Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 68. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Hello! Recently I bought 17 pcs. of Antminer S5 from Russian reseller Igorgan1983 . A couple of days ago when the Internet access lost during the night, the temperature at hashing boards on 4 of miners was about 100-125 degrees, the fans was spinning at some minimum speed, so these 4 S5s has been burnt. After rebooting, the status of it's chips was -------. Now I sent all 4 units to reseller and he sent them to China. For shipping these miners back to China I will have to pay around 7000-8000 roubles.

Thereby, I have following questions:

1. Is it possible to compensate the shipping cost of transfer S5s to China?
2. Is it possible to accelerate the process of consideration of my case (there has been passed almost a week since the blades has arrived to China)?
3. Among the 17 S5s one has arrived to me in a used condition (blades version 1.7), I have already sent a pictures of it to you before - can it be replaced with completely new one?
4. When will be issued a firmware that fixes a bug with S5s overheating during the absence of the Internet access?

Known bug first reported by me in March 2015. I almost burnt up all my miners twice because of this. Then put my fans on direct. Any miners burnt up because of this bug should be replaced for free. Yoshi has helped me in the past, is he still around?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10833820

forward to solve the problem
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006
I think your best bet is ordering from Bitmain directly.    Shipping is really pretty quick, and I'm not sure if Philippines is the same but i know US I can select from shipping company's to one I want/best one out off 3 listed.  I would think this list varies based on location though on shipping options.

In Philippines, if you purchase from http://www.bitmaintech.com with UPS delivery option, tax & customs clearance fee total due should be at about 2,300 Philippine Peso ($50 USD) additional to the purchase price.  You'll receive it in just a few days from the payment made on the website.

If it breaks, there may be some parts available for you locally if you PM us or email us [email protected] 

order to bitmaintech website directly.
im from ina, i order to bitmain cz in my country, s5 is too damn overprice.

thank you for the great feedback
I guess going directly to the bitmaintech is the best option
cheers everyone
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..
is there any authorized distributor here in the Philippines for the S5?
all I can see in the popular buy and sell sites here in the Philippines are used antminer and its not the latest model
im hoping for a distributor or a seller nearby
order to bitmaintech website directly.
im from ina, i order to bitmain cz in my country, s5 is too damn overprice.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
In Philippines, if you purchase from http://www.bitmaintech.com with UPS delivery option, tax & customs clearance fee total due should be at about 2,300 Philippine Peso ($50 USD) additional to the purchase price.  You'll receive it in just a few days from the payment made on the website.

If it breaks, there may be some parts available for you locally if you PM us or email us [email protected] 

all I can see in the popular buy and sell sites here in the Philippines are used antminer and its not the latest model
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

I think your best bet is ordering from Bitmain directly.    Shipping is really pretty quick, and I'm not sure if Philippines is the same but i know US I can select from shipping company's to one I want/best one out off 3 listed.  I would think this list varies based on location though on shipping options.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
Hello! Recently I bought 17 pcs. of Antminer S5 from Russian reseller Igorgan1983 . A couple of days ago when the Internet access lost during the night, the temperature at hashing boards on 4 of miners was about 100-125 degrees, the fans was spinning at some minimum speed, so these 4 S5s has been burnt. After rebooting, the status of it's chips was -------. Now I sent all 4 units to reseller and he sent them to China. For shipping these miners back to China I will have to pay around 7000-8000 roubles.

2. Is it possible to accelerate the process of consideration of my case (there has been passed almost a week since the blades has arrived to China)?
3. Among the 17 S5s one has arrived to me in a used condition (blades version 1.7), I have already sent a pictures of it to you before - can it be replaced with completely new one?
4. When will be issued a firmware that fixes a bug with S5s overheating during the absence of the Internet access?

Known bug first reported by me in March 2015. I almost burnt up all my miners twice because of this. Then put my fans on direct. Any miners burnt up because of this bug should be replaced for free. Yoshi has helped me in the past, is he still around?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10833820

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Somebody here posted a graph of S5 overclock settings and profitability.  It showed the optimum frequency to overclock.  Now I come back and can't find it.  That is what I get for reading this board in the middle of the night and not noting something interesting.

If anyone can provide a link to that graph, I would appreciate it.
I suspect you might have been thinking of this one - it's another thread, not about the S5, but the post was Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
I am testing the new s5 firmware ... tomorow i will leave the miners without internet too see if the problem persist.

The same problem i had to!
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Somebody here posted a graph of S5 overclock settings and profitability.  It showed the optimum frequency to overclock.  Now I come back and can't find it.  That is what I get for reading this board in the middle of the night and not noting something interesting.

If anyone can provide a link to that graph, I would appreciate it.

Tom Travis
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
How does one become a reseller? I am assuming there is a minimum order that must be placed in order to get the "reseller" status?

The quoted list is very old, I don't think there even is a reseller programme any more due to consistent supply from bitmaintech.com now.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
Good afternoon! I bought 17 pieces S5 from dealers Igorgan1983 .

...... Below is the list of the authorized partners:

How does one become a reseller? I am assuming there is a minimum order that must be placed in order to get the "reseller" status?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Good afternoon! I bought 17 pieces S5 from dealers Igorgan1983 .

...... Below is the list of the authorized partners:
Activity: 36
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
p2pool is reporting 1.6 TH/s @ 290W

SOLVED:

looks like random users found my node and are mining on it, lol.

I'm gonna charge a fee if this keeps up!
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Are you shipping it to Russia?

Yep. Their representative Sharif already explained, that this fee is forever. At least, as he said, untill Russian goverment "legalize" BTC, cryptocurrencies and mining equipment.

But it is not officially prohibited as yet...  Undecided
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
As far as reset this is straight from manual:

I do this all the time with each new S5 I buy - there are some subtleties they don't describe.  The first is that it won't do ANYTHING until the machine is booted past a certain point, the easiest indicator of this is when the red and green lights light up and are solid, as soon as they both turn off, then you can do it.  The second thing so that you KNOW it actually worked, when you press it in and hold it for a couple seconds, it will make the alarm sound - no alarm, nothing reset.

Hope that helps!
legendary
Activity: 1456
fucked up my s5!

took out dhcp and put in 192.168.1.20 and nothing more

now i can't see the miner anymore!

did off/on, long off/on, reset on that switch! nothing works
no http://192.168.1.99/ no 192.168.1.20!

please advise!!!

As far as reset this is straight from manual:

That should work I would give it another attempt or two if you did not get it first time.

If it does not work when you took it out of DHCP did you set all of the settings or just top box with only IP?  

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
AFAIK it's my problem if my custom's decide to charge me such a tax. But they can do it only if shipping cost of the package being importing to Russian Federation (where I am living in btw  Cheesy ) exceeds 1000 EUR. Recently I received 2 S5s without any taxes (and for 340 USD for each).
Are you shipping it to Russia?

I can not be select a ship method...

On mine it allowed me to pick.  I love it.  Now it's letting me pick between UPS, Fedex, and DHL.    (shipping is to US )
Select alternate address / new address then back to your current one, it should provide options again.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
done! this motherfuckin time it worked! i guess it was the ~10th time!!!
dhcp now and i leave it like that, too scared to change it again Grin
Pages:
Jump to: