Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 70. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Confirmed.. cannot complete order due to drop down not showing a shipping method.

edit, its a bug on the site.. if you choose alternate shipping address. then go back to your original one you can choose and complete order.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
@bitmain

I just started an order, but the checkout page will not show a shipping method, or price. so I did not complete the order.

legendary
if they dont release a miner that is more efficient and half the cost.. its not going to be worth buying.
Ha!!  Don't get your hopes up on the bolded part, I think it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

I'm expecting to see the S7 somewhere around 0.4w/gh efficiency.  If they keep the same PCB layout and number of chips I'd figure they'd be hitting around 1.35-1.4TH/s for about the same power draw, basically just upping the efficiency by 20%.  I expect the price to be over $400 when released, just like the S5 was when it was first released.

If they don't beat those numbers by a larger margin, I honestly don't see mass sales.  Anyone with >0.7w/gh and expensive power I could see them pulling the trigger and doing an upgrade, but I really can't see many with S5's feeling the need to immediately upgrade, even those with not great power costs.  Those with free or cheap power it doesn't make much sense to upgrade anything newer than an S4 I would think (unless the price is, as you hoped, halved).

I Hope the S7 is Quiet like the Avalon 4.1s
Going by past BM designs, doubtful.

i can barely hear my s3s.. i think they screwed up on the s5. the BM1384 has so much potential. if they took the time to engineer something for it, it could have been twice as efficient and probably just as quiet as the s3.

i hope someone finds a way to undervolt them and get them to run at .3/ghs like they said they could, the chart is still on the first page even.

I absolutely agree with the S5 could have been quieter, and that the S3 was perfectly fine for home use. Playing devil's advocate, power density did nearly double in the S5 compared to the S3 which would explain a portion of it.
yeah but according to the graph on the main page, the s5 could have been even double the speed of the s3 (907ghs) and 321 watts. with potential to OC
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
if they dont release a miner that is more efficient and half the cost.. its not going to be worth buying.
Ha!!  Don't get your hopes up on the bolded part, I think it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

I'm expecting to see the S7 somewhere around 0.4w/gh efficiency.  If they keep the same PCB layout and number of chips I'd figure they'd be hitting around 1.35-1.4TH/s for about the same power draw, basically just upping the efficiency by 20%.  I expect the price to be over $400 when released, just like the S5 was when it was first released.

If they don't beat those numbers by a larger margin, I honestly don't see mass sales.  Anyone with >0.7w/gh and expensive power I could see them pulling the trigger and doing an upgrade, but I really can't see many with S5's feeling the need to immediately upgrade, even those with not great power costs.  Those with free or cheap power it doesn't make much sense to upgrade anything newer than an S4 I would think (unless the price is, as you hoped, halved).

i can barely hear my s3s.. i think they screwed up on the s5. the BM1384 has so much potential. if they took the time to engineer something for it, it could have been twice as efficient and probably just as quiet as the s3.

i hope someone finds a way to undervolt them and get them to run at .3/ghs like they said they could, the chart is still on the first page even.

I absolutely agree with the S5 could have been quieter, and that the S3 was perfectly fine for home use. Playing devil's advocate, power density did nearly double in the S5 compared to the S3 which would explain a portion of it.
legendary
Ha!!  Don't get your hopes up on the bolded part, I think it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

I'm expecting to see the S7 somewhere around 0.4w/gh efficiency.  If they keep the same PCB layout and number of chips I'd figure they'd be hitting around 1.35-1.4TH/s for about the same power draw, basically just upping the efficiency by 20%.  I expect the price to be over $400 when released, just like the S5 was when it was first released.

If they don't beat those numbers by a larger margin, I honestly don't see mass sales.  Anyone with >0.7w/gh and expensive power I could see them pulling the trigger and doing an upgrade, but I really can't see many with S5's feeling the need to immediately upgrade, even those with not great power costs.  Those with free or cheap power it doesn't make much sense to upgrade anything newer than an S4 I would think (unless the price is, as you hoped, halved).

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Ha!!  Don't get your hopes up on the bolded part, I think it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

I'm expecting to see the S7 somewhere around 0.4w/gh efficiency.  If they keep the same PCB layout and number of chips I'd figure they'd be hitting around 1.35-1.4TH/s for about the same power draw, basically just upping the efficiency by 20%.  I expect the price to be over $400 when released, just like the S5 was when it was first released.

If they don't beat those numbers by a larger margin, I honestly don't see mass sales.  Anyone with >0.7w/gh and expensive power I could see them pulling the trigger and doing an upgrade, but I really can't see many with S5's feeling the need to immediately upgrade, even those with not great power costs.  Those with free or cheap power it doesn't make much sense to upgrade anything newer than an S4 I would think (unless the price is, as you hoped, halved).

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
had anyone tried to order s5? i cannot select the shippment box.

I know they are not currently shipping because of the Dragon Boat Festival but I don't know if that has anything to do with the functionality of the site.

"Generally, shipping out within 48 hours after full payment.  We'll have Dragon Boat Festival from June 20~22, the last shipping date before holiday will be June 19 and resume on June 23rd after we come back."
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
had anyone tried to order s5? i cannot select the shippment box.
legendary
with what im seeing in the gekkoscience bm1384 thread the s5 could have been made almost twice as efficient, had they have tried harder...

perhaps they are doing that.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
What I'm seeing is that both my Ebay purchased used S3 and Bitmain purchased S5 work fine.  I have to pay attention to operating temps (changed the S5 fan setup and under-clocked for PS comfort, living space temp and stability).  The S5 is more particular, but it's a good miner!  Interested in the upcoming details of the S7!
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Just ordered 20 antminer s5 and two of them are dead when i plug them on

The second one looks like an unhappy board (try on different PSU, then swap its port on a controller to see if we can coax life into it) but the first one looks like an unhappy controller/PSU. That is evidence by BOTH boards being unstable (very unlikely naturally) and that the fan is going at 3k without any temp indication. You can try connecting the hashing boards on another controller if you lay 2x S5s on their sides and get the cables to reach.
do you think the boards are ok only the controler is fuckd up?

I will test this tomorow morning.
Just tested and... no answer they are still death i had put a good controler from an older command but the same.

In this morning i more had failed.

I saw the images you sent to support. What PSUs are you using, and can you try a more stable pool than betarigs.com please?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
It has arrived  Grin Grin Grin Grin  Unfortunately doesn't have the mini heatsinks that some other user got :-(

The side panels are fine to leave them the way they are right?

Yes it would be suggested to have on panels to direct wind.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
It has arrived  Grin Grin Grin Grin  Unfortunately doesn't have the mini heatsinks that some other user got :-(

The side panels are fine to leave them the way they are right?

http://s12.postimg.org/de3bgudel/IMG_1642.jpg
legendary

The second one looks like an unhappy board (try on different PSU, then swap its port on a controller to see if we can coax life into it) but the first one looks like an unhappy controller/PSU. That is evidence by BOTH boards being unstable (very unlikely naturally) and that the fan is going at 3k without any temp indication. You can try connecting the hashing boards on another controller if you lay 2x S5s on their sides and get the cables to reach.

Just tested and... no answer they are still death i had put a good controler from an older command but the same.

In this morning i more had failed.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
What's going on?Huh? Bitmain raised prices on the S5 to $360+shipping?HuhHuhHuh
i think the price increase may be because they added heatsinks to the other side of the hashboard on the newer S5's. if you look in this thread:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072176.0;all

Vorta states that one of his came with the heatsinks already on it.
that is where this image  
came from. i am curious if this actually came from bitmain. if it did; that would explain the price increase.
To do so I've:
  • Repasted the miner with a much better termal paste,
  • Added mini heatsinks on the external side of the hashboards with adhesive termal paste (to the first miner only, as second came with them),
  • Closed the miner's heatsink with 3D printed plates so no air can run out on the top or bottom sides,
  • Added fan ducts between fans and miners which direct most of the air through the main heatsink and blow just a little bit of air to external heatsinks, just to drive some airflow on the sides.

Im going to email bitmain an see if they come with the heatsinks now.

bitmain said this:

Bitmain (Bitmain)
Jun 17, 12:39

Hello sir,
there was short batch or miners with heatsinks on a side.

not sure if factory will continue with that option.

best regards,
Bitmain_Z
legendary

legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: