Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 154. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
To those with batch 2 units. Someone mentioned that there is a new power supply? How many watts now? and how many watts drawing at the wall? Have the new heat sinks improved cooling at all? What is new temp range? and range of temps on chips internally? New Case? Better / worst design? Thanks for any additional information.

HolyScott

yeah what is the new

'psu'

watts at the wall

db sound level

what does it clock to? 

1100gh at 1100 watts vs 1000gh at 975 watts?
I believe he meant new as in "not used". Many batch 1 S2s came with used PSUs (you could tell due to some dust build up), probably taken from their mining farm.

Seems like some of the batch 2 S2s have new PSUs... but they are the same model (1000W Enermax)
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Fuck, the case screws won't come off... anyone else run into this?

DO NOT use force , you might break the screw or worn its head off.

Use hair dryer to heat it up until its too hot to touch, then start unscrewing it.

Too late, I brute forced the mother fucker.  I needed to fix the shit that mattered.

Edit:  Not getting rejects.  I'm a dummy.
Activity: 379
Here you are good members of the community.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16075357/bitmain.img.zip

Taken from an actual S2

Thank you, Thank You..  Cheap SD card failed on third reboot, it has been retired.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
The correct word would be blade/daughter board but that doesnt not matter.

When you say wafer can be removed, its completely confusing and misleading.

If you dont correct them so they will keep using confusing words?

I did hint that he should simply call them modular board.
Maybe not everyone's first language is English? Besides, whoever can call it whatever they want - it is up to you whether you have the comprehension to get it or not. When I read wafer, I get it - you don't. Don't pick on words and throw a fit about it.

Back to the subject of this thread. Does anyone have any inside info on 3rd batch yet?

If i hinted him to use "modules", why wouldnt i get it?

Seem like you sound even more stupid to assume.

DO NOT use force , you might break the screw or worn its head off.

Use hair dryer to heat it up until its too hot to touch, then start unscrewing it.
Activity: 308
Double your Personal Bitcoin Funds.
The correct word would be blade/daughter board but that doesnt not matter.

Maybe not everyone's first language is English? Besides, whoever can call it whatever they want - it is up to you whether you have the comprehension to get it or not. When I read wafer, I get it - you don't. Don't pick on words and throw a fit about it.

Back to the subject of this thread. Does anyone have any inside info on 3rd batch yet?
Activity: 280
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
To those with batch 2 units. Someone mentioned that there is a new power supply? How many watts now? and how many watts drawing at the wall? Have the new heat sinks improved cooling at all? What is new temp range? and range of temps on chips internally? New Case? Better / worst design? Thanks for any additional information.

HolyScott

yeah what is the new

'psu'

watts at the wall

db sound level

what does it clock to? 

1100gh at 1100 watts vs 1000gh at 975 watts?
Just finished surgery on  batch 2 S2's after receiving them today. All is well and they are all hashing at around 1 TH/s. As others have mentioned before, you will need to open the unit to reseat some of the cards.

Are these upgradable considering the relatively  modular design ? The PSU can be upgraded and the "wafers" can be removed.  Your thoughts ?

LOL what? you know what wafer means in semiconductor?

I hope you meant "modules"

LOL what? you know what 'are these upgradable considering the relatively modular design' means?

I guess you meant "sorry bud, im clueless but i can mug you off for no apparent reason"

Hey dumbass, why even open your mouth and confirm you're retarded?

Those module boards should never be called wafers.

Now go crawl back to whatever filthy hole you came from.

for all your smartassery, you chose to get stuck on the word wafer rather than the entire remainder of a simple and clear question. You knew what he meant - wafer was just a mistake choice of words, to which you had no actual answer

The correct word would be blade/daughter board but that doesnt matter.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Just finished surgery on  batch 2 S2's after receiving them today. All is well and they are all hashing at around 1 TH/s. As others have mentioned before, you will need to open the unit to reseat some of the cards.

Are these upgradable considering the relatively  modular design ? The PSU can be upgraded and the "wafers" can be removed.  Your thoughts ?

LOL what? you know what 'are these upgradable considering the relatively modular design' means?

I guess you meant "sorry bud, im clueless but i can mug you off for no apparent reason"

Those module boards should never be called wafers.

for all your smartassery, you chose to get stuck on the word wafer rather than the entire remainder of a simple and clear question. You knew what he meant - wafer was just a mistake choice of words, to which you had no actual answer
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
S2 arrived today and was setup. Using teamviewer remotely (I am away this week and someone else plugged it in for me) I was unable to login to the webUI using root/root OR root/admin.

however, using SSH and root/root I was able to modify the settings   
Code:
vi /config/cgminer.conf
  with my pool info, and seem to be hashing away great now.

still cant login to the web UI, is root/admin not correct for batch 2 units?

As stated in the PDF, root/root is the login for the webGUI.  It worked for me.

didn't/doesn't seem to work.  i get a popup box to login at the ip but after 3 attempts am sent to a 401 page

Those module boards should never be called wafers. This is a wafer :

Just finished surgery on  batch 2 S2's after receiving them today. All is well and they are all hashing at around 1 TH/s. As others have mentioned before, you will need to open the unit to reseat some of the cards.

Are these upgradable considering the relatively  modular design ? The PSU can be upgraded and the "wafers" can be removed.  Your thoughts ?

legendary
Activity: 915
Just finished surgery on  batch 2 S2's after receiving them today. All is well and they are all hashing at around 1 TH/s. As others have mentioned before, you will need to open the unit to reseat some of the cards.

Are these upgradable considering the relatively  modular design ? The PSU can be upgraded and the "wafers" can be removed.  Your thoughts ?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
S2 arrived today and was setup. Using teamviewer remotely (I am away this week and someone else plugged it in for me) I was unable to login to the webUI using root/root OR root/admin.

Code:
vi /config/cgminer.conf

As stated in the PDF, root/root is the login for the webGUI.  It worked for me.
legendary
ASIC Wannabe

Code:
vi /config/cgminer.conf

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Folks please stop with the delivery hype my god.

This miner is okay its not worth all this hype.....

What do we have a bunce of Bitmain plants.

A Cointerra would have been better for the price.....

So stop all this delivery BS its gets old

Lol, WTF?!  This is the BitMain S2 thread.  Where else are we supposed to talk about this?

Delivered it much more important than each state of movement.....laughing you have to admit
Activity: 742
Got my B2 - S2 today, all was found in order upon inspection. Password STILL does not update and default does not work for SSH either. Has anyone gotten past this? Firmware installed from bitmaintech is "Thu Apr 10 19:08:42 CST 2014"

SSH is:

root/admin

Password updating is probably not kept on the config drive so it is not saved between reboots. You'd need to build your own firmware to change these things around.

Kano knows something about this.

Thanks. Rgr on the reboot issue, I had read thru some of kano's posts, but the S1 root/root was not working. She runs though now to alt the configs, tune, and deploy to rack!

Same (or similar) problem here.  Through browser root/root leads to a webpage not found error.  Through SSH, root/root gives access denied.  Through SSH, root/admin logs me in, but can't see any directories or files with ls command.  All boards seated okay.  Internal Ethernet jack connected.  LCD screen appears to work fine and shows the default IP address 192.168.1.99.  I'm truly at a loss of what to do...

There should be something you can do to reset all settings to the default just like the S1...

Is there a reset button that you can hold down for a few seconds to reset all config setting to their default settings?
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
received my batch 2 order.  cards in the units were only slight unseated.  hashing away nicely at just over 1005 GH/s avg.  I'd have to say that I'm a bitmain convert.  I have a few bitfury kits with Spotswood's open air cases.  I'm liking the builds and how easy these bitmain units are to setup and get up and running.  good stuff.
Jump to: