Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 278. (Read 346284 times)

donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
Activity: 346
Merit: 100
I should be able to do that easier with a GUI client, no?

http://winscp.net/eng/index.php      WinSCP
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
this is a copy and paste from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348327.240

the instructions are available, but basically:
-SSH in using port 22, u/p is root/root
- 'vi /etc/config/asic-freq' enters the editor for the file
- 'i' key enters edit mode - go ahead and make the changes
-'ESC' returns to view mode
- ':wq!' writes the file and quits the editor
-reboot

Thanks. What are the options exactly that needs changing? And to what?

Just remove the * in front of the 400Mhz settings and put some in front of the 350 settings that are default  (o:
this is a copy and paste from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348327.240

-reboot

Thanks. What are the options exactly that needs changing? And to what?
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Hi, we shipped out by sequences, but we did not get the tracking number by sequences.... So please don't worry, the tracking number will be provided soon.

I think we are just a little concerned because last time the shipping info was so quick and so was the website update.

Can you please confirm my order 00120140119164603621ox8jVUY606B3 has shipped?

Many thanks
Activity: 82

-reboot
Activity: 108
Each blade doesn't require more then 20A's do they?

Finally my order status change to shipped at 2014-01-21 15:28:46 UTC

This post from bitmain about current draw in other thread
Each blade need about 13.4 Amp normally (without OC)

On wall power draw varies depends several things:
  • 110v or 220v: Power draw of S1 will be lower if using 220v AC on wall, and higher if using 110v
  • PSU efficiency: A golden PSU will have 87%~92% efficiency, while normal 80 plus has 81%. If you use some other PSU without a 80 plus certification, the efficiency would be even lower. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus
  • Voltage drop on wiring: There is 13.4~13.6A current on each blade, we suggest using 3 0.75mm^2 wires or a single wire at 2.5mm^2

According to our measuring, the power draw of the S1 Dual Blades from PSU is 12V*(13.4A*2+0.2A)=324Watt, 0.2A is for the fan when temperature is 25℃.
If you use an 90% efficiency PSU, the power draw from the wall is:324/90%=360watt.

Anyone have easy OC instructions? I don't know how to use PuTTY for jacksh!t. Can anyone help me there? Like with exact command instructions n everything?

I'd appreciate the help.

EDIT: I've bought NZXT 550W single +12 rail (42A total for PCIE) for each unit, so I should be covered to OC these things

Each blade doesn't require more then 20A's do they?
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
I updated the Hardware vs Network Speed return document for those who asked.

Thank you very much!  Whoa, so much information you compiled.  I need time to sift through this.  I'm getting about .056 on the Antminer S1 with the current difficulty, and maybe a little bit higher coz eligius has been on a lucky streak.  I am OC'ed 200 GH/s.   I can't pass on extra 22+GH/s (I'm getting 202GH/s+).  That's equivalent to 3 Jalapenos running 7GH/s

Thank you for the info.

Crazy how much power is needed to mine sha256 now. If you want to make 1 coin a day now you need 4TH. This is the nail in the coffin for me. Think I will cancel my Neptune and go balls deep in GPU's. I made .2 btc mining alt coins in the last 24h with only 9mh (13 gpus)
To achieve .2btc, you'll need a little more than three S1's OC'ed right now.  Cost is about $5400 (with PSU's), and about 1.35KW.  How much would a 13GPU rig cost you?  Physical space?  Power consumption?

I was running a scrypt setup also with a single 7970GPU.  I am familiar with scrypt mining.  And the difficulty shot up like crazy.  I received my GPU from MSI RMA.  I haven't fired it up.  Not worth it.  I'll just sell the card on ebay.
Also wondering if the most recent orders will be coming with pcie extenders?

They come with pci-e connectors on the board so no need for them.

Wish I had known this before. I read the set up instructions and bought $50 worth of extensions for my order of 8 units -_-. Guess thats $50 down the drain.

Anyone interested in buying some pcie extensions? I'll have 12 of them sometime this week -_-'

It's one of the advantages of purchasing from sushi (the authorized reseller) via group buy.  He says in the message he will provide the PCI-e extensions, but when I received the unit, there were no extensions because the S1 had the PCI-e power ports built-in and also had the latest firmware.  No wasted ebay purchase.

sushi provides a lot of technical support services, also, for free.  He only accepts tips, but not required. 
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Thank you very much!  Whoa, so much information you compiled.  I need time to sift through this.  I'm getting about .056 on the Antminer S1 with the current difficulty, and maybe a little bit higher coz eligius has been on a lucky streak.  I am OC'ed 200 GH/s.   I can't pass on extra 22+GH/s (I'm getting 202GH/s+).  That's equivalent to 3 Jalapenos running 7GH/s

Thank you for the info.

Crazy how much power is needed to mine sha256 now. If you want to make 1 coin a day now you need 4TH. This is the nail in the coffin for me. Think I will cancel my Neptune and go balls deep in GPU's. I made .2 btc mining alt coins in the last 24h with only 9mh (13 gpus)

Wish I had known this before. I read the set up instructions and bought $50 worth of extensions for my order of 8 units -_-. Guess thats $50 down the drain.

Anyone interested in buying some pcie extensions? I'll have 12 of them sometime this week -_-'
Activity: 362
Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

Thank you for the info.
fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000
How well do these handle a power outages?

very well
booting up when power comes back and start mining again

legendary
Activity: 1098

Activity: 362
How well do these handle a power outages? I get brief outages when there is bad weather. My BFL single handles these well being powered by an evga 500b PSU. I might have to restart the miner a few times afterwards to get the most chips running, but otherwise no harm is done. I plan to use a corsair tx650 for the S1 I ordered. Should I get a UPS for it?

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
UPS can be a bitch and a half. They routinely fail to deliver things to my building (delivery attempts are marked as late as 9:45pm) and i have NEVER gotten any calls from the front lobby buzzer or seen 'delivery notice' cards left anywhere to show they even tried.

On the last package i called UPS the day it shipped and asked they put it immediately for pickup at the distrobution and was told I cant request that until after a first attempt, but that the shipper could. I asked Bitmain and was told they can't do that once its shipped. So of course, UPS put my package on a truck for delivery, then suddenly changed their minds and marked it for pickup and never even bothered to attempt the delivery despite it already on the truck.

I'm sure the communication could be better, but UPS has some serious communications issues between their call centers and distribution/shipping facilities

UPS do suck in the EU, i have heard they do okay/good else where though? Just not the EU.
DHL are much better for EU but lack in the US so i read.

UPS has been just fine with me in EU. Shipped on Saturday and I got my package today at noon.
UPS has always been flawless with all of my deliveries with them.
DHL sucks where I live and they don't even deliver at home, I have to go pick it up my self.

legendary
Activity: 1015
what shipping method ? i want to buy 1 .
Jump to: