Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 185. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

I'm sure a lot of people are like me. I just mentioned this in the S3+ thread, but Bitmain hit a pinnacle when they made the S3. They had low noise, low heat, and high hash rates with decent power draw. If they had included a power cord it would have been a perfect machine. We all loved it and bought them. Now alot of our purchases have to do with brand loyalty. We expect quality out of Bitmain.

Also, and Rich points out in the S3 thread, they should move back to the Buck Converter. This balls to the wall all the electricity you can push design is not a long term solution.

ROFL.. had me laugh here bigtime.. 'Quality out of Bitmain'...... Are you even looking at what you're typing?Huh
Also brand loyalty only goes as far as company loyalty to their customers. Which Bitmain has ZERO.

Plain and simple, people buy what will make them money with no scruples and pride.. :SHRUG:.

Some of us have those things and give Bitmain the middle finger. I rather invest the money I would have spent on the miners and as of now have a 40% higher return already.

To each their own though.

ps. BITMAIN ANSWER YOuR GDAMN TICKETS!
Activity: 359
Merit: 251

And, yet, people still keep buying from Bitmain!

I'm sure a lot of people are like me. I just mentioned this in the S3+ thread, but Bitmain hit a pinnacle when they made the S3. They had low noise, low heat, and high hash rates with decent power draw. If they had included a power cord it would have been a perfect machine. We all loved it and bought them. Now alot of our purchases have to do with brand loyalty. We expect quality out of Bitmain.

The problem with the S7's is they're hot, loud, and they pull enough juice to burn down your garage. If Bitmain would redesign the S8 as an S7 with the sound profile, heat sinks, and ease of use of the S3 they'd have a long term winner. Quality is an expectation.

Also, and Rich points out in the S3 thread, they should move back to the Buck Converter. This balls to the wall all the electricity you can push design is not a long term solution.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
their batch 8 has been running for weeks already, I wonder if it's because they are selling A TON of batch 8 or it's because it's selling very slowly
I'm saying this because Batch 7 was sold out in just a few hours

It could be because we have got to the final design change with Batch 8?  Smiley

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
How come we aren't seeing listings on bitmain's website for used S5's?  I would have expected they would be switching over their own farm to S7's and have a bunch of S5's to get rid of.

Because Bitmain sold all their S5's as new to users. The one my Dad has, that's not working anymore looked like it was mining for 3 years. Dust all over it. The fan barely started properly and there were burn marks on the PCB board. Setup an RMA indicating we wanted new hardware. Shipped the used one to them, and they sent another used one. Gave up. NOW it goes bad. At that critical time where you want all the GH you can get.

And, yet, people still keep buying from Bitmain!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
their batch 8 has been running for weeks already, I wonder if it's because they are selling A TON of batch 8 or it's because it's selling very slowly
I'm saying this because Batch 7 was sold out in just a few hours
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Anyone getting:
Unknown error: null
When trying to order the 1600 watt Power Supply?
It's been this way for weeks.

I belive you have to pay with BTC not USD

I'm using the bitcoin payment option, but it gives this error.
I do see it listed in their shopping area as:
140 USD
( 0.397 BTC )
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
well I can look at the address I paid into for my s-7's

https://blockchain.info/address/1KwA4fS4uVuCNjCtMivE7m5ATbv93UZg8V

sales of s-7 started around here.

https://blockchain.info/tx/580acc51ab71100dc9fb20c2c19856c7cb397beb09e88ea46b9cff75b5a4f2a3

I did figure more then 5000 sold since 8/30/2015

thats 20ph  about 25000 coins  but we have added more then 100ph to the network since then.

and I did not add this up in a while so it may be more like 6000 s-7's and 28ph

I'm thinking the combination of the new S7 batches and the Avalon account for a lot of the increase.  I also think that it's possible with winter in the northern hemisphere people are starting to turn on extra miners that help offset heat costs but man 100ph.  These high diff jumps are going to hurt ROI but at least BTC prices have gone up to help soften the blow a little.  I'm hoping that things start to level off really soon.

Add Bitfury's new miners they made for themselves & KnC still adding miners (not sure if they got their 16nm out yet,don't think so) & there's the majority of the added hashrate  Roll Eyes

I'll be looking to a new coin that's not corporate run very soon  Tongue  BTC is for big business,not the masses anymore.............

I also believe that those guys are ignoring transactions that are feeless,wouldn't surprise me in the least...........
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

https://blockchain.info/tx/580acc51ab71100dc9fb20c2c19856c7cb397beb09e88ea46b9cff75b5a4f2a3

thats 20ph  about 25000 coins  but we have added more then 100ph to the network since then.

I'm thinking the combination of the new S7 batches and the Avalon account for a lot of the increase.  I also think that it's possible with winter in the northern hemisphere people are starting to turn on extra miners that help offset heat costs but man 100ph.  These high diff jumps are going to hurt ROI but at least BTC prices have gone up to help soften the blow a little.  I'm hoping that things start to level off really soon.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
How come we aren't seeing listings on bitmain's website for used S5's?  I would have expected they would be switching over their own farm to S7's and have a bunch of S5's to get rid of.

Because Bitmain sold all their S5's as new to users. The one my Dad has, that's not working anymore looked like it was mining for 3 years. Dust all over it. The fan barely started properly and there were burn marks on the PCB board. Setup an RMA indicating we wanted new hardware. Shipped the used one to them, and they sent another used one. Gave up. NOW it goes bad. At that critical time where you want all the GH you can get.
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
Hi, I have Batch 7 Shipped, but Batch 6 not Shipped...
does anyone have same problem?

I got a batch 7 and it says it shipped today but did not have a batch 6 order so I can't comment on your issue.

Its exciting though since I wasn't expecting it till mid to late december.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Hi, I have Batch 7 Shipped, but Batch 6 not Shipped...
does anyone have same problem?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
but it's running at .5% hw errors.

Did you typo that?  I have never seen HW that high on any of my OC'd ants from any generation.  Usually if I see .01 or .02 I consider it about the max for that particular machine.  If I see higher than that I lower the freq.

nope, not a typo, it was 0.5% - but I did unplug it to move cables around before reading that, which cut off power suddenly and stopped airflow. I soft-cycled it from the admin page just now, and am now getting .008 after 5 minutes, so perhaps it was an artifact of the heat spike from being unplugged suddenly without the fans staying on

soft boot helps  I did a thread on it.  One of my s-7's desires a soft boot 2 or 3 times a week.
Activity: 356
Merit: 255

Did you typo that?  I have never seen HW that high on any of my OC'd ants from any generation.  Usually if I see .01 or .02 I consider it about the max for that particular machine.  If I see higher than that I lower the freq.

nope, not a typo, it was 0.5% - but I did unplug it to move cables around before reading that, which cut off power suddenly and stopped airflow. I soft-cycled it from the admin page just now, and am now getting .008 after 5 minutes, so perhaps it was an artifact of the heat spike from being unplugged suddenly without the fans staying on
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
my batch 6 order arrived about 2 hours ago. September 15 firmware, hashing right at the average advertised speed of 4.05 th/s at default frequency of 600 mHz, but my killawatt died last week so I'm not sure on the draw. They aren't flipping 15-amp breakers, though, even though the included instruction sheets say they draw 16 amps each. We'll see if that holds up over time. Turned one up (modestly) to 625 mHz, still didn't trip the breaker, but it's running at .5% hw errors. Not sure if I want to switch firmware since I don't have a copy of the version that it shipped with to fall back on if something goes sideways...anyone else feeling brave?

Very interested to hear how Batch 6 goes, as it's the first of the 135 Chip Systems? If they have a Buck Converter they should be very tolerant of the supply voltage. If anyone has an excuse to take a look inside it would be nice to have a picture of the Hash Board on the other side from the large inductor shown on the Batch 8 Sales page. Also power at the wall at the default and any other frequencies would be very interesting?

Not sure if I want to switch firmware since I don't have a copy of the version that it shipped with to fall back on if something goes sideways...anyone else feeling brave?

I don't think there is alternative firmware available for Batch 6 / 600MHz systems yet?

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

Activity: 356
Merit: 255
my batch 6 order arrived about 2 hours ago. September 15 firmware, hashing right at the average advertised speed of 4.05 th/s at default frequency of 600 mHz, but my killawatt died last week so I'm not sure on the draw. They aren't flipping 15-amp breakers, though, even though the included instruction sheets say they draw 16 amps each. We'll see if that holds up over time. Turned one up (modestly) to 625 mHz, still didn't trip the breaker, but it's running at .5% hw errors. Not sure if I want to switch firmware since I don't have a copy of the version that it shipped with to fall back on if something goes sideways...anyone else feeling brave?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
my b7 is still unshipped, but it was ordered late.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I could be off base, but I can't imagine their retail sales even being equivalent to their own mining efforts, so I'm not convinced the shipped batches will have as much of an impact on difficulty as what's already been put on-line in their own farms. If they're anything like the other manufacturers in the direction they've taken, they will prioritize self-mining and only sell to the public for considerable mark-up to justify the "competition" in difficulty.  Maybe I'm being optimistic  Huh

thats 20ph  about 25000 coins  but we have added more then 100ph to the network since then.

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
I could be off base, but I can't imagine their retail sales even being equivalent to their own mining efforts, so I'm not convinced the shipped batches will have as much of an impact on difficulty as what's already been put on-line in their own farms. If they're anything like the other manufacturers in the direction they've taken, they will prioritize self-mining and only sell to the public for considerable mark-up to justify the "competition" in difficulty.  Maybe I'm being optimistic  Huh
Activity: 338
Merit: 251
Yeah, I think the reason we are seeing almost no S5s for sale anywhere is expansion. Anybody who has some S5 units and bought S7 units kept their S5s and simply added to their farm. This is the biggest reason for the massive diff jumps in my opinion.

We are in for a few more 10%-15% jumps with the next batches shipping right now. We should have seen this coming, prepare for the worst. I think we'll have a price drop soon followed by another few massive diff jumps. It sucks but I don't see it not happening...
Jump to: