Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5+ is available to order, 7.722TH/S 0.445J/GH - page 4. (Read 40038 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
I have been running mine with 50% fan at 325.  This keeps them cool enough; and uses less power.  Maybe running the fans at 100% is not a good idea unless your ambient temps are very high.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
mine is 1.4 aswell and I'm using the bitmaintech 1600w psu's aswell
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
I also have a good unit that has worked without issue.  It would have been nice to get more than 6x coupons for beta testing their design immediately before S7 release, but it's better than nothing. 

Fellow S5+ owners what sub model do you have? Perhaps we can identify which sub models are good or are likely to have specific problems by comparing our numbers.

Mine is:

V1.4
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Has anyone else had an extremely hard time with bitmain support and their s5+?

I received my S5+ with a defective hash card, temp was ambient and it was not hashing. Email bitmain support they give me a prepaid UPS label and i ship it back to them. A MONTH later i get my hash card back (same serial) so they did a repair and 2 weeks later it stopped hashing again. So again i email bitmain and now they say i have to pay for shipping back to them and be without a hash card for another month and they refuse to cross ship me a new hashboard ( by this i mean send me a new one and i send the old one back at the same time)

I have gonna buy 10 S7's but after this i have little confidence in the company.

Huh Huh Huh Huh

Yes. From my 3 x S5+ at the moment  6 board are in china or in journey to China or back.

At first, bitmain refused send UPS shipping label to DOA arrived S5+ . So I paid 120 euro for 2 x shipping. After that I got two blades, which from one had already come out the radiator.
I got  shipping label from bitmain , to send it back and yesterday I sent another 4 blades to china.

I paid a total of more than 200 euro from shipping S5+ blades. Total've sent 6 blades from DOA arrived miner.

Naturally, it affected my S7 purchases. Instead 20x S7 , I bought only four. Even though two of them have not yet been sent, because I paid with USD.

See also this   http://www.cybtc.com/article-1921-1.html

I guess I am lucky.  I still have not had any problems.   I am using the bitmain PSU's it that what everyone else is using to?

Mine is still hashing away though in my thread I showed like 24 day's of hashing without any issues.   So seems it's hit and miss on good unit.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

I received my S5+ with a defective hash card, temp was ambient and it was not hashing. Email bitmain support they give me a prepaid UPS label and i ship it back to them. A MONTH later i get my hash card back (same serial) so they did a repair and 2 weeks later it stopped hashing again. So again i email bitmain and now they say i have to pay for shipping back to them and be without a hash card for another month and they refuse to cross ship me a new hashboard ( by this i mean send me a new one and i send the old one back at the same time)

I have gonna buy 10 S7's but after this i have little confidence in the company.

Huh Huh Huh Huh

Yes. From my 3 x S5+ at the moment  6 board are in china or in journey to China or back.

At first, bitmain refused send UPS shipping label to DOA arrived S5+ . So I paid 120 euro for 2 x shipping. After that I got two blades, which from one had already come out the radiator.
I got  shipping label from bitmain , to send it back and yesterday I sent another 4 blades to china.

I paid a total of more than 200 euro from shipping S5+ blades. Total've sent 6 blades from DOA arrived miner.

Naturally, it affected my S7 purchases. Instead 20x S7 , I bought only four. Even though two of them have not yet been sent, because I paid with USD.

See also this   http://www.cybtc.com/article-1921-1.html
Activity: 72

Huh Huh Huh Huh
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Just received my new beaglebone ... i'm having 4 green light and 1 red on the daughter board .. still no power on the beaglebone ...

anyone has a troubleshoot HOWTO on the daughter board ?

Hard to believe I have receive a DNA from Bitmain :/

They have not really released any documentation that I know of that would help on troubleshooting on the daughter board.  I hate to say it... but I think you will need to ask them for help again :/

I am suprised they shipped DNA.  Makes me wonder if they were wrong originally on their guess of what was not working.

I told them i have 4 four green lights (D1 to D4) plus a red one at D5 on the daughter board.

Fan running slow...

I would be surprise the BBB is DNA too.

That is pretty specific seems like that would help them on finding it.  Sadly you will have to contact them, you cant do much of anything now without ruining warranty.

To bad they don't compensate for downtime.    You might ask nicely for them to ship next part out without you having to ship parts back to make it faster, not sure if they will do it.  They might want to look at entire thing after it all, which would suck.

My bad i posted this in the S5+ section and it's for a S5. ! Sorry guys Sad

Notlist3d thanks for your feedback men, appreciated !
legendary
Just received my new beaglebone ... i'm having 4 green light and 1 red on the daughter board .. still no power on the beaglebone ...

They have not really released any documentation that I know of that would help on troubleshooting on the daughter board.  I hate to say it... but I think you will need to ask them for help again :/

I am suprised they shipped DNA.  Makes me wonder if they were wrong originally on their guess of what was not working.

I told them i have 4 four green lights (D1 to D4) plus a red one at D5 on the daughter board.

Fan running slow...

That is pretty specific seems like that would help them on finding it.  Sadly you will have to contact them, you cant do much of anything now without ruining warranty.

To bad they don't compensate for downtime.    You might ask nicely for them to ship next part out without you having to ship parts back to make it faster, not sure if they will do it.  They might want to look at entire thing after it all, which would suck.
legendary

Fan running slow...

legendary

They have not really released any documentation that I know of that would help on troubleshooting on the daughter board.  I hate to say it... but I think you will need to ask them for help again :/

I am suprised they shipped DNA.  Makes me wonder if they were wrong originally on their guess of what was not working.
legendary

Activity: 41
the more complicated, the more complex, will result in a machine prone to more defects....
lucky notlist3d! Grin

I did get lucky mine is still working great.   Sadly power company did a upgrade and I lost electricity during it, turns out they like to work on wires that are not live Smiley.  But if was not for that I would have hit 30 day mark of working and not having to change anything.  I think 24 day's was highest I got on getting pictures of it.

And Ferol is right about fixing these.   If you do anything even fan mod you kill your warranty now day's.  So make sure you get bitmains permission before trying to fix it.

Yeah, I’m about to send the damaged units back to China, I just wanted to know what kind of thermal paste/glue did they use, its a limited time warranty. I feel very disappointed about these units and the glued heatsink design; they just wanted to get rid of the remaining chips before releasing the S7 model…
legendary
the more complicated, the more complex, will result in a machine prone to more defects....
lucky notlist3d! Grin

I did get lucky mine is still working great.   Sadly power company did a upgrade and I lost electricity during it, turns out they like to work on wires that are not live Smiley.  But if was not for that I would have hit 30 day mark of working and not having to change anything.  I think 24 day's was highest I got on getting pictures of it.

And Ferol is right about fixing these.   If you do anything even fan mod you kill your warranty now day's.  So make sure you get bitmains permission before trying to fix it.
legendary
Hi guys! Does anyone know what is the model of the adhesive thermal paste Bitmain use to stick the heatsinks? I want to see if the heatsinks are dropping because of the heat. Bitmain states that the miners can work in ambient temperatures of up to 40 ºC and the highest temp they might have had is 28 ºC (room temp), and still, I found 4 boards with heatsinks dropped…

Do not fix it yourself. Send it back to bitmain.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
lucky notlist3d! Grin
You do not lose the entire blade every time.  Depends on how the chip was lost or what chip were lost, it could be a total loss, but not because you lost one chip doesn't make it automatically lose the whole hashing PCB.  Yes it can be but based on your Miner Status Page, you did not lose the whole hash PCB.

From my 3 x S5+ working normaly only one, as it should be mine.

Last miner was with broken fan.  and it turned out that there was a not working blade.

I took the fan from another S5+ and  A broken fan-sided last blade  is  broken.

At first it was only 1 missing ASIC , like the the second miner.

So I already know that a single ASIC loss may be the loss of the entire blade.

Therefore, I paid 7500 USD and got
one just [non]broken miner, that can immediately break one blade  
one just broken with transport ,
and  one 100% working miner.

All they had mined for at least a month, if not more, before selling

I am also having only 1 out of 3 S5+ working perfectly... I have got another 5 antminers, I started having troubles with these units. I really regret my decision of buying these S5+´s…
Hi guys! Does anyone know what is the model of the adhesive thermal paste Bitmain use to stick the heatsinks? I want to see if the heatsinks are dropping because of the heat. Bitmain states that the miners can work in ambient temperatures of up to 40 ºC and the highest temp they might have had is 28 ºC (room temp), and still, I found 4 boards with heatsinks dropped…
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
That sound pretty tasty.

Do you have a picture of of Frankenstein (2xS5 + 2xS5+ Blades)? I'm curious as to how you place the boards to other heatsinks so that they get cooled.

No pictures.
My  setup work in the S5+ housing with  2x S5+   fans.  Total 3x S5+  blades. One runs with separate S5 controller.

2 other S5+ blades are connected with self-made long S5 data cables to normal S5 miner controller.

S5 cable is only 8cm
and S5+ data cable is 16cm long.
My self-made long data cables is 22 cm long.

I see, i only have S1 housings. But maybe you could sell those blades as an upgrade kit Smiley

If you werent in the europe this could have been interesting for me.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
frankenstein s5+++ Shocked
 Grin

nice work!
legendary
That sound pretty tasty.

Do you have a picture of of Frankenstein (2xS5 + 2xS5+ Blades)? I'm curious as to how you place the boards to other heatsinks so that they get cooled.

No pictures.
My  setup work in the S5+ housing with  2x S5+   fans.  Total 3x S5+  blades. One runs with separate S5 controller.

2 other S5+ blades are connected with self-made long S5 data cables to normal S5 miner controller.

S5 cable is only 8cm
and S5+ data cable is 16cm long.
My self-made long data cables is 22 cm long.

Pages:
Jump to: