Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 28. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 1745 USD  each one, shipping cost included.
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
my latest S2 died lastnight, was only running for 12 hours since it was delivered at my house yesterday.

i was checking my pool stats in the middle of the night while feeding the baby and noticed the new s2 not hashing so i went out to the garage and the power supply fan is spinning, but the s2 is dead, no lights at all

so i turn it off and on to no avail, then unplug it and move it to a different outlet and plug it back in and there was a loud POP and a spark flew out of the power supply.  upon closer inspection one of the capacitors blew and is leaking white stuff

had a spare 1000w rosewill psu i swapped it with and started up the S2 and wouldn't turn on agn, so i started removing hash boards and moving them around and came to the conclusion one of the hash boards is totally dead.  when this particular board is plugged in the unit wont turn on, doesnt matter if theres 6, 7, 10 boards plugged in.  without the dead board the S2 starts like a champ

the unit is now running fine with 9 boards and my spare PSU

contacted bitmain for RMA help and so far theyve asked me some troubleshooting questions, but at this point its pretty obvious what the issue is lol.

Hi -droid-
We are so sorry for the inconvenience, May you PM us your email address and order ID?
Thank you!

Edit: This case is pushed to next step, return issued parts and ship new replacement.

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
these last few rigs seem to be the dregs of the old farm...

I wouldn't mind if it was functioning as 'expected' but this is my 4th lemon in a row.

My last 2 detailed emails have either been ignored or replied to without being read/understood.

i explain clearly that swapping the IO board did nothing and it seems to be a heat sensor issue.

the reply was 'return the faulty hashing board'

i appreciate they must be busy in BMHQ but a just delivered, overheating rig which can presumably be diagnosed pretty easily should take some kind of priority.

if i hadnt used the advise of someone earlier and aimed a huge fan in there i am 100% certain something would have melted/fried by now!

E2A - after only 46 hours & innumerable emails, Bitmain has agreed to send out a replacement power board (back plane) tomorrow
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
STILL suffering an overheating rig!

swapped IO board with functioning rig to no avail...

anyone have any ideas?

A schematic would be nice... particularly interested in heat/fan sensors location

I think its posted on the github antminer repository.

Where...link... Huh

Thanks,

ZiG
I'm no Github pro, I tried to open the file named PCB but its all in Chinese and doesn't appear to be a picture like I thought it might have, its a .rar file.
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

anyone have any ideas?

A schematic would be nice... particularly interested in heat/fan sensors location

Where...link... Huh

Thanks,

ZiG
legendary

anyone have any ideas?

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

Hi  ,any experians , how much we can get per day BTC with this toy, difficulty rise again ?Smiley

At these BTC prices ~$9/day (~0.014-0.015BTC) vs ~$1.1-1.2/day in electricity if at $0.12/kwh.

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
im scared to power on the orig PSU after the pop and spark, ill test it when i get home later

also, the 10th hash board when plugged in the S2 doesnt even turn on.. does that mean the hash board is fried?  the remaining 9 seem to work fine

Please do'nt use the psu if you hear a clear pop and saw a spark, this means probably that your psu is broken and the fuse burned! You can try powering it on again but be safe and know what you are doing. Please use your new psu if you are not familiar with electronics.

~ luc
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I have one s2 for sell Europe
So no customs
Price same as bitmain

J'ai aussi un S2 à vendre (en France si possible).
Fonctionne parfaitement.
Livré avec une alim corsair 1200W et overclocké.
Prix : 3 BTC
Pas de frais de douane (qui sont d'environ 300€ en France).
Colissimo recommandé.

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
I have one s2 for sell Europe
So no customs
Price same as bitmain
legendary
Activity: 1050
@ -droid-

Try removing all the hash blades from the S2miner, and only boot the miner with the main board and the original psu. Can you reset the miner using the button on the front and login to the default web interface (192.168.1.99) ?

p.s. the white glue / epoxy is normal in psu's and should not affect the workings of the psu.

~ Luc

im scared to power on the orig PSU after the pop and spark, ill test it when i get home later

also, the 10th hash board when plugged in the S2 doesnt even turn on.. does that mean the hash board is fried?  the remaining 9 seem to work fine
@ -droid-

Try removing all the hash blades from the S2miner, and only boot the miner with the main board and the original psu. Can you reset the miner using the button on the front and login to the default web interface (192.168.1.99) ?

p.s. the white glue / epoxy is normal in psu's and should not affect the workings of the psu.

~ Luc
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
but at this point its pretty obvious what the issue is lol.

That white stuff has nothing to do with the capacitor unless I'm blind, it's the normal glue they put all over psus to stabilize stuff and reduce coil whine.
Is there anyway to change the web interface password trough ssh? and how to change the default root/admin login for ssh?

Thanks,

~ Luc
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
AntMiner S3 for sales shipping starts from July 10th

Speed:    478 GH/s

Price:      0.75 BTC

Link : https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140630025130637RV8OhOwt06BC

Hi  ,any experians , how much we can get per day BTC with this toy, difficulty rise again ?Smiley

At these BTC prices ~$9/day (~0.014-0.015BTC) vs ~$1.1-1.2/day in electricity if at $0.12/kwh.
legendary
Activity: 1050
my latest S2 died lastnight, was only running for 12 hours since it was delivered at my house yesterday.

i was checking my pool stats in the middle of the night while feeding the baby and noticed the new s2 not hashing so i went out to the garage and the power supply fan is spinning, but the s2 is dead, no lights at all

so i turn it off and on to no avail, then unplug it and move it to a different outlet and plug it back in and there was a loud POP and a spark flew out of the power supply.  upon closer inspection one of the capacitors blew and is leaking white stuff

had a spare 1000w rosewill psu i swapped it with and started up the S2 and wouldn't turn on agn, so i started removing hash boards and moving them around and came to the conclusion one of the hash boards is totally dead.  when this particular board is plugged in the unit wont turn on, doesnt matter if theres 6, 7, 10 boards plugged in.  without the dead board the S2 starts like a champ

the unit is now running fine with 9 boards and my spare PSU

contacted bitmain for RMA help and so far theyve asked me some troubleshooting questions, but at this point its pretty obvious what the issue is lol.

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

Hi  ,any experians , how much we can get per day BTC with this toy, difficulty rise again ?Smiley
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
Other solution :
Remove the bad board
Overclock the S2
Run the Overclocked S2 with only 9 boards
I will have the same hashing speed as 10 boards Wink

What frequency are you running?  I facepalmed myself just now for not thinking of this!

option 'freq_value'    '0801'  #212.5M
option 'chip_freq'     '212.5'
option 'timeout'       '40'

Cheers for that--I'll give that a go when I get a chance this week.  I'll let you know how it turns out.
legendary
Activity: 1848
i cant actually access miner config / miner status without pulling th ether cable and connecting straight to the laptop.

i CAN access network & system without issue but they reveal little info.

Repeated requests for tech support have gleaned nothing.

the 67C is showing on the LED display & in PuTTy, but i cant tell much more.

when i power cycle it sits around 60-61 for a while but the fans continue to drop, rev up, drop, rev up until it gets up to 66-67C

on opening i found 1 blade not hashing so i pulled it, swapped with another to check if it was the board or the connector and when fired up all 10 were hashing.

which leads me to thinking its the (temp sensor? on the) powerboard, not the fans themselves.

E2A - Fk me, shes at 72C now!!
legendary
Is the miner status reporting the same 65c temps across all the blades? Does it report the RPM on all four fans correctly? If the miner thinks a blade is 65c I think it is going to request full RPM on at least one fan if not all of them.
Pages:
Jump to: