Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 92. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
I have a dead blade on my Antminer S5, which has been running for 2 months then this suddenly happened.  It shows all -'s in the miner status, one blade is cold and there is no red led lit on the blade.  I checked all the connections but it is still doing the same.  Any ideas?

Is it possible to switch between 2 blade to investigate the cause?
Sounds like power problem on dead blade.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
I have a dead blade on my Antminer S5, which has been running for 2 months then this suddenly happened.  It shows all -'s in the miner status, one blade is cold and there is no red led lit on the blade.  I checked all the connections but it is still doing the same.  Any ideas?
did you shut down 100%, disconnect all power, and reset your internet router?
Activity: 142
Merit: 60
Activity: 343
Well my S5 is running stable now thank god. I too had the hashrate nosdive of death which if you read a few posts ago is probably due to them globbing the fuck out of the chips and whatever Ho CHi mihn heatsink paste they use has a hard time spreading out evenly. If you experience the hashrate nosedive of death I recommend running them stock or underclocked slightly to keep the chips warm to burn through the crap they put on there for a few days then go back to stock, then start overclocking. I remember a pic of an S3+ with so much paste is was all over the PCB, ouch!
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Please email [email protected]

Please include the Bitmaintech.com ORDER ID associated with this S5 unit!!!

The process is very simple, a few tests that can be done and screen shots and we should know what parts you would need.  

I'm not really happy with my Ants a lot more bugs/problems than s3.... Undecided

Such as? Don't say shit like this without giving some details.

From about 10 Ants one is with dead controler board, 3 more Ants are not running stable after a few hours the hashrate drops a half and i need to restart the miner..... before S5 i have a lot of S3 Ants - rock solid device if we compare it against S5.

PS : I dont like Bitmain Warranty Support, after a week from my first message.....nothing just "try this" , "try that".....today i try to fix the Ant firmware with bootable sd card but nothing, now i'm waiting for answer whats next. Is there any chance to receive a working controller board from Bitmain or i have to pay again  ?  Wink
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
has anyone try to overclock it above 425 Mhz? i run it on stock fan with temps 53/49 and c the fan at full speed about 3960 rpm and no x on acic chips and about 1375 Hf/s when i try to go above 425 still i have no hardware errors but my hash rate drops at 1200 Gh/s or lower? any explanation for that?? and my s5 looks rock solid having it run for more than 4 days at 425Mhz
P.S. i have allready ordered 2 delta fans  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271775072487?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
I'm not really happy with my Ants a lot more bugs/problems than s3.... Undecided

From about 10 Ants one is with dead controler board, 3 more Ants are not running stable after a few hours the hashrate drops a half and i need to restart the miner..... before S5 i have a lot of S3 Ants - rock solid device if we compare it against S5.

PS : I dont like Bitmain Warranty Support, after a week from my first message.....nothing just "try this" , "try that".....today i try to fix the Ant firmware with bootable sd card but nothing, now i'm waiting for answer whats next. Is there any chance to receive a working controller board from Bitmain or i have to pay again  ?  Wink

If you are in the US, ship it to their Colorado site (pm BitmainWarranty on here).
Activity: 221

PS : I dont like Bitmain Warranty Support, after a week from my first message.....nothing just "try this" , "try that".....today i try to fix the Ant firmware with bootable sd card but nothing, now i'm waiting for answer whats next. Is there any chance to receive a working controller board from Bitmain or i have to pay again  ?  Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Activity: 224
in fact and truth, S3 is much more stable than S5, S3 and 4x I had never had problems restarting, power loss, or other problems such as blade 1 dead, since I switched to 4x S5 began the problems, lama dies, errors very high, not always, a sharp drop in power hash, this time the engineers have done a poor job, which could accommodate believe, then they are also too much noise,

I've got 6 of the S5s now and haven't experienced anything like you're talking about.

The only issues I've had are:
rapid switching on/off westhash/nicehash causes a drop in GH/sec
loss of internet access has caused fan/thermal runaway once
in fact and truth, S3 is much more stable than S5, S3 and 4x I had never had problems restarting, power loss, or other problems such as blade 1 dead, since I switched to 4x S5 began the problems, lama dies, errors very high, not always, a sharp drop in power hash, this time the engineers have done a poor job, which could accommodate believe, then they are also too much noise,
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

Activity: 221
legendary
Activity: 1456
I see that many people have problems with the pcb s5, often go out, and you have to restart 2/3 times a day, I hope bitmain find a solution to this problem, it is suicidal to restart continuously miners Shocked

I actually have done pretty good the past week with mine.  Normally I was going 1 or 2 times a week to reset.  Now Ive went 3/4th of a week without needing to.

Cant say anything caused it just luck, but I hope it keeps going.
I see that many people have problems with the pcb s5, often go out, and you have to restart 2/3 times a day, I hope bitmain find a solution to this problem, it is suicidal to restart continuously miners Shocked
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Today i receive my last order from bitmaintech and i saw that the s5 have some aluminium heatsink's over the chips, my previous ants dont have.

ps : Is there somebody tried to fix antminer s5 controller board with sd card ? One of my machines just stopped working, the miner cant get IP and i cant found/access the miner. I try to reset it several times but no success at all.....

On the front of the machine there should be a factory defaults reset switch just to the right of the red and green status lights where the fan side is. You power up the miner and hold it down for say a minute, maybe 30 secs. Then shut the miner off and find the ip of the miner on your router. Give it a shot.

I find a 90 second depression of the reset dependable.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I think this batch of 5 antminer s5 have problems, too many issues fall of power, I send to my pcb in serbia I paid $ 50, usually when a user sends in security should not pay anything, RMA exists for this, all payable by the seller, not the buyer

My 2 kg shipment to Serbia  costs me less than 30 euros.

Why do not you use a cheaper service?

http://www.posteitaliane.post/english/index.shtml

I think this batch of 5 antminer s5 have problems, too many issues fall of power, I send to my pcb in serbia I paid $ 50, usually when a user sends in security should not pay anything, RMA exists for this, all payable by the seller, not the buyer
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
If someone can find a fan adapter that lets you still use the PWM feature and power it from the PSU that's what I'm looking for. Even if it's just one single cable with a 4 pin molex connector on it. I've been searching online and can't find such product. Lacking search skills these days.

why dont you just make it?
the red and black go on molex the yellow and blue on the fan header.

but that woudlnt really fix the issue, the fan would still shut down if the board told it to..

what you want is a 2nd computer controlled fan pwm board that has temp sensors.. i dont know if such a thing exists.. im sure you can build one, but i bet it would cost more then its worth.

My bad for bringing that insane option up. The whole idea is TO AWAY from the controller board where the problem lies and ditch PWM. Throw on a couple Noctura IPCC 3000's on each side powered directly from the PSU and I have my 58-60c constant. Now I don't have to worry if that issue comes back where it will disconnect and stop mining but the heat will just keep increasing. I've eliminated that with attaching the fans to the PSU directly. Don't need PWM, they were always at 2700 or so anyway. 6 year warranty on those fans, they may as well get their time in the light.

i bet you can get away with adding a 2nd 120x38mm fan and run them both at 50%.

all you would need to do is put the 12v on red and ground on black on the molex with a resistor on the pwm that has 2v-2.5v from the 5v line on the molex. no controller needed.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
If someone can find a fan adapter that lets you still use the PWM feature and power it from the PSU that's what I'm looking for. Even if it's just one single cable with a 4 pin molex connector on it. I've been searching online and can't find such product. Lacking search skills these days.

why dont you just make it?
the red and black go on molex the yellow and blue on the fan header.

but that woudlnt really fix the issue, the fan would still shut down if the board told it to..

what you want is a 2nd computer controlled fan pwm board that has temp sensors.. i dont know if such a thing exists.. im sure you can build one, but i bet it would cost more then its worth.

My bad for bringing that insane option up. The whole idea is TO AWAY from the controller board where the problem lies and ditch PWM. Throw on a couple Noctura IPCC 3000's on each side powered directly from the PSU and I have my 58-60c constant. Now I don't have to worry if that issue comes back where it will disconnect and stop mining but the heat will just keep increasing. I've eliminated that with attaching the fans to the PSU directly. Don't need PWM, they were always at 2700 or so anyway. 6 year warranty on those fans, they may as well get their time in the light.
Pages:
Jump to: