Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 227. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 572
Merit: 506
Batch 4 and 5 are sold out.

lasted just a couple of days.
anyway, my B4 order finally 'turned green'.

Interestingly, S7 batch 6 went from 162 to 145 chips (144? as 145 cannot be divided by 3-weird)

This contains an error, they put 45 chips per hasboard, total 135 chips, not 145:

batch 1, 3 and 5: 4860 / 162 = 30 (total hashpower / number of chips = hashpower per chip)
batch 6: 4050 / 30 = 135 (total hashpower / hashpower per chip = number of chips)

So, they went from 54 chips per hashboard to 45 chips per hashboard.

Now it is easilly to found a PSU, but it is still too high...  Sad
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
They have lowered the price and power?
almost the same price of the lot with 4 power 4.86 th / s
and now they recur with less power and less chip?
for me if I can keep, bitmain and too greedy for money
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Interestingly, S7 batch 6 went from 162 to 145 chips (144? as 145 cannot be divided by 3-weird)

That'd be 0.75v at the chips, assuming 3 strings of 16 chips on each board.
According to the datasheet, they can't get 0.25J/GH efficiency at 0.75v, so something is wrong there.
The possible way to do it is with 4 panels, 36chips on each, and then, you are at 0.66v at the chips, 0.25J/GH efficiency.

I agree something is wrong and has been wrong ever since the first S7 release. Even then the Core Voltage v Frequency was too high relative to the information in the BM1385 Data Sheet. This to some degree was backed up by their very tight PSU spec. Things then got worse, relative to the Data Sheet, when they reduced the frequency, and have now further degraded with the 16 Node v 18 Node string.

So for some reason the BM1385 chips are not performing at the Core Voltage / Frequency that the Data Sheet implies. First time I have seen this all earlier chips were very close in a system to the Data Sheet numbers.

Rich
Activity: 840

That'd be 0.75v at the chips, assuming 3 strings of 16 chips on each board.
According to the datasheet, they can't get 0.25J/GH efficiency at 0.75v, so something is wrong there.
The possible way to do it is with 4 panels, 36chips on each, and then, you are at 0.66v at the chips, 0.25J/GH efficiency.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

I think that Batch 6 could end up being a good buy. For some reason the BM1385 chips do not seem to be performing to spec and they have upped the Core Voltage by reducing the number of chips. This is in place of reducing the frequency that they have done to 575MHz & in some cases to 550MHz.

The new PSU specification is much easier to achieve being 11.6V to 13V whereas before it was 12.0V+5%, should not be less than 12.0V. I suspect in some cases people, dependant on how good their PSU was, will have had less than 12V at the Hash Board?

So I think Batch 6 will have no problem performing to specification and I would expect it to be possible to Overclocked. My guess.... is that with 12.8 V supply 675MHz and possibly 700MHz would be possible giving 4.5TH & 4.7TH.

No guarantees with the above. I have not seen or tested one and am just working off the same data you all have.  Smiley

Rich

I'm inclined to agree, but then bitmain could have advertised it as at least 4.2th?

Also, increased voltage means lower efficiency
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I don't know if I want to roll the dice with a batch 6 or not.  I would like to know why they dropped the number of chips in it?  I have a batch 3 and it's performing great, I haven't rebooted it since I flashed the new firmware.  Hell I was even going to get the batch 4 at 4.66TH since it was a bit cheaper.  But losing over half a TH for a miner that's slightly cheaper than the batch 4 is crappy.

I may just do it once I get my funds back up just so I can sell off my last S5 and S3+...those two are using just about the same amount of power the batch 6 uses, but damn I would love a 4.86 or a 4.66 for just a little more money.

I think that Batch 6 could end up being a good buy. For some reason the BM1385 chips do not seem to be performing to spec and they have upped the Core Voltage by reducing the number of chips. This is in place of reducing the frequency that they have done to 575MHz & in some cases to 550MHz.

The new PSU specification is much easier to achieve being 11.6V to 13V whereas before it was 12.0V+5%, should not be less than 12.0V. I suspect in some cases people, dependant on how good their PSU was, will have had less than 12V at the Hash Board?

So I think Batch 6 will have no problem performing to specification and I would expect it to be possible to Overclocked. My guess.... is that with 12.8 V supply 675MHz and possibly 700MHz would be possible giving 4.5TH & 4.7TH.

No guarantees with the above. I have not seen or tested one and am just working off the same data you all have.  Smiley

Rich
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
what do you guys think, i was about to buy a S7 Batch 3 but was having trouble pulling all the BTC together, but i check today and i still have the order in my backet ready for checkout, do you think if i check it out, they will honor it, or will it be pain in the ass, if they don`t and getting my BTC backs..

It is so easy.

You can not checkout.

i can reach all the way to the confirm button, but not going to try, it`s alot of money to bet on a maybe it will work !!!!!
You will not be able to checkout. It will say product ran out of stock. Same thing happened to me many times. Go try it and see for yourself.
it was a batch 5 ( not 3 ) and yup, you are correct, after the confirm button, it`s says batch 5 is sold out. Sad and i`m sure as hell not buying a batch 6 at 4 btc.

oh well,  at least i`ll be ready for the next one.

I don't know if I want to roll the dice with a batch 6 or not.  I would like to know why they dropped the number of chips in it?  I have a batch 3 and it's performing great, I haven't rebooted it since I flashed the new firmware.  Hell I was even going to get the batch 4 at 4.66TH since it was a bit cheaper.  But losing over half a TH for a miner that's slightly cheaper than the batch 4 is crappy.

I may just do it once I get my funds back up just so I can sell off my last S5 and S3+...those two are using just about the same amount of power the batch 6 uses, but damn I would love a 4.86 or a 4.66 for just a little more money.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
what do you guys think, i was about to buy a S7 Batch 3 but was having trouble pulling all the BTC together, but i check today and i still have the order in my backet ready for checkout, do you think if i check it out, they will honor it, or will it be pain in the ass, if they don`t and getting my BTC backs..

It is so easy.

You can not checkout.

i can reach all the way to the confirm button, but not going to try, it`s alot of money to bet on a maybe it will work !!!!!
You will not be able to checkout. It will say product ran out of stock. Same thing happened to me many times. Go try it and see for yourself.
it was a batch 5 ( not 3 ) and yup, you are correct, after the confirm button, it`s says batch 5 is sold out. Sad and i`m sure as hell not buying a batch 6 at 4 btc.

oh well,  at least i`ll be ready for the next one.
Activity: 484
Merit: 251

It is so easy.

You can not checkout.

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

It is so easy.

You can not checkout.

Kaltar,

Batch 3 already shipped, batch 4 and 5 have come and gone.  There is zero chance you will receive a miner if you purchase from Batch 3, and even if you try I'm pretty confident it won't allow you to check out/confirm.  You wouldn't be sending the money until after confirmation screen anyways, so try for yourself.

It is so easy.

You can not checkout.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

It is so easy.

You can not checkout.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
The problem is that with the price of BTC going up and down, its hard for them to get the value they want. So I guess this is why they fixed the price in BTC.
I have bough a S7 yesterday in the high and only paid 3.5 for a Batch 4  Grin

So Im pretty happy.

well, if you are fixing the price in btc, then you are subjected to the downdraft in btc price.
Way back in 2014 they priced everything in btc, then changed to $$ when btc started going south.
I guess, BMT expects the general bullish trend in btc, and I am OK with this prediction.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
They are selling it at a FIXED btc price of 4 btc.  So I would say they did not like today selling for USD amounts when jumping around.

I'm personally not a plan of the fixed rate.  Takes some of the skill/speculation out of it.

Thanks for pointing that out!!! I am NOT a fan either!! I was planning on ordering more units next week, but I might just wait for other options due to this.
legendary
Activity: 1232
May i ask about any guys have get Batch 1 refund ? Huh

Have they paid anyone's promised money back yet for shipping fing late?

Nothing on my batch 1 which was about 3-4 days late getting shipped (after the 10 day "holiday")
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
So the price difference between the 4.86TH and the 4.66TH was about $100.  Now they're selling this crap unit at 4.05TH for only $120 less than the 4.66TH?  WTF?  Looks like their greed is increasing and hash rate is decreasing.

Yup. Learning from US companies, charge more for less product.

Guess it's time to seriously look into the new avalons.
Keep in mind that the B6 price is set in BTC (B1-B5 were set in USD). So the BTC price the moment you buy it determines the USD price.

hehe, so I'm hoping for a btc price tanking so I can buy it on the cheap!  And the Avalon6 is definitely not worth it, lower hash, worse efficiency, and $1500?  No thanks. (plus have to buy a raspberry pi as it doesn't have it's own controller)
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
So the price difference between the 4.86TH and the 4.66TH was about $100.  Now they're selling this crap unit at 4.05TH for only $120 less than the 4.66TH?  WTF?  Looks like their greed is increasing and hash rate is decreasing.

Keep in mind that the B6 price is set in BTC (B1-B5 were set in USD). So the BTC price the moment you buy it determines the USD price.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
The problem is that with the price of BTC going up and down, its hard for them to get the value they want. So I guess this is why they fixed the price in BTC.
I have bough a S7 yesterday in the high and only paid 3.5 for a Batch 4  Grin

So Im pretty happy.
Jump to: