Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 189. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
batch 6 shipped last night - supposed to  arrive friday but my batch 5 are still stuck in customs Sad

My batch 5 was stuck in customs as well because Bitmain overstated the value at over $7000 per miner. I just had to call FedEx and email them a screen shot of my order and state that the value was overstated due to human error. They'll also want to know what the miner does. This explanation got it released right away,"This particular item is a collection of computer processors called ASICs that perform a specific computational task. Alone, this component does nothing. Once I assemble other pieces and attach the ASICs it solves complex computer math problems. In the most simplest of terms, it is just a computer component."

Hope this helps.

Years ago when FedEx asked me what the shipment was, I told them they were complex calculators. Released immediately.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Hopefully batch 7 isn't to far behind since batch 6 and 7 have the same approx ship dates.

Does anyone know if they are going to make a batch 9?

I'm pretty sure they will.  We may see a Batch 9 once Batch 8 is close to completely sold.

Yes I am sure there will be one. The interesting "game" is guessing what it will be? Will it be a chip count / speed that we have seen already or something new?  Smiley

Following the recent trend I think we are due for another 162 Chip Miner perhaps the same as Batch 7 with 5063GH/s? Although pending further information on exactly what the changes are and some feedback from people taking delivery I am liking the look of further releases of a Batch 8 style with 135 chips & 4725GH/s.

Rich

I'm hoping for something along the line of batch 3 at least...less wattage and more efficient than this last one.
Activity: 689
Merit: 260
I don't care, just don't want to buy the 700M machine, so I am waiting for Batch 8...
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hopefully batch 7 isn't to far behind since batch 6 and 7 have the same approx ship dates.

I'm pretty sure they will.  We may see a Batch 9 once Batch 8 is close to completely sold.

Yes I am sure there will be one. The interesting "game" is guessing what it will be? Will it be a chip count / speed that we have seen already or something new?  Smiley

Following the recent trend I think we are due for another 162 Chip Miner perhaps the same as Batch 7 with 5063GH/s? Although pending further information on exactly what the changes are and some feedback from people taking delivery I am liking the look of further releases of a Batch 8 style with 135 chips & 4725GH/s.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

i am not afraid bad electronic - thermal - software designs
 Huh I AM AFRAID FROM THIS Huh

I am sorry but I am begining to doubt the points you are making and any connection between "bad electronic - thermal - software designs" and that you are then concerned about a detail in the protocol which appears to indicate that when a number is reached the Core stops Hashing...... All seems very random to me?

Rich

Activity: 490
Merit: 270
Reverse Engineer
i am not afraid bad electronic - thermal - software designs
 Huh I AM AFRAID FROM THIS Huh

- Yes there are absolutly different with data signals taking from schimitt triggered hex buffers.
Look at bm1385 PDF.

-i dont know which chips series or parallel on this new 135 chip board. 15 series possible. if feed 12 optimum 0.8V, if feed 10 min 0.66V.
but we know this is overclocked model, finally you cannot feed 10V for 700Mhz.

-i dont know but i dont think so, this is not step up or down buck converter because this coil needs large mosfets and controller, i dont see them yet Smiley

I do not think the data signals etc. are relevant to the discussion on the reduced string length and the Capacitors & Inductors on the 135 Chip version of the S7.

However my theory for why I think there may be a Buck Converter chip on the other side of the PCB is that without it the Core Voltage applied to each ASIC in the 15 Chip string would be 0.8V which is way too high and would have a detrimental effect on the efficiency of the miner.

What we need is a picture of the other side of the PCB.  Smiley

Rich
Activity: 490
Merit: 270
Reverse Engineer
I am having trouble with understanding what you are saying here?

this modification is necessary, because bitmain chip voltage and data voltages are different, Serial chip feeding becomes need more stable voltage.

What do you mean by "bitmain chip voltage and data voltages are different,"?

when chip goes down to under 0,61 Volt then chip fried. (under 11V) if overclock your miner you must to have a lot of amperes, otherwise your voltages goes down immidiately. i add 2200uF/16V capacitor each hashboard.

Agreed that if the chip  voltage goes under 0.61V / 11V Supply there could be a problem, however this is a 135 chip system which at 12V gives 0.8V / chip and at 11V it's stiil 0.73V on the chips?

This capacitors filter SMPS's peak and 500Khz 12V charge time. we are talk about more than 100A. This hungry machine suck 12V quicly. and ferrit inductor job is choke inductor too. this method is more stable for silly PSU's. Smiley

Are you suggesting that the Capacitors & Inductor in the picture are the only additions to that part of the circuitry and that there is no Buck Converter chip on the other side of the board as I am guessing?

Rich

- Yes there are absolutly different with data signals taking from schimitt triggered hex buffers.
Look at bm1385 PDF.

-i dont know which chips series or parallel on this new 135 chip board. 15 series possible. if feed 12 optimum 0.8V, if feed 10 min 0.66V.
but we know this is overclocked model, finally you cannot feed 10V for 700Mhz.

-i dont know but i dont think so, this is not step up or down buck converter because this coil needs large mosfets and controller, i dont see them yet Smiley
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
batch 6 shipped last night - supposed to  arrive friday but my batch 5 are still stuck in customs Sad

My batch 5 was stuck in customs as well because Bitmain overstated the value at over $7000 per miner. I just had to call FedEx and email them a screen shot of my order and state that the value was overstated due to human error. They'll also want to know what the miner does. This explanation got it released right away,"This particular item is a collection of computer processors called ASICs that perform a specific computational task. Alone, this component does nothing. Once I assemble other pieces and attach the ASICs it solves complex computer math problems. In the most simplest of terms, it is just a computer component."

Hope this helps.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Getting first shipping confirmation from Batch 6..expected arrival in 2 days :-)
That's what I am thinking to. I also heard there is no buck converter on a few of the batches that's why you so called have to use 12v+ whatever.

The 162 chip systems are definitely a straight string design without a Buck Converter. The 135 Chip systems could still be a string design but on paper the Core Voltage at 0.8V is too high, so when the picture of the 135 chip hash Board appeared I assumed that they had added a Buck Converter but with that still feeding the shortened string?

If so then big unanswered question is can it be adjusted or even better have they made it programmable? What we need is a picture of the other side of the board.

Rich
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

this modification is necessary, because bitmain chip voltage and data voltages are different, Serial chip feeding becomes need more stable voltage.

when chip goes down to under 0,61 Volt then chip fried. (under 11V) if overclock your miner you must to have a lot of amperes, otherwise your voltages goes down immidiately. i add 2200uF/16V capacitor each hashboard.

Agreed that if the chip  voltage goes under 0.61V / 11V Supply there could be a problem, however this is a 135 chip system which at 12V gives 0.8V / chip and at 11V it's stiil 0.73V on the chips?

This capacitors filter SMPS's peak and 500Khz 12V charge time. we are talk about more than 100A. This hungry machine suck 12V quicly. and ferrit inductor job is choke inductor too. this method is more stable for silly PSU's. Smiley

Are you suggesting that the Capacitors & Inductor in the picture are the only additions to that part of the circuitry and that there is no Buck Converter chip on the other side of the board as I am guessing?

Rich

That's what I am thinking to. I also heard there is no buck converter on a few of the batches that's why you so called have to use 12v+ whatever.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Has anyone else here ordered an S7 from Bitmain via a DOMESTIC wire transfer? I called 844-248-6246 and have been getting the run around for wire instructions  for many days now even though I have an open ticket with them. I was under the impression Bitmain was in business to sell their products

There is support in us.... but the ordering likely will be though China.  If you ordered a ton I suppose they might make a exception.

Have you tried the from contact page emailing - https://www.bitmaintech.com/about.htm:

Contact Us 

Anyting related with this site and your order, such as invalid order or payment does not show up: [email protected]

Business plans/proposals, customer service and RMA request: [email protected]

I would try a email to both and see what results are if you have not already.
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
Has anyone else here ordered an S7 from Bitmain via a DOMESTIC wire transfer? I called 844-248-6246 and have been getting the run around for wire instructions  for many days now even though I have an open ticket with them. I was under the impression Bitmain was in business to sell their products
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Thanks for the help all is appreciated the voltage is 11.85v loaded. I am using two EVGA SUPERNOVA 1300 G2's on one S7 I hate it because I can adjust the voltage on them. My S7 is from batch 5.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

What Do you Guys think about the number of HW errors Is it good or bad Personally I don't like it but if they are good what the hell at this point ?

Huh Huh Huh Huh

I have 8 of them running HW between 0.0100% and 0.0200%.  I would consider trading for yours if you would like?  haha  Yours is running just fine.
Jump to: