Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 94. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 343
Merit: 100
Lately this S5 has been dropping in hash rate.  Has anyone else been having this issue?  It's getting annoying now.  Especially when it decides to go south when the pool finds a block.

I have this too. Sometimes runs days, sometimes half an hour. No XXXXXXX's or anything it's like one of the boards just doesn't want to hash, however the temps are the same. I had an S3+ that did this and it was so long ago I can't  remember what I did to fix it but I believe I downgraded the firmware. THis unit did it from day one at stock speeds so I downloaded the latest firmware and it obviously isn't fixed yet. Reboot fixes it everytime.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
If someone can find a fan adapter that lets you still use the PWM feature and power it from the PSU that's what I'm looking for. Even if it's just one single cable with a 4 pin molex connector on it. I've been searching online and can't find such product. Lacking search skills these days.

3 pin fan controller,using 5 volt only:

http://www.amazon.com/Manual-Variable-Speed-controller-connector/dp/B002PNFEM4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1430181863&sr=8-3&keywords=4+pin+fan+controller

I think this is 3 pin only,pic is hard to tell,12 volt:

http://www.xoxide.com/sunbeam-rheosmart-pci-fan-controller.html
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
If someone can find a fan adapter that lets you still use the PWM feature and power it from the PSU that's what I'm looking for. Even if it's just one single cable with a 4 pin molex connector on it. I've been searching online and can't find such product. Lacking search skills these days.

why dont you just make it?
the red and black go on molex the yellow and blue on the fan header.

but that woudlnt really fix the issue, the fan would still shut down if the board told it to..

what you want is a 2nd computer controlled fan pwm board that has temp sensors.. i dont know if such a thing exists.. im sure you can build one, but i bet it would cost more then its worth.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078

I am not sure that this is even possible as you described it. S5 controller is what uses PWM feature.
If you power the fan directly from PSU, you are bypassing the controller, hence a constant (maximum) speed.
The only thing that can mimic PWM is a voltage controller, whereas you supply less than 12 v to the fan, like the one below or something similar:
http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Fan-Speed-Controller-FANMATE-2/dp/B000292DO0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1430179287&sr=8-4&keywords=fan+voltage+controller.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....

legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
Can we not forget about the run away heating with the fans slowing down? We've had about 10 confirmations that this happens and actually a couple users can replicate this issue at will. Best solution of course is to have Bitmain itself resolve the issue in the software but the best ALTERNATIVE is "thedreamers" solution to hook up fans directly to the PSU and not caring about PWM or anything. Just run the fan(s) at %100. I'd rather have a little noise and dusty fans then blown miners.
Activity: 126
oh true https works for me too
Activity: 190
For me, http://bitmaintech.com is down,
but https://bitmaintech.com is up.
The redirection from http to https does not work.
Activity: 126
site doesnt work for me for about a week already
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Please try clearing your Chache on the browser may be?

legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
Site is up now!   Cheesy

is bitmain's web site down?

isitdown.com and downforeveryoneorjustme.com both say that bitmaintech.com is down
maybe it depends on provider or US location?

It is working for me . Optimum

NJ, USA
legendary
Site is up now!   Cheesy

isitdown.com and downforeveryoneorjustme.com both say that bitmaintech.com is down
maybe it depends on provider or US location? I have comcast in TX
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
legendary
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Lately this S5 has been dropping in hash rate.  Has anyone else been having this issue?  It's getting annoying now.  Especially when it decides to go south when the pool finds a block.

re flash the firmware to defaults and only use bitmians firmware, i have had the same issue with there older firmware and with smits firmware but only with one of my S5 , the latest firmware that was released the other day seems to work so far  and the only one  that seems to keep it working . but in my case it is out of Warr i think its the controller because when i put it on another S5 i have the same issue on the  S5 i just put that  controller on but all this happen after my warr went up.I did not ask bitmain yet if they would sell me a new one, not even sure if they will .
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
exact, the blade goes off every hour, however, and faulty factory.

but I have a doubt, as I have reversed the blades and the problem is the same, what it depends on? the two blades are defective? or even the controller? I have too much confusion in the head Cry Cry

I had that problem with a couple of S5s in the past. I ended up sending them back to Colorado and Bitmain quickly sent me replacement units (props to Bitmainwarranty).
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

but I have a doubt, as I have reversed the blades and the problem is the same, what it depends on? the two blades are defective? or even the controller? I have too much confusion in the head Cry Cry

Try switching ribbon cables and see what happens.

Activity: 798

soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
I remember more clearly now.  The paperclip fix to get a computer power supply up and running may have had this glitch - the current ramp up from a cold start was okay - but if the power supply was shut off and on again in a short period of time there could be a current surge driving the voltage up blowing caps - if the current ramp up was dictated by a fixed current charging a capacitor, giving a linear ramp, and the capacitor doesn't properly discharge on turn-off if the motherboard isn't in place, but that adapter with a fixed jumper and fixed resistor works allowing discharge on turn-off.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
For the past couple of days now, Slush shows a drop in hash rate.  I get my email notifications letting me know it dropped.  Interesting.  I'll have to start my investigation.

What the verdict on this latest firmware?

I have been happy with original firmware.  I'm running a batch 1 with original firmware.  Unless I have major trouble I doubt I update it.

When something works I don't mess with it Smiley.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it  Cheesy All of my batch 1's are still going strong with original firmware too.
Pages:
Jump to: