Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 72. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Yep. S5s should be like this from the beginning...
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
A week ago my second S5 arrived. Exactly the same as any other S5. But, when we turn it around and remove the plastic side panels we uncover this:

Very cool, perfectly sized heatsinks outside of the hashboard.

Can someone please tell me where can I order such a heatsinks? Or probably some other heatsinks with 12x8 mm base and 10-19 mm fins?

This came directly from Bitmaintech with those heatsinks on it?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
A week ago my second S5 arrived. Exactly the same as any other S5. But, when we turn it around and remove the plastic side panels we uncover this:

Very cool, perfectly sized heatsinks outside of the hashboard.

Can someone please tell me where can I order such a heatsinks? Or probably some other heatsinks with 12x8 mm base and 10-19 mm fins?
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
i can confirm the temp problems without internet.
just today my internet went down for about 30 minutes..

they started beeping as usual when it detects no internet and all the fans turned off. i pretty much ignored it and went on doing what i was doing.
after a few minutes i noticed the s5 beep turned into a solid tone.. ive never heard that before.

i went to check it and when i touched the heat sink and it was so hot i couldn't put my finger on it. the fans were not spinning very fast and really hot air was coming out the back. i instantly shut it down.

the internet is back on again, it seems to be working ok.. today was the final day of my 90 day warranty.. i hope i dont have any problems because of this.

this is a problem and a potential fire hazard.. had i not been home who knows what would have happened.

i went and put the fan on a molex adapter.. its not ideal since its now at full speed.. but if the internet shuts off again the fan wont stop.

email bitmain START TALKING TO THEM NOW

Bitmain is already working on this issue, so wait for new S5 firmware.

Really? This issue was reported maybe 2 months ago by me. I don't think there will be an update.

EDIT:
Here you go, this is when I first mentioned this problem. This was back in March!!!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10833820

They probably wait for 90-day warranty period to end. We will see a lot of burnt S5 on ebay soon. I will remove 4th pin from S5 fan to keep it running at full speed. Official reply is that they're working on the issue.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....

they started beeping as usual when it detects no internet and all the fans turned off. i pretty much ignored it and went on doing what i was doing.
after a few minutes i noticed the s5 beep turned into a solid tone.. ive never heard that before.

i went to check it and when i touched the heat sink and it was so hot i couldn't put my finger on it. the fans were not spinning very fast and really hot air was coming out the back. i instantly shut it down.

the internet is back on again, it seems to be working ok.. today was the final day of my 90 day warranty.. i hope i dont have any problems because of this.

this is a problem and a potential fire hazard.. had i not been home who knows what would have happened.

i went and put the fan on a molex adapter.. its not ideal since its now at full speed.. but if the internet shuts off again the fan wont stop.

Really? This issue was reported maybe 2 months ago by me. I don't think there will be an update.

EDIT:
Here you go, this is when I first mentioned this problem. This was back in March!!!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10833820
legendary
Personal text my ass....

Shocked we haven't heard of burnt up miners because of this. I was the first one to report/post about this issue many pages back and it still being discussed. Since I put all my miners on the "always on" molex connections I don't need to worry about any overheating again. I also removed stock fans and use two Noctura Industrial fans which do keep temps in check, even in this 95 degree temps in NJ. Worth the extra money. Those fans have a 6 year warranty and have been superb from day one. They will outlast the miners and then I'll use them in a couple computer builds. All PWM too.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

nice I hope it's fixed, when ever I leave home, i turn off all my S5 .

for the over heat reason .

i ended up just pulling the blue wire on the fan for now.. i can always put it back in when its fixed.
Activity: 224
looks like a lot of network hash is coming online.. seems difficulty is about to go to the moon Sad

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 360863.0 (eta 2.8 days): 46504486469.3 / -2.3% [est.]

going down I did read the blog about KNC and there 16 mm chip it's not suppose to increase hash, if I read it right but save more on Power then anything and be one of the most efficient farms around.

That and the fact that KNC are a bunch of huge liars...
legendary

nice I hope it's fixed, when ever I leave home, i turn off all my S5 .

for the over heat reason .
Activity: 924

legendary
looks like a lot of network hash is coming online.. seems difficulty is about to go to the moon Sad

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 360863.0 (eta 2.8 days): 46504486469.3 / -2.3% [est.]

going down I did read the blog about KNC and there 16 mm chip it's not suppose to increase hash, if I read it right but save more on Power then anything and be one of the most efficient farms around.
legendary

its still working.. i think i got it turned off in time before it damaged itself.
i really dont want to pay to ship it to them, wait weeks, and get mine back because they cant find anything wrong with it.
Activity: 818
Merit: 508

Agreed, i'm still waiting on my replacement.
Activity: 507

legendary

legendary
well 2 silverstone fhp-141's in a push/pull config isnt enough. damn thing is still hot. not as loud though. not enough airflow.  Angry Angry have to underclock to 325 just to get around 60c

you dont have them in quiet mode do you?

try running them off molex so they hit full speed..

the problem with that fan is i think a lot of air will be sent to the outside of the boards.. not down the center like you want.
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
For those interesting in my custom S5 enclosure, I started a thread here with pictures:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-s5-laser-cutter-mods-1086882
Activity: 120
well 2 silverstone fhp-141's in a push/pull config isnt enough. damn thing is still hot. not as loud though. not enough airflow.  Angry Angry have to underclock to 325 just to get around 60c
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
This is a huge high!  Undecided Wondering if it the new KNC or something else.
Pages:
Jump to: