Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 108. (Read 527798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

I have some eBay bucks which makes it a really good deal. Like droid said, seller may be trying to cash out his coins.

It's rapidly falling into the if it looks to good to be true category......

The going price for an S7 on ebay in the UK is £1600+ these would be £700. If it was right I would buy several, and as soon as I start thinking that I know it's not right..... Also add looks very much like this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-Antminer-S7-4-73T-Bitcoin-miner-4730GH-BTC-Mining-machine-28nm-BM1385-/262197433706?hash=item3d0c2f556a:g:CWEAAOSwhkRWc4A8

I will ask a couple of questions anyway

Rich

he probably just copied the description and hit sell similar link to sell his units.. ive done that in the past when im too lazy to fill out specs and stuff myself
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Some one is selling S7 (probably B9) below retail on eBay. Did anybody have any transaction with this seller before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-s7-/141869289585?hash=item2108119071:g:JDQAAOSwoydWi4xy

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:
Estimated between Wed. Jan. 20 and Fri. Jan. 22
Includes 10 business days handling time after receipt of cleared payment.
Please allow additional time if international delivery is subject to customs processing.

So its a pre-order. The price is pretty close to B9, but if you get B9 in bulk order or coupon, it would be possibly much cheaper. Not sure about ebay's cut.

Anyways you're protected by the ebay buyer protection thing, but that does not mean its going to be hassle free.

this guy is losing money.. ebay takes 10% and paypal takes like 2 or 4%

unless he ordered a crap ton using coupons for all of them and bulk discount hes probably breaking even at that point

maybe just a way for him to convert his coins to fiat easily

He obviously has done a bulk purchase, says 23 sold in 24Hrs & still more than 10 Available. Something does not quite add up as he is based in France & must have to pay VAT, so the price seems too good?

Interesting to me, based in the UK, as if it's legit it's way cheaper than I can get an S7 with VAT & other charges. I will ask a couple of questions and see what I get back?

Rich

Pure SCAM.

The VAT number doesn't seem to be real. (checked on VIES, official EU VAT validation site)
The company registering number belongs to another company. (checked on french website www.avis-situation-sirene.insee.fr/)
Phone and fax number belongs to another company (not the same as the registering number neither)
The name and address given are belonging to a company, but not with those registering number and VAT number.
http://www.societe.com/societe/monsieur-guillaume-wysocki-442341178.html
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

I have some eBay bucks which makes it a really good deal. Like droid said, seller may be trying to cash out his coins.

It's rapidly falling into the if it looks to good to be true category......

The going price for an S7 on ebay in the UK is £1600+ these would be £700. If it was right I would buy several, and as soon as I start thinking that I know it's not right..... Also add looks very much like this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-Antminer-S7-4-73T-Bitcoin-miner-4730GH-BTC-Mining-machine-28nm-BM1385-/262197433706?hash=item3d0c2f556a:g:CWEAAOSwhkRWc4A8

I will ask a couple of questions anyway

Rich
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Some one is selling S7 (probably B9) below retail on eBay. Did anybody have any transaction with this seller before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-s7-/141869289585?hash=item2108119071:g:JDQAAOSwoydWi4xy

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:
Please allow additional time if international delivery is subject to customs processing.

So its a pre-order. The price is pretty close to B9, but if you get B9 in bulk order or coupon, it would be possibly much cheaper. Not sure about ebay's cut.

Anyways you're protected by the ebay buyer protection thing, but that does not mean its going to be hassle free.

unless he ordered a crap ton using coupons for all of them and bulk discount hes probably breaking even at that point

He obviously has done a bulk purchase, says 23 sold in 24Hrs & still more than 10 Available. Something does not quite add up as he is based in France & must have to pay VAT, so the price seems too good?

Interesting to me, based in the UK, as if it's legit it's way cheaper than I can get an S7 with VAT & other charges. I will ask a couple of questions and see what I get back?

Rich

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:

I just went to an S7 and had a look at the Control board [Which consists of the BB board and IO (daughter) board].  I see this now.  I prefer to be able to purchase both and not just one.  I want extras for the future in case of failure.

Worth remembering that you can plug and run 2 x S7 (6 Hash Boards) off a single controller, so worth owning a set of longer cables to enable an easy plug up in the event of a failure.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

Hmm, well, i dont know.

Delivery:

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

legendary
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

That's what I'm trying to get at...

I have no idea why bitmain would sell this.  This sounds like only PART of a Control Board [BB board without the IO].  WHY would they sell this?  What is there for us to gain by purchasing this?  Anyone?

Here is a picture of the disassembled BB & IO Boards, as you can see the BB plugs into the IO as do the Hash Board cables, Fans and Power. I assume that Bitmain would sell IO Boards?

LOL...

I just went to an S7 and had a look at the Control board [Which consists of the BB board and IO (daughter) board].  I see this now.  I prefer to be able to purchase both and not just one.  I want extras for the future in case of failure.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

I have no idea why bitmain would sell this.  This sounds like only PART of a Control Board [BB board without the IO].  WHY would they sell this?  What is there for us to gain by purchasing this?  Anyone?

Here is a picture of the disassembled BB & IO Boards, as you can see the BB plugs into the IO as do the Hash Board cables, Fans and Power. I assume that Bitmain would sell IO Boards?

I managed to buy one IO board from the US bitmain for an S5.

They had only one tho.

I wish they would do some small batches but I guess it's the cost of the FGPA that stop them from doing it.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

The BB tend to crap out regularly. Which means if you still have a working Daughter board you can just swap out the BBB and the SD card and it might start working again.

I'm going to have a look at the control board now on an S7.  Sounds like I'm about to learn something else.
legendary
Merit: 1068
So when bitmain says, "IO board not included," I'm trying to figure out what this is?  Is this "IO" something else I need to purchase separately to get the BB Board to work with my rigs?  IF so, any idea of what it looks like or where I can get one?  It doesn't make sense to me for bitmain to sell a BB board if there is no means of connecting it to the rigs.  I'm at a loss here cause I'm totally ignorant of this and trying to learn.  Will the BB board simply connect to the controller on the rigs [which is connected to the blades and fans] or will the BB board actually need this daughter board that will connect to the blades and the fans?

OK missed that. IO (Input Output) Board is what I have been calling the Interface Board. Your rigs will all have both an IO & BB Board fitted. Why are you wanting to purchase additional BB / IO Boards?

Rich

The BB tend to crap out regularly. Which means if you still have a working Daughter board you can just swap out the BBB and the SD card and it might start working again.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
So when bitmain says, "IO board not included," I'm trying to figure out what this is?  Is this "IO" something else I need to purchase separately to get the BB Board to work with my rigs?  IF so, any idea of what it looks like or where I can get one?  It doesn't make sense to me for bitmain to sell a BB board if there is no means of connecting it to the rigs.  I'm at a loss here cause I'm totally ignorant of this and trying to learn.  Will the BB board simply connect to the controller on the rigs [which is connected to the blades and fans] or will the BB board actually need this daughter board that will connect to the blades and the fans?

OK missed that. IO (Input Output) Board is what I have been calling the Interface Board. Your rigs will all have both an IO & BB Board fitted. Why are you wanting to purchase additional BB / IO Boards?

Rich

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I have 20 S7 batch 8 they run with the old firmware should i upgrade them to the last firmware?

not broken dont fix it

im sure many will say the same.

Unfortunately Bitmain give no indication as to the changes / improvements in the firmware, so unless you have a problem then I am in the stay as you are camp.

Rich

Even if they give a indication unless it's a big feature or big flaw I just keep going.  Ever since I bricked a S3 I have not done the do every update method.  I lam on the cautious side.

So if your miner is doing good... there is no reason to update.  And if there was a big reason I'm sure we would read about it in forum.

Rich
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

When you say, "This then plugs into a Bitmain propriety interface board ( Called it a Daughter Board, but probably better named as an Interface Board)..." Is this the "Controller," or is this something else that has to be purchased separate?  If this is something else to be purchased separately, any idea what that something is?

I think "The Controller" is normally thought of as the combination of the two as they are both needed to Control the Miner. The BB is common between the S4, S4+, S5,S5+,S7 however the "Interface Board" is different for most of the systems. There is however some commonality to the Interface Boards in that the early S7 used the same board as the S5+.

So yes for a complete Controller you need both. Not sure what the Bitmain name for the Interface Board is?

Rich

When you say, "This then plugs into a Bitmain propriety interface board ( Called it a Daughter Board, but probably better named as an Interface Board)..." Is this the "Controller," or is this something else that has to be purchased separate?  If this is something else to be purchased separately, any idea what that something is?

I think "The Controller" is normally thought of as the combination of the two as they are both needed to Control the Miner. The BB is common between the S4, S4+, S5,S5+,S7 however the "Interface Board" is different for most of the systems. There is however some commonality to the Interface Boards in that the early S7 used the same board as the S5+.

So yes for a complete Controller you need both. Not sure what the Bitmain name for the Interface Board is?

Rich
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
The BB board is a cut down version of the standard off the shelf ARM Processor based board, doing the same job as the Rasberry used in other systems.

http://www.amazon.com/BeagleBone-Black-Single-Computer-Development/dp/B00LC1924G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1452013644&sr=8-2&keywords=beagle+bone+black

Thanks for the link.

This then plugs into a Bitmain propriety interface board ( Called it a Daughter Board, but probably better named as an Interface Board) which has additional components to interface to the Hash Boards via the cables that you have also linked to, and also the Fans etc. Probably does more than just interfacing, but that is beyond my knowledge...

Rich

When you say, "This then plugs into a Bitmain propriety interface board ( Called it a Daughter Board, but probably better named as an Interface Board)..." Is this the "Controller," or is this something else that has to be purchased separate?  If this is something else to be purchased separately, any idea what that something is?
Jump to: