Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 33. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 254
Merit: 100
I have a coupon that expires today.
PM me if interested.
Activity: 146
Hi Edgar,

My package is already shipped and currently in checked at Shenzhen.

Expected delivery in the Netherland around (30/06/2014)

~ Luc
In my cgminer screen (SSH) I see the following errors:

BTM0: invalid nonce - HW error

What does this mean?

~ Luc
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
how low does a coupon get you, its been for ever since i have been on this thread, what have the specs got to and what is the common advice with clocking...how has shipping improved
Activity: 362
Hi,

Before I bother to look into it has anyone had the issue of the Mining pool Configuration details going to defaults on reboot?
In fact nothing seems to be able to be saved from the miner configuration pages. Had a quick check on SSH to see if I could write to any files also and no luck their either.

Any ideas?

Huh

Upgrade to newest firmware
https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720140413044945482bs4xshkh072D
https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/initramfs.bin.SD-20140619.tar

With this firmware, you can change the name of the miner on the LCD.

SSH to miner
go to /config
edit file "usr_defined_lcd"
replace AntMiner S2 with the new name
reboot
enjoy  Grin

Awesome!

Now, does anyone know how to make a 1-line ascii art ant? Or any other cool ascii art to display on the lcd? What characters are allowed? d[o_o]b
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Any coupons?  Looking for 1    -      .11 btc
thanks

Bitmain user: blackheart13

Done  trust you  Grin
legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
Mine shipped today as well
Activity: 51
Well they shipped the s2 and send me the tracking number. Cheesy it says next tuesday but in my country a few days is added because of the extra paper and tax money  work.  Grin
Activity: 426
Any coupons?  Looking for 1    -      .11 btc
thanks

Bitmain user: blackheart13
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Hi,

Before I bother to look into it has anyone had the issue of the Mining pool Configuration details going to defaults on reboot?
In fact nothing seems to be able to be saved from the miner configuration pages. Had a quick check on SSH to see if I could write to any files also and no luck their either.

Any ideas?

Huh

With this firmware, you can change the name of the miner on the LCD.

SSH to miner
go to /config
edit file "usr_defined_lcd"
replace AntMiner S2 with the new name
reboot
enjoy  Grin
Activity: 362
Hi,

Any ideas?

Huh

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Looking for a Antminer S2 coupon at Bitmaintech! Will tip 0.1BTC! Bitmaintech username: hagssfin
PM pls Cool
Activity: 49
Hi,

Any ideas?

Huh
Activity: 42
coupon needed. 0.1 BTC tips. PM me.

We need a coupon trading tool!  It's hard to keep up with who has one and who needs one.  

If anyone has one, I'll do .11BTC, I'd really appreciate it!!  I'm also innoman on bitmain, just PM me your BTC address. 
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Oh crap, my batch 2 AntMiner S2 stopped working today, after 3 months of solid service.

We had a power outage, and after the power came back on the S2 was "dead". It wouldn't power on at all. I replaced the Enermax 1000W PSU with a Corsair AX1200i and the unit now powers up, but nothing shows on the LED screen and the unit doesn't register on the network. I know what the MAC address of the unit is and it doesn't show up on the network. I have tried two different micro-SD cards, neither of them work.

Not happy.  Sent an email to Bitmain, hopefully they can help me out.
I received a new controller board from Bitmain, installed it, and my S2 is working now. Whew!

Funny thing, the Enermax 1000W PSU will not power up the S2 any more, I tried.  I have swapped the Enermax for a Corsair AX1200i to get the S2 running. Bizarrely the Enermax still works on my S1!  Strange that it will power the S1, but not the S2 any longer, even though it previously powered the S2 for two months straight (correction to my previous post, two months of solid service, not three).

A lesson for me out of this: the Enermax PSU acts differently from all my other PSUs. After a power outage, it won't come back on immediately (I assume this is only if it has been under full load), it seems to want to wait for quite a few minutes before it will power on again.  Whereas all my other PSUs turn on immediately after a power outage.  I have this feeling that if I had just left my S2 alone after the power outage, everything would have been ok - the Enermax would have eventually powered up in its own time.

The PSU is probably dying a slow death due to being overworked.
Activity: 18
1 of 3 shipped, 2 still unshipped  Huh
Same here,

second order just shipped Smiley

~ Luc
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Just got email from bitmain,
my order shipped.
Activity: 173
btcmy.net
coupon needed. 0.1 BTC tips. PM me.
Activity: 44
Still looking that S2 coupon, willing to tip 0.1 BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: