Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 248. (Read 346284 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
My feeling is that besides customers in America (flying to the east), all other customers had their shipments stuck because of the Mumbai mechanical issue. I don't think Bitmain has to offer compensation for that, I for one believe it's part of the hazards that we miners must accept, and write off the loss, unless you wan't to fight with UPS -- I don't.
Activity: 467
Merit: 250
Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
    Wednesday, 01/29/2014, By End of Day  Sad

so much delay...
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
°^°
yeah mine come tomorrow too
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
uk delivery scheduled on monday.

Nice one, although the package is in Germany and (in my case) should be shipped to a german address the estimated delivery day is tuesday.
Strange world...
Activity: 82
Merit: 10

those pics indicate months of use, and they did say units are new and only seen days of use.  we should all support the member as right is right.  hopefully Bitmain takes care of the issure, which i think they will but I also thing they might not if people are so indifferent.  I dont want a used machine, and no one wants a heavily used machine which might die too soon...

What version number do you have written on this AntMiner? I have several (from 3 different revisions) and all of them have been pristine clean.

see photo

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
uk delivery scheduled on monday.

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

those pics indicate months of use, and they did say units are new and only seen days of use.  we should all support the member as right is right.  hopefully Bitmain takes care of the issure, which i think they will but I also thing they might not if people are so indifferent.  I dont want a used machine, and no one wants a heavily used machine which might die too soon...

What version number do you have written on this AntMiner? I have several (from 3 different revisions) and all of them have been pristine clean.
Activity: 130
Activity: 127

Activity: 588
Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Wednesday, 01/29/2014, By End of Day

What the fuck ... had I known, would never order. Can't really blame anyone but UPS here though. Will try dumping on the local ebay equivalent I guess..
While the guy has a legitimate concern with getting used equipment, it seems that bitmain has reached out to the person. They have done more than most asic companies has done.

I am ok with getting used equipment as long as it works and it's it specially stated so.  I paid for a new unit.  However,  it's a dead unit.   I removed the controller to the other blade and get half a machine working.   Bitmain pm me earlier with a rma address that is located in my USA.  will update the rma process
Activity: 434
While the guy has a legitimate concern with getting used equipment, it seems that bitmain has reached out to the person. They have done more than most asic companies has done.
Activity: 294
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
Has anyone else had problems with fans working on the Antminers.  Specifically getting the rear fan port (male adaptor?) to work with a 4 pin fan?

No problems here. You might need to break the connector tab though as it is slightly different than the norm.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
This doesn't make sense to me.  How do you explain that the AntMiner S1's I received were prefilled with Bitmain's own pool addresses on all 3 fields?  

Respectfully, what alternative method do you recommend they use to test their products ?

It makes perfect sense to me, and I don't see what the problem is.
Have you seen some of the photos I posted on the previously page?   Your opinion might change.

I had some dust in one of my machines fan, the other was pretty clean. They do have to test them you know. They also need to put in real connection details to do this. I don't see this as a big problem. It is just the nature of the business.

I can accept the dust story Bitmain gave earlier, and generally I'm very pro-Bitmain, but come on guys, one of those pics in particular is NOT a few days dust. I've opened many used PC's for repairs and there's a huge difference between dust resulting from construction work nearby settling on the product, versus accumulated dust builtup over months - which is what I see in at least one of Billson's pics

Nothing Bitmain has posted here suggests to me that they are going to stand-over that.
I've read back over all the Bitmain posts in this topic (quickly) and I can see nothing that says these are 2nd hand units for sale.
In my opinion this is just not acceptable and I do not think this is the standard Bitmain is aiming for, everyone makes mistakes and this, in my view, is one of Bitmains mistakes.  I'd be amazed if they try to defend or legitimise this.

EDIT : On last page Bitmain clearly say these are new machines tested for 24 hrs or at most 3-5 days
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Has anyone else had problems with fans working on the Antminers.  Specifically getting the rear fan port (male adaptor?) to work with a 4 pin fan?
Activity: 543
Merit: 502
My first miner arrived totally clean. No dust. Nothing.

...I'm really hoping my other 3 arrive in the same condition.

Im also hoping this is just a case of... people only making a noise when something is wrong. Everyone with nice new and clean machines don't say anything. So the bad few are making the whole bunch look bad ...if ya get what I mean  Wink
Activity: 294
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
This doesn't make sense to me.  How do you explain that the AntMiner S1's I received were prefilled with Bitmain's own pool addresses on all 3 fields? 

Respectfully, what alternative method do you recommend they use to test their products ?

Have you seen some of the photos I posted on the previously page?   Your opinion might change.

I had some dust in one of my machines fan, the other was pretty clean. They do have to test them you know. They also need to put in real connection details to do this. I don't see this as a big problem. It is just the nature of the business.
This doesn't make sense to me.  How do you explain that the AntMiner S1's I received were prefilled with Bitmain's own pool addresses on all 3 fields? 

Have you seen some of the photos I posted on the previously page?   Your opinion might change.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Guys, should be looking at the brightside of things.... Who cares if these are "used", so what, he made a killing off them before we did... all ASIC manufacturers do this.
these were never advertised as new, just in stock and ready to ship.
Should be grateful that we got a good price on them and that they work.
So you don't mind if your unit dies within the warranty period 'cos it's already been used for a few months before you get it ?
Jump to: