Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 229. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Small issue with my last B4 order when BTC was at $492. Sent payment right away and it had 6 confirmations before the hour window was up. But my order expired, I did notice that the BTC is still at the address I sent payment to, usually payment address redirects BTCs to another address (to consolidate payments?). Sent an email to [email protected]. I know that BM always corrected such errors, but $120/BTC variance at current price. We will see how do they handle this order.

I am in exactly the same situation, also sent payment, also got confirmations, also shows expired.
They typically redirect after 2-3 or even 1 confirms...someone was asleep at the job?

Hopefully, BM will change order status to paid, it's been over 6 hours since I emailed.

Same here.... Had 11 confirmations then order expired. Now showing over 67 confirmations and order status still says expired / unpaid after email with screenshots to webmaster. I would think they would honor these orders. If not, how to we get BTC back?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
And as history has taut us, warranties are sketchy at best through a reseller the manufacturer.

FTFY  Grin
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
In addition to the selling caused by the high price, there is ongoing sales of BTC that are just not optional. Bitmain must sell at least 100  coins each day to pay suppliers, workers, electric bill, and so forth.

We should expect that there will be "resistance" levels where the price brings out many seller. $500 is urely one of those points.

It's really hard to tell how much they have to cash out  With data centers full of gear even with low electricity, that is still a lot of money.

And they have to cash out to make next batches of miners I would think.  Guessing they go to fiat and then buy miner parts in fiat.   I'm sure they don't run day by day.  I'm confident they have a good amount of rainy day funds to keep everything going incase it ever did drop a lot.

They convert all coin, only coin they have is to pay miners and hashnest. Otherwise, comes in and its sold. Look at when they sold 500 s7 on HN, within 10 min of sale starting, the BTC price dropped and continued to drop till they sold out. 500 miners is almost a million USD dumped in 32 hours, the first 3 hours was a good chunk of that. When they sold out, within 1 hour BTC started going up again. BTC is a pretty small market from a liquidity perspective.

I guess I should have know this.  But that is a crazy amount to dump at once.    Wow surprised I never noticed.  But makes perfect sense.

Do we know if S4/S5 sales caused a dump? And if so how much?

Bitmain holds significant amounts of BTC, they support Bitcoin and don't simply dump it on exchanges. If there are price drops after batch announcements then its coincidental.

I find it quite odd that when HW batch or HN hash is actually on sale, not announcement but first hour store is open AND they sell hundreds of units that the BTC price drops in the same hour. Then when units sold out or sales slow significantly BTC stabilizes and starts to rise. Is there any evidence to support them holding BTC from sales? Friday 9am China time, they are selling another 500 units into HN, if there is huge demand at open and they sell 100-200 units in the first 2 hours, let see what the price does. That would be 8pm ET Thursday if I am doing the time conversion correctly.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
In addition to the selling caused by the high price, there is ongoing sales of BTC that are just not optional. Bitmain must sell at least 100  coins each day to pay suppliers, workers, electric bill, and so forth.

We should expect that there will be "resistance" levels where the price brings out many seller. $500 is urely one of those points.

It's really hard to tell how much they have to cash out  With data centers full of gear even with low electricity, that is still a lot of money.

And they have to cash out to make next batches of miners I would think.  Guessing they go to fiat and then buy miner parts in fiat.   I'm sure they don't run day by day.  I'm confident they have a good amount of rainy day funds to keep everything going incase it ever did drop a lot.

They convert all coin, only coin they have is to pay miners and hashnest. Otherwise, comes in and its sold. Look at when they sold 500 s7 on HN, within 10 min of sale starting, the BTC price dropped and continued to drop till they sold out. 500 miners is almost a million USD dumped in 32 hours, the first 3 hours was a good chunk of that. When they sold out, within 1 hour BTC started going up again. BTC is a pretty small market from a liquidity perspective.

I guess I should have know this.  But that is a crazy amount to dump at once.    Wow surprised I never noticed.  But makes perfect sense.

Bitmain holds significant amounts of BTC, they support Bitcoin and don't simply dump it on exchanges. If there are price drops after batch announcements then its coincidental.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I would love to see the Bitmain web site about now...
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Ok, back on to the S7 topic .....

I've been hashing along for over 24hrs now. No heatsinks have fallen off ........ yet.

I did have a brief issue with the following miner when I updated the IP address from the stock IP address. It sat there all dumb flashing the red light and beeping for a couple minutes. Then it woke up and has been hashing ever since.

That S7 B3 while hashing along, it will now flash the red LED. Maybe 1 a minute, sometimes 2-3-4 times in a minute.

So I looked at the Kernel Log to find out what is going on

DRV FIFO EMPTY

That's what that red LED is indicating.

I'm assuming that the miner is not getting the data to be hashed quick enough causing the FIFO buffer to run out of data.

I was hashing with the stock firmware and was having this issue. To see if the updated firmware would fix this, I updated all the miners to the latest firmware on the Bitmain site.... Just this one S7 is having the DRV FIFO EMPTY issue.

I've tried different ports on the switch, I've tried different CAT5e cables thinking maybe there is some issue with a switch port or a patch cable... nada, still tossing that error.

Any suggestions to tweak this thing?Huh?

ALSO............

I'm noticing that the S7's like to bounce around in difficulty on Nicehash ... whereas my S5's are rock solid at 2048.

Would it be better to have a fixed difficulty rather than a difficulty that is bouncing around frequently? How would that be done?
My s5's would crash the os going against nicehash. Not often but enough to cause me to get remote switched pdu's. I used m'sminermonitor so when it crashed all the stats stay frozen on the screen.
Seems that when the rentals are switching the hashrate went very low and then kaboom.
Had to power reset.

Had one of my s7's do it the other day. Just once, not since. Had to power cycle.
I see the red light as well sometimes. I'm always on nicehash.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
Ok, back on to the S7 topic .....

I've been hashing along for over 24hrs now. No heatsinks have fallen off ........ yet.

I did have a brief issue with the following miner when I updated the IP address from the stock IP address. It sat there all dumb flashing the red light and beeping for a couple minutes. Then it woke up and has been hashing ever since.

That S7 B3 while hashing along, it will now flash the red LED. Maybe 1 a minute, sometimes 2-3-4 times in a minute.

So I looked at the Kernel Log to find out what is going on

DRV FIFO EMPTY

That's what that red LED is indicating.

I'm assuming that the miner is not getting the data to be hashed quick enough causing the FIFO buffer to run out of data.

I was hashing with the stock firmware and was having this issue. To see if the updated firmware would fix this, I updated all the miners to the latest firmware on the Bitmain site.... Just this one S7 is having the DRV FIFO EMPTY issue.

I've tried different ports on the switch, I've tried different CAT5e cables thinking maybe there is some issue with a switch port or a patch cable... nada, still tossing that error.

Any suggestions to tweak this thing?Huh?

ALSO............

I'm noticing that the S7's like to bounce around in difficulty on Nicehash ... whereas my S5's are rock solid at 2048.

Would it be better to have a fixed difficulty rather than a difficulty that is bouncing around frequently? How would that be done?
legendary
Activity: 1456

It's really hard to tell how much they have to cash out  With data centers full of gear even with low electricity, that is still a lot of money.

And they have to cash out to make next batches of miners I would think.  Guessing they go to fiat and then buy miner parts in fiat.   I'm sure they don't run day by day.  I'm confident they have a good amount of rainy day funds to keep everything going incase it ever did drop a lot.

I guess I should have know this.  But that is a crazy amount to dump at once.    Wow surprised I never noticed.  But makes perfect sense.

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1456

alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052

legendary
Activity: 1274
40 btc is a drop in the bucket, less than 2 block solves, to think such a small amount could "tank" the price is absurd.  The price is dropping because tons of people are selling right now, not just one guy with 40 coins.
Boy did I pick a bad day to buy or what ? *sighs*

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!   what a roller coaster ride.  Shocked

Some whale just dumped 40BTC on Cryptsy.... TANK goes the price ....

I'm hoping that the peeps manipulating the BTC market don't pull the plug just yet.... let it build a little bit more while I mine with these S7'd so I can get some more BTC for more S7's  Tongue

Come on now, 40btc is hardly a whale, just someone who is happy to cash out at $400.

40 BTC is more than I've ever seen.... ;-) and is a pretty good size hunk of beer n chicken wing money
legendary
dogiecoin.com

I'm hoping that the peeps manipulating the BTC market don't pull the plug just yet.... let it build a little bit more while I mine with these S7'd so I can get some more BTC for more S7's  Tongue

Come on now, 40btc is hardly a whale, just someone who is happy to cash out at $400.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Small issue with my last B4 order when BTC was at $492. Sent payment right away and it had 6 confirmations before the hour window was up. But my order expired, I did notice that the BTC is still at the address I sent payment to, usually payment address redirects BTCs to another address (to consolidate payments?). Sent an email to [email protected]. I know that BM always corrected such errors, but $120/BTC variance at current price. We will see how do they handle this order.

I am in exactly the same situation, also sent payment, also got confirmations, also shows expired.
They typically redirect after 2-3 or even 1 confirms...someone was asleep at the job?

Hopefully, BM will change order status to paid, it's been over 6 hours since I emailed.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Also if i add a Company VAT number with my friends company. Would they Discard the VAT totally? or just bill the company? . Heard different things from different sources
If they're like the UK you'd pay out the VAT and then claim it back in your next return. That is if you actually have the right to be using your friends VAT number, which it doesn't sound like you do.

One more thing; looked at one alternative site that ships within the EU
Assume any reseller to be generally nefarious, there aren't significant reseller margins provided by Bitmain and so these people can generally only make money off charging you more. And as history has taut us, warranties are sketchy at best through a reseller.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

They typically redirect or at least show confirmed after 2-3 or even 1 confirms...someone was asleep at the job?

Interesting price adjustment from Bitmain.
Decided to do this again instead of buying an S7

Good luck everyone.

Activity: 895
Merit: 504
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Interesting price adjustment from Bitmain.
Decided to do this again instead of buying an S7

Good luck everyone.

Jump to: