Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 153. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

@ sbfree - What are your ambient temps?
78-80 degress, cali is getting warm....all 3 are running, 2 fully, 1 with only 9 blades and Without the provide PSU as it shuts down, max temp of all units is 58C as usual on blade 1

The PSU shut down after 8hrs or so....I removed in put in a 1200W temp PSU....checked the bad PSU would power up, but now that its cooled it powers up.

It was hot in New Jersey over the weekend 84 f.  I had to run my central air or my mining garage would over heat.  I decided to sell 2 s-1s'   and now it is back down to 40 f.  LOL.

I am looking to order a 1th machine I am biding my time to decide what to get.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Awesome attitude shit-cunt!

Is that how your parents taught you to talk to people?

Either answer the question posed or keep your shit to yourself, its rare that anyone wishes to be abused by anonfags over some weak BS.

And by the way, i dont open my mouth to type (or think, or read, or breath) - i know some folks who do, obviously you're one of those!

As if you're one to talk about attitude and politeness when talking to others.  On another note, who gives a shit, quit cluttering the thread.

Haha, fair point.

But fk you too!

i wont be abused by some know-nothing-know-it-all mouth breather without fighting my corner.

the guy was asking for rhetorical advice/hopes for future upgrade boards and all he got was 'know-nothing-know-it-all mouth breather' BullShit...

Should we allow these muppets to ruin every thread they think is theirs?

Probably not, eh...

78-80 degress, cali is getting warm....all 3 are running, 2 fully, 1 with only 9 blades and Without the provide PSU as it shuts down, max temp of all units is 58C as usual on blade 1

The PSU shut down after 8hrs or so....I removed in put in a 1200W temp PSU....checked the bad PSU would power up, but now that its cooled it powers up.

Batch 2 seems to get better power consumption.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Either answer the question posed or keep your shit to yourself, its rare that anyone wishes to be abused by anonfags over some weak BS.

And by the way, i dont open my mouth to type (or think, or read, or breath) - i know some folks who do, obviously you're one of those!

As if you're one to talk about attitude and politeness when talking to others.  On another note, who gives a shit, quit cluttering the thread.

Haha, fair point.

But fk you too!

i wont be abused by some know-nothing-know-it-all mouth breather without fighting my corner.

the guy was asking for rhetorical advice/hopes for future upgrade boards and all he got was 'know-nothing-know-it-all mouth breather' BullShit...

Should we allow these muppets to ruin every thread they think is theirs?

Probably not, eh...

Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Anyone have any luck with overclocking? I've been running 5 s2's at 225MHZ (EVGA 1300W PSUs) for 24HRs. Here's the 12HR average for 5 machines which, at the console, report 1150GH/s each.

I'm working on this.

Have to calculate the clock settings.

You've tried it with the stock setting in asic-freq for 225M?

I think those numbers are no good.
Bitmain should ship the modules in a separate box with instructions for the customer to plug them in. The fit between the blade and the PCI slot is obviously not snug enough. Do they not screw down like a video card would in a case?
no they don't.....2 came in pretty good, just had to push down to seat the cards/blades...the 3rd came in like the pics above, looked like it exploded. At first I thought I had a bad mainboard but in the end it is a bad blade/module so off it goes to RMA. But now it seems I have a PSU shutting down....
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
My S2 was running fine overnight since last evening. Suddenly stopped hashing (based on pool stats).
Will have to investigate when I come back from work.

Anyone else had a similar experience?
legendary
Activity: 1512

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
Just finished surgery on  batch 2 S2's after receiving them today. All is well and they are all hashing at around 1 TH/s. As others have mentioned before, you will need to open the unit to reseat some of the cards.

Are these upgradable considering the relatively  modular design ? The PSU can be upgraded and the "wafers" can be removed.  Your thoughts ?

LOL what? you know what wafer means in semiconductor?

I hope you meant "modules"

LOL what? you know what 'are these upgradable considering the relatively modular design' means?

I guess you meant "sorry bud, im clueless but i can mug you off for no apparent reason"

Hey dumbass, why even open your mouth and confirm you're retarded?

Those module boards should NEVEREVEREVEREVEREVEREVER be called wafers. It makes me cry!!

Now go crawl back to whatever filthy hole you came from.  Or I'll cry some more and get abusive...

legendary
Activity: 1274
Anyone have any luck with overclocking? I've been running 5 s2's at 225MHZ (EVGA 1300W PSUs) for 24HRs. Here's the 12HR average for 5 machines which, at the console, report 1150GH/s each.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
so these are not really ready for prime time.

I am still better off running my 5 s-1's at 200gh each.

oh well I will wait .  in the meantime I ordered this psu on account.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JG5LSN8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Activity: 280
The only problem I had with mine is a bunch of loose cables and the damn case would NOT come off.  I had a couple screws that were being stubborn, so I just used the back of a hammer to pull through the screws on the two that wouldn't come up.

Once I got it open, the only problem was a bunch of unplugged cables, which is really freaking weird.  All the boards were perfectly aligned, which was a big surprise for me.  Once I got the ribbon cable plugged back in on the controller my network started to work and configuration was a breeze.  I was sitting below 1000 gh/s for a while (like 967) which really pissed me off, but i went away and came back and settled around 1010 gh/s.

All and all I'm pretty happy.  The case looked like someone hit the top of it with a fucking hammer.  Aside from that though, it hashes perfectly, so that is really all I care about.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Bitmain should ship the modules in a separate box with instructions for the customer to plug them in. The fit between the blade and the PCI slot is obviously not snug enough. Do they not screw down like a video card would in a case?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure Bitmain said that they had resolved the issue with shipping the units in batch 2 to make them more secure with lock in clips ?

From what I can see so far this is not the case  Undecided

Hopefully Bitmain can make an official post as the RMA mumbers must be costing them a fortune!

Hopefully mine arrive okay and safe but I fear the worst with the delays  Cry
Activity: 351
29 out of 30 blades is not bad...time to contact bitmain and see what they can do for me. I am just glad it wasn't the mainboard. Grin
Dam that was a quick reply...I LOVE BITMAIN.
They are going to RMA it. Kinda wish they would let me pay for the blade/hashboard and send it to me while I send this one back. Then they cuold refund me once they have the bad one. but alas I am happy that they have responded so quickly. Thanks again BITMAIN.

I love them too, but RMA process is a nightmare. I received an S1 with a bad control board paid the entire cost of a new S1 and they shipped the board... thanks. Shipped the board back UPS at a cost of $129 because they had to receive it within 7 days of me getting the replacement board. Long story short miner no mine for 3 weeks, .93 BTC for board, $129 for shipping board back, and still no refund or compensation. Did get an email 4 days ago from BITMAIN stating not to worry all will be good Huh

One bad out of twenty is pretty damn good and I'll still buy from them but damn take care of my RMA! And I still want a T-shirt Grin 
legendary
Activity: 915
Merit: 1005
One of the S2' keeps shutting off after less than 3 hours then refuses to power on, unless I open the case and reseat the cards. It is currently running but might  shut off again.

*Not temperature related since the room is cool. The other S2 stays at around 53

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
New blades, new fans:

Make sure to post a new photo of the rig update - you seem to have so many of these S2's

Can anyone from batch 2 comment on the new design for securing the blades during shipment.

Hopefully Bitmain can ship these not installed!!!

Anyway nice update, cheers
29 out of 30 blades is not bad...time to contact bitmain and see what they can do for me. I am just glad it wasn't the mainboard. Grin
Dam that was a quick reply...I LOVE BITMAIN.
They are going to RMA it. Kinda wish they would let me pay for the blade/hashboard and send it to me while I send this one back. Then they cuold refund me once they have the bad one. but alas I am happy that they have responded so quickly. Thanks again BITMAIN.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
No news ? Price cut / new update ?
The last price doesnt good in my country, and theres already three importer for 1TH from other brand with much better price...
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I received my batch 2 unit, which started up right away, no problems.

Fans are apparently individually temperature controlled, with individual RPM displays on the web control panel, they definitely slow down when it isn't hashing or when you blow cold air at it, and run up to a moderate speed (not full speed) when it warms up during normal operation. Sound level is less than 2 S1s at the same temperature, might be similar to 1 S1, not sure.

Have not measured watts at the wall and reluctant to unnecessarily power cycle it (to plug in kill-a-watt) given comments about SD getting corrupted.

Temps showing a range of 42-47

Everything is stock.

Plan on ventilation. Lots of off-gassing. Definitely not used.

Sure smells toxic.  I may not wake up in the morning because of the fumes, lol.
Jump to: