Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 113. (Read 527798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
The correct HTC for miners should be:

Which is:

Automatic data processing machines and units thereof; magnetic or optical readers, machines for transcribing data onto data media in coded form and machines for processing such data, not elsewhere specified or included.

Comprising in the same housing at least a central processing unit and an input and output unit, whether or not combined.

Other

Also not dutiable, but that doesn't mean that they wont take it up front, and dealing with UPS' post entry department makes SCOTUS decisions look rapid.

That's what I was telling my wife.  It better describes it.  I was also wondering why they had it under 8523.51.00 because it's so vague.

Thank you!!!
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Can anyone else who received shipments via UPS from China provide the "Duty Class" number UPS provided in an envelope mailed to you?  I could use it during my dispute with customs.

I just so happen to have one right here from the last couple I've got to pay fees on, and they're 8542.31.0000, listed the same "BITCOIN MINER".  I only got 3 in this shipment, and the fees were $32 ($7 Disbursement fee and $25 Merchandise Processing Fee).

Thank you!!
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
The correct HTC for miners should be:

Which is:

Automatic data processing machines and units thereof; magnetic or optical readers, machines for transcribing data onto data media in coded form and machines for processing such data, not elsewhere specified or included.

Comprising in the same housing at least a central processing unit and an input and output unit, whether or not combined.

Other

Also not dutiable, but that doesn't mean that they wont take it up front, and dealing with UPS' post entry department makes SCOTUS decisions look rapid.
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
Can anyone else who received shipments via UPS from China provide the "Duty Class" number UPS provided in an envelope mailed to you?  I could use it during my dispute with customs.

I just so happen to have one right here from the last couple I've got to pay fees on, and they're 8542.31.0000, listed the same "BITCOIN MINER".  I only got 3 in this shipment, and the fees were $32 ($7 Disbursement fee and $25 Merchandise Processing Fee).
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Here is a previous shipment of 9 x S7's with the Duty Class Code Number: 8523.51.00 Semiconductor media: Solid-state non-volatile storage devices....................... No............. Free  Which see:

Here is a copy of the bill from UPS on that shipment of 9 x S7's with the classification of 8523.51.00.  Notice there was no "Duty Amount" because it was FREE on this shipment.

Here is the code number and what it represents:

This time they want to charge me 2.6% under classification 8543.70.9650:

Which see:

The whole damn thing just pisses me off.  I think someone in customs that day saw "BITCOIN MINER" and was like, "What the hell is that?"  I'll just label it under "Other" and charge 2.6%.

You can bet your ass I'm disputing this with customs.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I say pay it, but then dispute it at the customs agency if you think you shouldnt be paying it.  i mean, could be worse, i have a 330$cad bill for just ONE (canada).  disputing it, but we shall see what that does...

Yes, I'm paying it to avoid the 6% late fee for every 2 weeks it's late.  However, I'm most certainly disputing it.

Ok, so it is ~$38.5/unit.
Any reasoning on their part for this? Brokerage fees?
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I say pay it, but then dispute it at the customs agency if you think you shouldnt be paying it.  i mean, could be worse, i have a 330$cad bill for just ONE (canada).  disputing it, but we shall see what that does...

Yes, I'm paying it to avoid the 6% late fee for every 2 weeks it's late.  However, I'm most certainly disputing it.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

im confused. why did you get this bill? when i ordered my S5's i dindt get a bill like this....are you in the USA?

Yes, I'm in the USA.  I live in Alabama.

EDIT:  I added another screenshot above with another page of details.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
This pisses me off...

I got a bill in today from UPS for $889.63 for the 23 x S7's batch 8 I received on December 22, 2015.  It would have been nice to know this before my purchase.  I'm not using UPS to ship from China anymore.  No consistency at all.  I've had a $17,000+ purchase, $9,000+ purchase and $7,500+ purchase from China using UPS before and never had anything but brokerage charge ranging from $39 to $69.  This time it's $890.00.  This sucks!  I can still pay it no problem.  It's just not appreciated when it comes as a complete surprise.

im confused. why did you get this bill? when i ordered my S5's i dindt get a bill like this....are you in the USA?
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
This pisses me off...

I got a bill in today from UPS for $889.63 for the 23 x S7's batch 8 I received on December 22, 2015.  It would have been nice to know this before my purchase.  I'm not using UPS to ship from China anymore.  No consistency at all.  I've had a $17,000+ purchase, $9,000+ purchase and $7,500+ purchase from China using UPS before and never had anything but brokerage charge ranging from $39 to $69.  This time it's $890.00.  This sucks!  I can still pay it no problem.  It's just not appreciated when it comes as a complete surprise.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Hi everyone,

I just thought I would let you know that HomeDepot is having a great deal on the best metal rack in the business.  It has 3 support braces per shelf.  The deal is good up until January 31, 2016 or until supplies last.  Amazon has it for $311.00.  Sam's Club has it for $249.00.  HomeDepot is selling it for $169.99 plus tax.  If you have it shipped to a local store and pick it up there yourself, you will have no cost for shipping.  It will cost you to have it shipped to your house.  Here's the link:  http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gladiator-4-Shelf-73-in-H-x-77-in-W-x-24-in-D-Welded-Steel-Garage-Shelving-Unit-GARS774SZG/204280487
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
which cable you use to power psu psu
I'm interested in a section of cable at least 1.5 mm
or 2.5 mm
psu to power of bitmain
I have are 0.75mm
and it seems too small section Cry

the power cable from the wall socket to the psu needs to be 17awg if you use  240 volts

1 moment I will find the number in mm

http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/wire/awg-to-mm.htm

1.2908 mm = 16 awg = very good for 1 bitmain psu

1.1495 mm = 17 awg =  good for 1 bitmain psu

1.0237 mm = 18 awg = maybe for 1 bitmain psu

0.9116 mm = 19 awg =  bad for 1 bitmain psu  

so do not use a .75mm cable  find a 1.15

The sneaky referral link from another  forum member  was pulled and about 5 posts are gone.

my info above is accurate so please do not  use anything smaller then the 1.1495 mm = 17 awg .
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Did anyone receive the "late shipping compensation" yet?

No. Nothing has happened since they emailed on December 28th asking for a receive address for the compensation.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
which cable you use to power psu psu
I'm interested in a section of cable at least 1.5 mm
or 2.5 mm
psu to power of bitmain
I have are 0.75mm
and it seems too small section Cry
I need you to feed the cable psu of bitmain
legendary
Merit: 1068
does anyone know what it's called the connector that is being put to the psu?
because I do not trust the traditional cord of the classic psu supplied
I think they are small 0.75mm

You mean the power cord for the PSU or the PCI-e cable you use to connect into the miners? You'll want 16 AWG for the PCI-e and probably a short 12AWG for the PSU.
does anyone know what it's called the connector that is being put to the psu?
because I do not trust the traditional cord of the classic psu supplied
I think they are small 0.75mm
legendary
Merit: 1068
That's the main thing I'm referring to... during the warmer wether.  I had to under clock 4 x S7's batch 8 last week with it 72 to 75 degrees outside because they were getting close to 80 Celcius.  It's not issue when it's in the low 50's or below outside.

Ah i see. Maybe the heat there accumulate? I'm just comparing to my S5's, when the fan was full speed and it was 30C+ outside, which is... 86F+, they were running fine if i was dumping the air strait outside so that the ambiant does not accumulate.

However i needed the fan running full blast to keep the temps in the low 60s.

Having the S7 get close to 80c at lower temp is a bit scary to be honest. I hope mine wont run that hot.
Jump to: