Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 71. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Getting half hash speed and one board full of dashes

Miner suddenly went into this mode and it's always the same board.

I tried running it in one board mode and the other board works well. Sometimes when running in two boards, the hash rate will drop to 0

Tried reflashing firmware, hard reset and also reflashing with Keep Settings unticked. Double checked all wirings. Tried changing PSU also.

On the top of the control board there are 2 spots on both sides for the hashing boards might want to move that one over by one and see if it works. If its out of warranty.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
What's going on?Huh? Bitmain raised prices on the S5 to $360+shipping?HuhHuhHuh
i think the price increase may be because they added heatsinks to the other side of the hashboard on the newer S5's. if you look in this thread:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072176.0;all

Vorta states that one of his came with the heatsinks already on it.
that is where this image  
came from. i am curious if this actually came from bitmain. if it did; that would explain the price increase.
To do so I've:
  • Repasted the miner with a much better termal paste,
  • Added mini heatsinks on the external side of the hashboards with adhesive termal paste (to the first miner only, as second came with them),
  • Closed the miner's heatsink with 3D printed plates so no air can run out on the top or bottom sides,
  • Added fan ducts between fans and miners which direct most of the air through the main heatsink and blow just a little bit of air to external heatsinks, just to drive some airflow on the sides.

Im going to email bitmain an see if they come with the heatsinks now.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Yeap i double checked the connections and switched cables around Sad

Using a Delta 2000W thingy.

I took it out and also saw the wet pastes and even reapplied it as well.

Looks like the board is truly dead?

I would check the PSU as final thing i you have another S5 to make sure psu is working (you might have done this already).

If you have done that it's not looking good for the board, sounds like it's likely having a problem.   You can start a ticket over here to talk to Bitmain Support about the troubled board.  Tell them all you have done to troubleshoot in ticket, I'm guessing it is likely needing replaced. - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us .  
Activity: 136
Yeap i double checked the connections and switched cables around Sad

Using a Delta 2000W thingy.

I took it out and also saw the wet pastes and even reapplied it as well.

Looks like the board is truly dead?
legendary
Activity: 1456

I tried running it in one board mode and the other board works well. Sometimes when running in two boards, the hash rate will drop to 0

Tried reflashing firmware, hard reset and also reflashing with Keep Settings unticked. Double checked all wirings. Tried changing PSU also.

It sounds like you have eliminated software as cause with re-flashing.  Here is the guide for hashing around 1/2 speed but it sounds like you already did what it suggests - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203559969-My-S5-hashes-at-about-600GH-S

What model PSU's are you using?  Also I would go through this to check all PCB/cables look good/snug - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204875015-How-to-diagnose-S5-hashing-PCB

Activity: 136

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
I'm going to chime in and say that after only recently ordering an S5 from them, I have to say their support has been great.

Expected delivery is also only a few days after I sent payment, which I can track.

Also, I noticed some user(s) reporting that the recent S5's have additional heatsinks on them.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
If you don't like it, buy from someone else.

I am ! Buying from Coinbase !

True.  Coinbase Exchange has been very good to me lately.  I also agree with the other poster.  I've watched and the price never changed when bitcoin went down.  So no, it's not tied to bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

I am ! Buying from Coinbase !
Activity: 224

you noticed they never lower it when bitcoin drops!

Bitmain is sucking every bitcoin they can get because they are going broke !

Its like milking the cow for its last bit of milk Because you know the cow is going to die any day now. way to go That's pure greed if you ask me. but then again that's business.

Don't lower the price just keep raising it that's real cheesy bitmain !

what are your thoughts foolish or otherwise ?

What are you, 12?

Oh, wait.
legendary
Activity: 1274
same price its been for weeks..

Pretty sure it went from $340.

It was 340  but the price of bitconis went  up not the price as much as it's  the same a mount of bitcoins it was at 340 they even said the price will go or down thu for the down part i have yet to see that even  happen when they do drop . Sorry bitmain you all are great but i have to call you on that one i kept watching the price it never went down even if the coins dropped to 220 a coin that i saw.either way i would and will keep buying from you all I am very great full you all are there for us .

cyz
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Its like milking the cow for its last bit of milk Because you know the cow is going to die any day now. way to go That's pure greed if you ask me. but then again that's business.

I think you've nailed the state of Bitmain quite well.

I've become thoroughly disgusted with their business practices.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Google Cache June 15th, 03:20GMT: $340 / BTC1.434 = ~$237/BTC.  bitstamp: ~$235/BTC
Current: $360 / BTC1.432 = ~$251/BTC.  bitstamp: ~$252/USD.
So while they price their items in USD and let the BTC amount fluctuate along with minor exhange rate fluctuations, there's thresholds where they adjust the USD price to keep a roughly same amount in Bitcoin.
( Next to more manual adjustments as we've seen in the past. )
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

you noticed they never lower it when bitcoin drops!

alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052

maybe because the bitcoin went up and the price is reflecting that..

when i got mine it was 369 so its down in my eyes hah.  :/

I always find it amusing that a product that is priced in USD, for which virtually none of it's inputs (e.g. chips, assembly, case, controller) are priced in BTC, somehow then is influenced by the price of BTC?

I think they changed the price, "because they can". Who else are you going to buy from, today?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

maybe because the bitcoin went up and the price is reflecting that..

when i got mine it was 369 so its down in my eyes hah.  :/
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
Had a scare today, summer has arrived and my active miners started screaming (was very warm in here)! I was sacked at the time, but checked and found it was virtually every running miner and ended up shutting them all down.

Later got up and couldn't get any miners to function properly (access worked, but status screens remained empty or else each pool was dead) and that includes miners that weren't previously running -- none cooperated!  Tried various things and discovered part of the problem was the TP Module communicating to two powerline networks had stopped communicating (seemingly overheated!)  Swapped in a spare, whereupon the utility reported the network whole, but the miners still didn't work, power recycle and reboot still didn't solve the problem.  Finally occurred to me to unplug, wait some twenty plus seconds, and replug each of my six LAN switches.  All of a sudden, the miners started reporting normally.

Now, all is again fine!  Something to consider when trouble shooting!  (Also dropped the S5 clock rate from 300MHz to 287.5MHz in hope of less likelihood of repeat.  Outside temp was ~87F with windows open to help heat escape.)

It's a good idea to power cycle the switches periodically. Lets them remap the ports and come to their senses. Especially if you're running cheap switches. It's always nice to pick up some $20 switches to keep costs down when you're investing in new gear, but when the dust settles it makes sense to invest in high quality switches.
Pages:
Jump to: