Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread - page 8. (Read 301154 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
November 17, 2015, 02:21:54 PM
just wanted to let everyone know that for a second time I cleaned all the contacts on my S4, completely disassembled it. Re assembled it and it is now working.
Activity: 490
Merit: 270
Reverse Engineer
November 15, 2015, 05:56:51 PM
as i promised i share
 Shocked  Shocked  Shocked J7 Chain1 Problem Solving Procedure - TURK isi - By Turgan  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

You can see pic12F1822 mcu purpose is adjusting I2C voltage tree from the controller FPGA serial data,
but our FPGA program is buggy and it cant send voltage data to J7 connected board.
Now we make a trick and we take it a clean data from right board and put it on to left board.
Using P1 ICSP connector pin 5. Remove R25 jumper resistor on left board then make a jumper wire between P1 pin5.
Connect Left board to J7. Others not important. this is simple.
Finally we can controll all of hash boards and we make s4's profitable (look at my oldest s4 posts for voltage settings)

Have a nice day Smiley
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
November 15, 2015, 11:14:23 AM
I am finding conflicting info but is there any issue with me running my s4 with 37degree temps. Thats what the 2nd blade is all others are 34degrees.

Activity: 751
Merit: 251
November 12, 2015, 09:46:50 PM
Anyone run into the issue of the S4 with a blank screen and LED and ethernet activity lights that go from blinking to off? I am guessing it is the PCB or ethernet port.

uplug power
eject/insert/eject/insert sd card
press down on controller make sure it is seated good
start with no ethernet connected
plug in and start
when starting/power on
between the case and top of ethernet connection you should see a blue light.  If no blue light in 10 sec, your controller is not turning all the way on.

If you see a blue light inside, wait till it starts to blink then connect ethernet cable.

If no blue light in that gap it is your controller connection.
Activity: 32
November 12, 2015, 04:08:30 PM
Anyone run into the issue of the S4 with a blank screen and LED and ethernet activity lights that go from blinking to off? I am guessing it is the PCB or ethernet port.

Does Bitmain sell replacement PCBs?
Activity: 751
Merit: 251
November 12, 2015, 08:25:12 AM
Has anyone had this problem:?

I can not get the S4 to hash.

I reflash image and it comes up with bitmain config settings and it will hash 2TH/s

I enter my settings and the pools say alive, many other S4 on same config work fine, but zero or 5Gh/s.

Any ideas?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
November 12, 2015, 02:40:07 AM
unplug the PSU and stick a lamp in the outlet. Is there any Light? ... No... the problems on your supply side..../  ...Yes...try a different PSU in the miner and see if you can get one board to hash.

Thanks but I don't have another PSU to test out :/

But it does sound most likely to be the PSU so guess I'll have to try and replace it!
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
November 12, 2015, 02:20:15 AM
unplug the PSU and stick a lamp in the outlet. Is there any Light? ... No... the problems on your supply side..../  ...Yes...try a different PSU in the miner and see if you can get one board to hash.
November 11, 2015, 07:57:58 PM
My S4 wont start after we had a power outage any ideas?

Is my PSU dead?  Cry

I just saw that the supplier had a 15amp cable and not a 16 amp would that have any effect?

I've tried every search I can think of on the forums but can't find an answer.

I've tried swapping out the cables but it still looks like no power is going to the unit. Is there a walk through anywhere to check your PSU?
Activity: 12
November 06, 2015, 02:09:40 PM
having some issues with an antminer s4

http://i.imgur.com/mm4mS2r.png

https://i.imgur.com/bWiB9Ce.png

so I pretty much figured out that I have a bad IO board by putting in a good working one into this miner from another working miner. I am having trouble locating anything on fixing or replacing this board. Anyone have any insight on this?

Your pics lack the asic status.  Are all asics showing o's, any - or x's.  I do believe there is an updated firmware version you could upload to the S4.

My only troubles I had pointed to the psu which can easily be the cause of everything.  What does the front panel screen show it hashing at?

I would like to see more aswell.  Please share status screens.

I have never seen someone stack like that.  It's unique to say the least. But amazing if that works with that setup.  Are you running downclocked or standard freqs?

Basically there is nothing more to see, Below what that page should be is the board status. There is nothing that shows up below that. the results I am getting are the same results that would happen if you unplugged the ASICs from the controller board. the only thing that appears to be working is the BB board.

any comments or suggestions are helpful.
Activity: 38
November 05, 2015, 05:58:23 PM

I have 4 spare S4 hash boards if you'd like to repair your S4. Pm me if interested.

Virosa, /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh

Do you still have these Hash boards?  I received an S4 that has 2, possibly 3 bad Hash boards that need replacing.

Yes, still available.

Great, sorry for the late response as I have been trying to get my little mining rig in place.  How much are you asking for one or two of them?  Thanks!
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
November 04, 2015, 12:16:07 AM

I want to throw this out there as a reminder to anyone.
I had a static discharge with an S4 which isn't kept in my mining area, it is kept closer to me for heat.
Over 6 hours or so it lost hash, I'd forgotten about the static, I rebooted and everything was good.
4 hours, same thing, less and less until it wouldn't run at all.

I remembered the static.
I pulled everything down, cleaned, inspected, tested the PSU, everything looked good.
I could not find a burn mark, finished cleaning.

She has been running for two hours now. Cover is still off. I think the static did something to make a connection poor.
I'd previously checked power, and swapped power.

It would show 2TH+ on the average, the 5 sec would ramp up with the fans, but after X amount of time the 5 sec would be 0 and the average might be 1300, or 1500. I think it was the PSU making a poor connection.

I'm not out of the woods yet, but it is looking up and I thought I'd share if that helps anyone.
Sometimes they want to be straightened out and moved around a bit.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 03, 2015, 09:41:51 AM
Ahh okay thanks guys! well I don't think I'll be upgrading anytime soon so I can just wait and see.

There is no wait and see really.  They will not be making a S4 upgrade kit.  I believe they did a S1 upgrade kit.

But all others they have avoid at all costs.  S2 users begged for a upgrade.... it never came.  Your machine will not see a bitmain upgrade kit on S4..
November 03, 2015, 08:56:51 AM
Ahh okay thanks guys! well I don't think I'll be upgrading anytime soon so I can just wait and see.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
November 03, 2015, 07:12:27 AM
Is there an upgrade kit to s4+?

Do you think there will be an upgrade to newer chips in the future like they did with the s2?

No, it was canceled and they even skipped the S6. The closest to the S6 was the S4+/S5+. No official word of if there will be a S6 eventually but the upgrade kit for S4 were canceled for some reason.

They skipped it for good.   We will not be seeing a S6.   I think Dogie was one to inform us of that (I could be wrong I'm not 100 percent on that).

But it's hard to tell if they will do a S8, or they might do another + edition.  S7+ and hook 3 together.   And there is already the rumor of the new S7 with lower specs coming out this month, it has not been confirmed by bitmain.

I read the messages received from Bitmain, directly replied to will there be a S6? And the answer was "We will be releasing the S7 next, nothing about a S6 currently." The question is pretty much will they ever make a U rack form factor miner ever again.

Would probably be easy for them to slap 9 hash boards in a rack form factor, but they were putting a high importance on "using less materials and making the miner lighter". So i guess time will tell.

But TLDR; No s4+ upgrade kit, no words on a next gen rack mount miner.
legendary
Activity: 1456
November 03, 2015, 05:19:19 AM

Do you think there will be an upgrade to newer chips in the future like they did with the s2?

No, it was canceled and they even skipped the S6. The closest to the S6 was the S4+/S5+. No official word of if there will be a S6 eventually but the upgrade kit for S4 were canceled for some reason.

They skipped it for good.   We will not be seeing a S6.   I think Dogie was one to inform us of that (I could be wrong I'm not 100 percent on that).

But it's hard to tell if they will do a S8, or they might do another + edition.  S7+ and hook 3 together.   And there is already the rumor of the new S7 with lower specs coming out this month, it has not been confirmed by bitmain.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
November 03, 2015, 04:31:06 AM

November 03, 2015, 04:21:23 AM

legendary
Activity: 1596
November 03, 2015, 01:29:23 AM

I have 4 spare S4 hash boards if you'd like to repair your S4. Pm me if interested.

Do you still have these Hash boards?  I received an S4 that has 2, possibly 3 bad Hash boards that need replacing.

Yes, still available.
Activity: 924
November 03, 2015, 01:25:04 AM

Do you still have these Hash boards?  I received an S4 that has 2, possibly 3 bad Hash boards that need replacing.

If you can double check to see its not the psu.  The psus failing are common and would cause the boards to look as though they are bad.
Pages:
Jump to: