Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 241. (Read 346284 times)

legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Can you please make a picture of the connector. Thank you.

I will next time I'm there

Does the miner status page show the secondary fan's speed?  Thanks.

No it reports it as 0
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Guys, that empty fan header on the other board - is it a standard one? Can I plug a 3 pin fan into it?

It's a 4-pin, I put arctic f12 pwm fans on all of mine. The connector is slightly different but just push it on and the white bit bends out of the way.

Does the miner status page show the secondary fan's speed?  Thanks.
Activity: 195

Further testing seems to show that the ones that will run overclocked are cgminer v 3.4.3-1 and the ones that came today are 3.8.5-1

Anyone else got any experiences like this?

Mine came with the latest firmware & cgminer 3.8.5. OCed fine, has been running several days now without a problem other than the asic status display bug. 12 hr pool stats showing average 204.64 GH/s.
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
Did anyone who ordered on 2014-01-25 from America get a shipping notice? My earlier orders shipped but the Saturday order is still showing unshipped.

I have an order from the 24th and have not received a shipping notification. Delivery to USA.
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
Guys, that empty fan header on the other board - is it a standard one? Can I plug a 3 pin fan into it?

It's a 4-pin, I put arctic f12 pwm fans on all of mine. The connector is slightly different but just push it on and the white bit bends out of the way.

Can you please make a picture of the connector. Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1098

Activity: 258
2 ants delivered today. 49€ for Customs.
Now their hashing at p2pool.
Activity: 826
°^°
one of the smaller caps (C609) came off

can i run without it or do i have to find some smd pro to resolder?
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
I tried to unplug the fan from connector and Antminer stop mining. Is it possible ? Could I replace the stock fan with another ? In this case could you please give link for buying it ?

Thanks

This will work:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-Y4574-Dimension-5100-4715KL-04W-B56-12VDC-1-4A-120mm-x-25mm-Fan-/301042103669?lgeo=1&clk_rvr_id=559832067167&vectorid=229508

Yes, but use the 3 pins from the top, as the 4th (buttom) is PWM and will make both fans go to max RPM if connected by the 3 pin plug (;
[/quote]

I measured the voltage on all 4 pins:
1st (top): seems to be ground
2nd: 12V
3rd: 9V
4th: 0.7V

All seems good apart from the 3rd pin, which is sense, so is 9V an expected value?
Activity: 129
Did anyone who ordered on 2014-01-25 from America get a shipping notice? My earlier orders shipped but the Saturday order is still showing unshipped.
Activity: 546
Merit: 269
Just an update to let Bitmain and folks know my order arrived today, 2 out of 3 units are the new design the 3rd one is older model.

The 2 new ones had little dust but nothing the hover could not fix Smiley

On initial boot up the 2 new model kept hitting 165 Gh/s I reboot a few times and now seems to be okay. The firmware is very heavy on usage unlike the older version.

Also for anyone that is making a future order I advise you to PAY UPS before delivery. This saves so much hassle about money on the door.

You can pay customs charge as soon as you have tracking number - UPS then give you a ref number also they email the local depot so the delivery driver knows you have paid.

Honest it has saved me so much hassle with UPS.

Anyway thanks again Bitmain - even though UPS delay still good miner and heats my home ahaha with the slight smell of hot PCB

Cheers  Cool  Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I tried to unplug the fan from connector and Antminer stop mining. Is it possible ? Could I replace the stock fan with another ? In this case could you please give link for buying it ?

Thanks
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

[/quote]

Yes, but use the 3 pins from the top, as the 4th (buttom) is PWM and will make both fans go to max RPM if connected by the 3 pin plug (;
Activity: 336
Just recieved my Antminer from Jan 21st order.
I am glad to see it was well tested, dust bunnies all over the fan .....

However, i am Shocked that after all that testing it passed QC!!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Its oozing paste from every orfice!  ;-)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
It seems that the antenna is missing in my package :-(

Does not come included
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
It seems that the antenna is missing in my package :-(

I just used a plain paper towl, it wipes right off easily enough.

I used toilet paper, but there is paste stuck between the tiny things around the chips (VRMs?) and it is impossible to clean there.
I just turned it on and it's working, so not going to bother to cleat it perfectly.

I ran it w/o an antenna but my AP is less than 10 meters away. Actually have 3 units connected to my wifi as well as the wired. Not sure if I see any degraded performance or more stales/dropped shares.

Oh so it even works without an antenna, is that what you are saying?
I plugged one anyway, but the signal is very poor - my router is nearby, but behind a wall in a corner.

legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
check the fan for rust
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters
Hi guys. I have a problem ( as usually today) I have two antminers. First antminer have a silent fan. Second have a noisy fan (always seems to maximum rpm). Is it normal ?
That's the same as mine
The silent fan will come on when the temp rise
As for the other one mine did slow frown after about 1 hours of running
Jump to: