Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread - page 5. (Read 301154 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
February 11, 2016, 05:39:20 AM
No it's a small button, not a knob.
My fault, bad English.

I bought this AM4 used, and the seller said, that he bought it and never changed the firmware and/or hardware parts or the PSU.

I suppose everything is original.

Since the firmware is of oct 16th 2014 this particular miner has been made after that date.

Does this helps for identifying the PSU ?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
February 11, 2016, 05:31:15 AM
@notlist3d

Thx for your reply.

I knew this small knob under the fan exhaust. But I think this is the cold power-off ?
Or does is shut down the system ?

Can you take a picture of your PSU and share it?  Some had bad PSU's and might have been replaced do you know if it's the OEM PSU on your S4?

Assuming it's the PSU the S4 comes with were talking about a small button.  I don't remember a knob (assume you mean like spinning knob not push).   So really would like picture.
February 11, 2016, 04:42:56 AM
@notlist3d

Thx for your reply.

I knew this small knob under the fan exhaust. But I think this is the cold power-off ?
Or does is shut down the system ?
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
February 11, 2016, 04:31:31 AM
Are they alright to be stood on their sides if needed? Nothing going to fall off inside is there?
legendary
Activity: 1456
February 11, 2016, 04:24:52 AM
Hi 2 all!

I am new to Antminer S4. I know that this is not an actual model, but I bought one used.

Up for one week now and seems to be stable. It has the Firmware from oct 16th 2014.
Didn't try to flash a newer firmware.

Can somebody help me with some questions ?

Which pool are you using and which average hashrate do you get ?
This running firmware is stable: would it be worth to flash another (newer) one ?

Can some body tell me how can i shut down the system in case of maintanance ? I just found the possibility to switch off the miner the cold way.

Every hints appreciated!

Helfred

Assuming it's using the PSUs it came with there is a tiny circle on bottom under fan exhust.  Press it for a few seconds it turns it off or on.  You can power cycle the miner if needed with it.

They were always very stable for me on ones I had. I always got around 2T or more.  I would sometimes OC them back then (something I don't do with modern minders).   But yes it should be stable and get good speed.
February 11, 2016, 02:26:34 AM
Hi 2 all!

I am new to Antminer S4. I know that this is not an actual model, but I bought one used.

Up for one week now and seems to be stable. It has the Firmware from oct 16th 2014.
Didn't try to flash a newer firmware.

Can somebody help me with some questions ?

Which pool are you using and which average hashrate do you get ?
This running firmware is stable: would it be worth to flash another (newer) one ?

Can some body tell me how can i shut down the system in case of maintanance ? I just found the possibility to switch off the miner the cold way.

Every hints appreciated!

Helfred
February 08, 2016, 04:03:25 PM
Anyone?
Read here, anyway you should edit the cgminer.sh, and if you want the homemode to work you should use  the latest firmware. But on that firmware you can not lower the voltage because is fixed on 0725.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10462772

Thanks bittalc1, but that's beyond my capabilities. I am just about able to putty into my s3 and change the freq. That's about as far as my abilities go  Sad
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
February 08, 2016, 01:27:24 PM
Anyone?
Read here, anyway you should edit the cgminer.sh, and if you want the homemode to work you should use  the latest firmware. But on that firmware you can not lower the voltage because is fixed on 0725.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10462772
February 08, 2016, 01:15:36 PM
Anyone?
February 07, 2016, 04:29:19 PM
Where abouts do I enter those details Prelude?

Also if that doesn't work has anyone hooked up some kind of ducting to the exhaust fans (which im assuming are the noisiest?) to try and quieten them down?

Can they be stood on their sides or are things going to fall off when they get warmed up?
legendary
Activity: 1596
February 07, 2016, 03:36:59 PM
Going to be getting an S4 soon and was wondering how you guys have dealt with the noise? I know you can underclock it but that kind of defeats the object of it. Not got to worry too much about ambient temps as I'm in the uk and rarely gets above 25c in summer.

I currently have two s3's under my desk in my room and can quite easily sleep with those on all the time so just wondering what the s4 is like in comparison.

Thanks.

--bitmain-homemode

That will slow the fans down. Never had any issues with running them that way, and the temps arent an issue.
February 07, 2016, 03:23:05 PM
Going to be getting an S4 soon and was wondering how you guys have dealt with the noise? I know you can underclock it but that kind of defeats the object of it. Not got to worry too much about ambient temps as I'm in the uk and rarely gets above 25c in summer.

I currently have two s3's under my desk in my room and can quite easily sleep with those on all the time so just wondering what the s4 is like in comparison.

Thanks.
How much are people buying and selling these for lately?

On eBay they seem to be going for $1000 which is obviously inflated.

I know an S3 is worth like $75 this is like 4 of them so $300 + $100 for the PSU? = $400-$500 or so ?
The S4's are rock solid miners. I'm running them for a year without any problems. If i sell them in near future it will be minimum 500.

Yup agreed. my solo S4 has been running flawlessly for 10 months apart from this hiccup last nite.
I had noticed my S4 poolside hashrate dropped from 2 down to 1.5TH/s for like past week. (Antpool)
 i attributed my lower wallet payouts (which i monitor daily) to difficulty increase. The miner itself was showing  around 1.95 and miner status page the same.
Not low enough for me to think something amiss. So  didnt notice until I logged into antpool last nite, 1st time in a week . My dashboard daily graph which is usually flatlined at 2 ,showed a drop to
1.5  a week ago then flatlined at 1.5. Payouts not suprisingly dropped on same day.
Very strange, as my poolside hashrate until now has been a very stable  2TH for almost a year now.
Anyway I rebooted miner and all is well again. at 2.014 .Will now make it a habit to login daily to check poolside hashrate.
 Im wondering, is this normal behaviour for S4?  i suppose i cant complain, this thing has mined over 5 bitcoins since 4/2015.
dont ask me about my  electric bill, i only mine as a "hobby" lol.
Yep that happens to me also but reboot fix it. You should look at the avg 5s hash rate, not the avg. I use mmonitor from mdude.
Activity: 481
Merit: 264
BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX
Does anyone know where I can get this replacement part PDQ

http://i.imgur.com/VD8oXWn.jpg

My baby is hurtin'  Sad

That is made on to the beaglebone.  If you open up the miner it just pulls out. Just make sure you do not bend the pins and there are a lot of them. Last one I changed I did not even remove the board from the miner.  just pull straight up on it.   Almost plug and play.  

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020160105102242316JqapyMif0705

$50 bucks on bitmain but paying and shipping is a hassle.  I have seen people reselling them on ebay also.. Search for beaglebone s4 or BB s4.  The firmware is miner specific I believe, same hardware for all but need to make sure it is correct for your miner.

Best of luck.

Activity: 22
Does anyone know where I can get this replacement part PDQ

http://i.imgur.com/VD8oXWn.jpg

My baby is hurtin'  Sad
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484
born once atheist

I know an S3 is worth like $75 this is like 4 of them so $300 + $100 for the PSU? = $400-$500 or so ?
The S4's are rock solid miners. I'm running them for a year without any problems. If i sell them in near future it will be minimum 500.

Yup agreed. my solo S4 has been running flawlessly for 10 months apart from this hiccup last nite.
I had noticed my S4 poolside hashrate dropped from 2 down to 1.5TH/s for like past week. (Antpool)
 i attributed my lower wallet payouts (which i monitor daily) to difficulty increase. The miner itself was showing  around 1.95 and miner status page the same.
Not low enough for me to think something amiss. So  didnt notice until I logged into antpool last nite, 1st time in a week . My dashboard daily graph which is usually flatlined at 2 ,showed a drop to
1.5  a week ago then flatlined at 1.5. Payouts not suprisingly dropped on same day.
Very strange, as my poolside hashrate until now has been a very stable  2TH for almost a year now.
Anyway I rebooted miner and all is well again. at 2.014 .Will now make it a habit to login daily to check poolside hashrate.
 Im wondering, is this normal behaviour for S4?  i suppose i cant complain, this thing has mined over 5 bitcoins since 4/2015.
dont ask me about my  electric bill, i only mine as a "hobby" lol.

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

Running an S4 with latest firmware - runs fine for about 48 hours and then stops -  Still on network, LCD shows its hashing, IP is still the same.  I can hit it with ssh but the root password isn't working, and can hit it with the web gui and password is not working.  Reboot.  Same symptoms.  Reset to factory defaults, I can get in, change back to what it should be.  Runs fine for about 48 hours and then I can't login again.  Repeat...  This has been happening for about 10 days now.

Any ideas?

Maybe your pc is hacked? So maybe someone change that pass and take control of your gear, so you mine for them
Activity: 15
Running an S4 with latest firmware - runs fine for about 48 hours and then stops -  Still on network, LCD shows its hashing, IP is still the same.  I can hit it with ssh but the root password isn't working, and can hit it with the web gui and password is not working.  Reboot.  Same symptoms.  Reset to factory defaults, I can get in, change back to what it should be.  Runs fine for about 48 hours and then I can't login again.  Repeat...  This has been happening for about 10 days now.

Any ideas?

Pages:
Jump to: