Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 110. (Read 527798 times)

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Received my shipment confirmation for 1 batch 9 today.  Purchased the B9 before the price drop so I received an e-mail letting me know that they would be shipping my B9 out on 04 January, earlier than the 20 Jan. date.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Bitmain,

Do you have a recommendation for fan speed?  

Does "no setting" equal Automatic?  

Does the December Firmware accommodate automatic adjustments of the fan to compensate for internet loss?

Should we set to 100% / 75% / 50%?

this is a good question.  But 100% would be the wrong answer.

once you go to 60% on manual you are near 4000 rpm   and at 100 %  you max at 4400 rpm

you don't want to kill off the fan.

and the cooling power at 4000 rpm is very close to the cooling power of 4400 rpm.

It would be nice for bitmaintech to make a statement on this.

The newest batch 8  runs hot so set the fan at 75%   about 4100 rpm then  check the units temps if at 65c or more lower the ambient temps.

If you can not lower the ambient temp, clock freq  lower until the gear reads 65c or so.

I would stand by the statement above ,but I am only Phil a guy from New Jersey, USA not bitmaintech a big company in China.

Translation a statement from bitmaintech would be helpful since batch 8 has a high clock to start.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Bitmain,

Do you have a recommendation for fan speed? 

Does "no setting" equal Automatic? 

Does the December Firmware accommodate automatic adjustments of the fan to compensate for internet loss?

Should we set to 100% / 75% / 50%?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Re-sharing summary building my S7 mini farm:

I have 4 x B8s in my small farm, they are running but running hot +10c compared to other batches 600mhz.

1. all 7 x S7s are patched with Dec11 FW on 1st Jan 2016.
2. the irritating whoooooo sound has gone away in the last 2 x B8 ordered in mid-Dec (but they are running high temp 68-72c at fans 100%)
3. the whoooo sound in the other earlier 2 x B8 was rectified at 54% fan ratio with acceptable temp ~ 60-65c
4. the rest of the S7s are 600mhz variants, running 55% fan speed (to eliminate the whoooo sound) with 55-65c temps
5. All my S7s are VERTICALLY mounted - stock fans blowing upwards - with 2 box fans running at medium from below the rack.
6. HWE% are very small and I am satisfied with the hashing rate and quite stable to my liking.
7. All fans are stock with no mods.
8. My electrical setup was recently upgraded and all S7s are with dedicated points at 10amp/240v per point. I now have my own separate 120A/240v power distribution board for the miners.
9. The PSU power cord are all standardized with 1.5mm 13AMP/250v BS1363.
10. Each of the S7 are powered by the stock 1600w PSU from BMT with no mods.
11. All the above hashing power (33TH+) goes to kano.is since early Dec.
12. 5 x S7s were bought directly from BMT and shipped by DHL. No shipping issues.

That's my setup and journey so far, thanks to the many tips and guidance from this forum.

Although I don't have any bad units from BMT (fingers crossed), I feel for the rest because the miners are quite an investment. Hang on in there and keep sharing so that we could collectively help each other....

don't run the fans at 100%  run them at 75% and down clock the freq.  not a lot just so the temps go to 65c

running the fans at 100% does not good.  running at 75% your rpms drop a little from 4400 rpm to 4100 rpm

you hardly lose any cooling power and you save power on the fans at they get very wasteful power wise from 75% to 100%.

the freq would need drop to 693 or 687.

This is just for the two hot batch 8's  your net earnings will still be close to the same.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I would be interested in another 'heater' for the winter but the S7 is still too costly at 2.5 btc.

I would be very interested in a miner that is maybe 1/2 the size and 1/2 the cost (give or take).
Activity: 379
Between total junk boards/used boards and Customs tax, I sure feel Great I did not get involved in this latest round of fleecing. Hey guys wake up and smell the burning silicon. THE GAME IS RIGGED, get out NOW!!!!
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
I say pay it, but then dispute it at the customs agency if you think you shouldnt be paying it.  i mean, could be worse, i have a 330$cad bill for just ONE (canada).  disputing it, but we shall see what that does...

Which carrier have you used? UPS?

I always have problems with FedEx since many years so I try to avoid them, and DHL is the cheapest for Canada shipping from China.

I'll order new S7s soon, each on separate orders, but I don't want to pay 300$CAD for each miner. Thanks!

What province are you ?  Maybe you can get off by just having to pay GST.  in quebec apparently you have to pay full tps/tvq, which is 14.75%.

I'm in Quebec province. I'm used to import stuff with my business, I go pick my items in usa and i do the customs paper myself. But in the case of the S7 I think it'll cost more if I ship to usa then I pay taxes at the customs to bring them in Canada. My better option is probably DHL.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
I say pay it, but then dispute it at the customs agency if you think you shouldnt be paying it.  i mean, could be worse, i have a 330$cad bill for just ONE (canada).  disputing it, but we shall see what that does...

I always have problems with FedEx since many years so I try to avoid them, and DHL is the cheapest for Canada shipping from China.

I'll order new S7s soon, each on separate orders, but I don't want to pay 300$CAD for each miner. Thanks!

What province are you ?  Maybe you can get off by just having to pay GST.  in quebec apparently you have to pay full tps/tvq, which is 14.75%.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Does anyone know if it is a UPS agent who assigns the HST import codes to packages or if it is a customs agent for the government who assigns the HST import code to packages?

Your customs broker does the entry and at that point they are responsible for entering the correct code when they submit the entry to customs.  That is why you/they need a customs bond (in case they do something wrong the government can go after the money in the bond). 

Since UPS acted as your customs broker, they picked the code for the entry they submitted to customs.  No one in the government entered the code.  Neither did Bitmain. 

Thanks for that info, dance.  Much appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Re-sharing summary building my S7 mini farm:

I have 4 x B8s in my small farm, they are running but running hot +10c compared to other batches 600mhz.

1. all 7 x S7s are patched with Dec11 FW on 1st Jan 2016.
2. the irritating whoooooo sound has gone away in the last 2 x B8 ordered in mid-Dec (but they are running high temp 68-72c at fans 100%)
3. the whoooo sound in the other earlier 2 x B8 was rectified at 54% fan ratio with acceptable temp ~ 60-65c
4. the rest of the S7s are 600mhz variants, running 55% fan speed (to eliminate the whoooo sound) with 55-65c temps
5. All my S7s are VERTICALLY mounted - stock fans blowing upwards - with 2 box fans running at medium from below the rack.
6. HWE% are very small and I am satisfied with the hashing rate and quite stable to my liking.
7. All fans are stock with no mods.
8. My electrical setup was recently upgraded and all S7s are with dedicated points at 10amp/240v per point. I now have my own separate 120A/240v power distribution board for the miners.
9. The PSU power cord are all standardized with 1.5mm 13AMP/250v BS1363.
10. Each of the S7 are powered by the stock 1600w PSU from BMT with no mods.
11. All the above hashing power (33TH+) goes to kano.is since early Dec.
12. 5 x S7s were bought directly from BMT and shipped by DHL. No shipping issues.

That's my setup and journey so far, thanks to the many tips and guidance from this forum.

Although I don't have any bad units from BMT (fingers crossed), I feel for the rest because the miners are quite an investment. Hang on in there and keep sharing so that we could collectively help each other....
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
How much are you making on kano pools daily avg. thinking about switching but what to make at less 0.032 btc daily.

I've started keeping up stats with rewards with the CKPool Monitor created by Zach.  The stats don't lie.  You see the stats in AMOUNT PER TH/s in each column.  I have not been at kano long enough for the 30 day and 60 day column to catch up with the 7 day and 14 day columns yet.  Which means the 30 day and 60 day columns have insufficient data at the moment.  Give it more time...

You'll notice the 14 day column average per TH/s is 0.00832183 BTC and the 7 day average is 0.00813792 BTC.  I gave the 14 day first because it's more sufficient data over a longer period.  Also, I have not had all of my hash added to the pool.  I actually took my hash away a couple of times and brought it back.  Both times was for about 24 hours.  YET, I still got paid while I was away when blocks were found.  I came back the moment a block was found.  I've determined it's best just to keep all your hash there during slow times and good times.

On NiceHash at the moment, one gets paid in PPS at a rate of .0047 per TH/s.  Now compare that to .00832183 over 2 weeks and .00813792 over the past week at kano.is

I have 104.5 TH/s pointed to CK/Kano Pool.  It was 94.5 TH/s but I pointed another 2 x S7's at the pool yesterday.  Also, I needed to add the data of the most recent block found at kano.is to the chart below.  I felt this was sufficient enough for now for you to get an idea.

The reason my payout for the last block was less than previous even though I had more hash is because the pool had increased in hash rate.  Also, the difficulty increased as well.

Activity: 39

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io
Does anyone know if it is a UPS agent who assigns the HST import codes to packages or if it is a customs agent for the government who assigns the HST import code to packages?

Your customs broker does the entry and at that point they are responsible for entering the correct code when they submit the entry to customs.  That is why you/they need a customs bond (in case they do something wrong the government can go after the money in the bond). 

Since UPS acted as your customs broker, they picked the code for the entry they submitted to customs.  No one in the government entered the code.  Neither did Bitmain. 

UPS does charge administrative fees for customs processing.. So even if you do not actually pay customs fees UPS will bill you for the processing..
Activity: 261

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Holy Smoking HOT!  That is really pushing it.  Keep us informed if you have any issues.  You are getting COIN right now and I hope that you can continue to get COIN later!  

Yes, I'm like you.  I wonder how long it will last?  

Anyway, THAT is some serious mining there with the S7.  Can't be done without increasing the voltage.  Great job!
Keeping you updated :
My S7 Batch 1 is still going strong at 700 Mhz, 12.75 V :

How much are you making on kano pools daily avg. thinking about switching but what to make at less 0.032 btc daily.

You aren't going to make 0.032 btc with one 4.7 antminer...go on f2pool, search help, and you will see the per ths PPS rate.  thats 96% of 100% luck or something like that.  I'm on Kano pool, its not PPS but I feel the luck is better, and its also good to mine on a smaller pool for the network.  PPS is my backup pool, for those few short times when the pool is down. 
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
Holy Smoking HOT!  That is really pushing it.  Keep us informed if you have any issues.  You are getting COIN right now and I hope that you can continue to get COIN later!  

Anyway, THAT is some serious mining there with the S7.  Can't be done without increasing the voltage.  Great job!
Keeping you updated :
https://i.imgur.com/wh99gDA.png

I'm not sure, i'm making ~0.019 btc per block now and payments is each block
Activity: 190
Merit: 100

Keeping you updated :
[IMAGE REDACTED]

Are you able to measure your draw with that stepped up supply?
Yes, The power comsumption at the wall is 1590 watts => 0.28 J/Gh ( psu is dps-2000bb )
Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Keeping you updated :
[IMAGE REDACTED]

Are you able to measure your draw with that stepped up supply?
Activity: 27

Keeping you updated :
https://i.imgur.com/wh99gDA.png

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
What will be the custom charges in India for 1 machine?

on top of table or below the table ? hmmm
Jump to: