Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 32. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
Anyone got any valid S2 coupons that dont expire for at least a week... waiting on a BTC refund that I hope to have inside 7 days but the greater the exp date the better.

Looking for 5 coupons.

My bitmain name is the same as here, Ty.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Anyone have valid coupons for S2s? Please let me know I would like to buy.

I have few second hands units S2, i am willing to sell some. In case you are interested, please PM me. I am from Hong Kong, but i am shipping with DHL, so it arrives after 3-5 working days.

I would be skeptical of anyone selling S2 right now. They are still profitable... why are you selling?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
As vocal as this community is, if the fan was an issue, Shocked there would be hundreds of posts about the fan, AND there is NOT. Now the stock fan may not be the greatest but if yours failed thanks for sharing, its a CHEAP fix as long as you didn't cook the unit first!

I've had 20 S1's, one came with a broken fan (it was physically snapped away from the holding plastic). Bitmain sent me a new fan when I placed my next order. While I was waiting I attached two stock PC fans front and back. If you get a broken fan, ask bitmain for a replacement like I did...
Activity: 35

I have few second hands units S2, i am willing to sell some. In case you are interested, please PM me. I am from Hong Kong, but i am shipping with DHL, so it arrives after 3-5 working days.

Please check private message.
Activity: 19

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
As vocal as this community is, if the fan was an issue, Shocked there would be hundreds of posts about the fan, AND there is NOT. Now the stock fan may not be the greatest but if yours failed thanks for sharing, its a CHEAP fix as long as you didn't cook the unit first!
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
Cryptocurrency Evangelist
I get this is an S2 thread, but I just wanted to mention I've had two S1's since February and both of their fans just stopped working

The first fan died about a month into its life, and the 2nd fan died last week.

I have a feeling S1 fan death is a common theme.

I have 58 S1's and one of them have Fan failure and replaced it. Bought all within last two months.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
I had 10 S1's and never a bad fan either.
Activity: 60
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
I get this is an S2 thread, but I just wanted to mention I've had two S1's since February and both of their fans just stopped working

I've had as many as 23 S1's. Sold all but 7 now. Holding these to see what the upgrade deal is.
Have not had a bad fan on any of them.
Activity: 674

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
is overclocking recomended- does the psu need to be replaced

Overclocking is "never" recommended, however it is possible for advance users and the conditions need to be right.

You should have a decent PSU (different from the default) to handle the extra power request and make sure the miner is placed in a cooled place as the chips can get much hotter. The fans will also make more noise as they spin up to handle the extra heat dispersion.

You can find the details of overclocking in the following thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-s2-support-and-overclocking-thread-629997

~ Luc

Activity: 252
is overclocking recomended- does the psu need to be replaced
Activity: 336
Merit: 111
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
Can someone be so kind to share a coupon. My username on Bitmain is sarang23

really appreciate your help!
Activity: 42
Got it, thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
I stand corrected, mine was also picked up and scheduled fo' Monday delivery.

UPS as well so the import fees wont be the extortionate ones that DHL feel justified in charging.

touch wood it arrives in one piece not 13.

BTW - 2 of my 3 S2's show the same 'invalid nonce - HW errors', my guess is they could run better somehow possibly with better firmware &/or better PSU's though this has been discredited by a few who've tried 1200w PSUs.

i think ambient heat plays a significant role wrt PSU stability and definitely actual miner stability.

best of luck to all!
  It may be running 9 cards pulling out the hottest one .  is a better choice then using a 1200 watt psu

agreed!

the few occasions ive tried 9 cards/blades they have performed MUCH better than with ten. but i still run all at once, not sure why now i think about it... mental aversion to seeing unused boards perhaps?
Activity: 546
how low does a coupon get you, its been for ever since i have been on this thread, what have the specs got to and what is the common advice with clocking...how has shipping improved

$400 off list price. My last one I ordered had a new design. They had installed a backing plate to hold the cards firmly in place. It worked arrived in US all in one piece. The previous one I bought without the backing plate arrived with all the cards loose inside and a ben rail. big improvement.
Activity: 546
My tracking actually shows it has left China and will be here by 06/30 end of day.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I stand corrected, mine was also picked up and scheduled fo' Monday delivery.

UPS as well so the import fees wont be the extortionate ones that DHL feel justified in charging.

touch wood it arrives in one piece not 13.

BTW - 2 of my 3 S2's show the same 'invalid nonce - HW errors', my guess is they could run better somehow possibly with better firmware &/or better PSU's though this has been discredited by a few who've tried 1200w PSUs.

i think ambient heat plays a significant role wrt PSU stability and definitely actual miner stability.

best of luck to all!
  It may be running 9 cards pulling out the hottest one .  is a better choice then using a 1200 watt psu
Activity: 342
I have S2 coupons for .10 BTC.   Pm me if interested. 
Pages:
Jump to: