alliance.net/servlet/-strse-937/Antenna-2.4GHz-5dBi-omni/Detail

Here are the cheap ones I ordered off ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320684061024

When searching, try using "sma antenna -rp-sma". This will exclude rp-sma antennas from your search.
I found some neat short stubby ones that you could order in bulk for cheap. Not sure why bitmain can't include such a cheap item.
Let me know if anyone finds a cheap supplier that ships from US.
Activity: 434
Did anyone who ordered on 2014-01-25 from America get a shipping notice? My earlier orders shipped but the Saturday order is still showing unshipped.

I have 2 orders from 1/25 that are not marked shipped...

Paid
Unshipped
Valid    2014-01-25 17:03:50.0

Mine did not ship from Saturday as well. Lets hope they just didn't get around to updating the shipping info and they went out.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
Did anyone who ordered on 2014-01-25 from America get a shipping notice? My earlier orders shipped but the Saturday order is still showing unshipped.

I have 2 orders from 1/25 that are not marked shipped...

Paid
Unshipped
Valid    2014-01-25 17:03:50.0
Activity: 588
Thanks. I know where it is. I measured the voltages on each pin as I wrote previously.
I wanted to see a picture of how a normal 3 pin fan like Arctic F12 is plugged in there.
I assume the white bit behind the pins will have to be cut off for the fan connector to fit.

Ah, well I just pushed a three pin fan header on the first three pins, it pushes the white plastic tongue on the header back but it works and I didn't have to cut anything off, but you could trim the lugs on the fan plug a bit to be sure if you had to.

Yeah, that's what I did, cut off one of the lugs on the fan plug. Did not want any bent parts on the miner itself.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Thanks. I know where it is. I measured the voltages on each pin as I wrote previously.
I wanted to see a picture of how a normal 3 pin fan like Arctic F12 is plugged in there.
I assume the white bit behind the pins will have to be cut off for the fan connector to fit.

Ah, well I just pushed a three pin fan header on the first three pins, it pushes the white plastic tongue on the header back but it works and I didn't have to cut anything off, but you could trim the lugs on the fan plug a bit to be sure if you had to.
Activity: 588

I just used a plain paper towl, it wipes right off easily enough.

I used toilet paper, but there is paste stuck between the tiny things around the chips (VRMs?) and it is impossible to clean there.
I just turned it on and it's working, so not going to bother to cleat it perfectly.

I ran it w/o an antenna but my AP is less than 10 meters away. Actually have 3 units connected to my wifi as well as the wired. Not sure if I see any degraded performance or more stales/dropped shares.

Oh so it even works without an antenna, is that what you are saying?
I plugged one anyway, but the signal is very poor - my router is nearby, but behind a wall in a corner.

Guys, that empty fan header on the other board - is it a standard one? Can I plug a 3 pin fan into it?

Yeah, it works w/o an antenna - the signal is weak of course, but it does work. I use Ultra Kaze 3000rpm fans on the other side with a 3pin connector. Had to cut off the small plastic bit on the 3 pin connector to make it fit a bit nicer.
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
I got the same tracking # for 2 separate orders, made on 2014-01-21 and 2014-01-22.
All arrived today, as 2 separate shipments, under 2 separate trackings.
As I suspected, they mistakenly provided same tracking for my 2nd order, which has happened to me before.

Bottom line is, Bitmain may not be always accurate with tracking numbers, but they always ship on time !

Great service, Bitmain !
Activity: 336
All units shipped out today. Wish everyone a Happy New Year  Grin

bitmain, any chance you guys figure out my correct tracking info....thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

The F12 PWM I used have a 4 pin connector. The only reason you need to push it on hard and bend the white bit is there are 2 raised edges along the edge of the connector, normally the white bit is only 3 pins wide and they fit on the outside (alternatively you could file the ridges down).

Activity: 812
Merit: 502
Guys, that empty fan header on the other board - is it a standard one? Can I plug a 3 pin fan into it?

It's a 4-pin, I put arctic f12 pwm fans on all of mine. The connector is slightly different but just push it on and the white bit bends out of the way.

Can you please make a picture of the connector. Thank you.

You can see it on the top left of this pic:

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

It's a 4-pin, I put arctic f12 pwm fans on all of mine. The connector is slightly different but just push it on and the white bit bends out of the way.

Can you please make a picture of the connector. Thank you.

You can see it on the top left of this pic:

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

I have an order from the 24th and have not received a shipping notification. Delivery to USA.

I ordered one on the 20th and one on the 22nd.  Both will be delivered today (west coast USA).  Hope that helps with your approximate status.
Activity: 52

I have an order from the 24th and have not received a shipping notification. Delivery to USA.

I am still waiting for my order from 24th as well..no info yet..

Ordered on the 24th and still showing unshipped.

Yeah..I found mine at UPS MyChoice.  He shipped on 27th, Estimate Delivery date is this Weds.
Activity: 2

Ordered on the 24th and still showing unshipped.
Activity: 327
Same here and still no response as tto my FREE raffle unit from GB6, snf still no updates as to my most recent order of 4.
Activity: 52

Jump to: