Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 226. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Hi, does anybody knows how to stop beep sound when connection to net is down? I cannot find any controler of "beep sound" like S4 had. Thanks for any advice.
I don't think the S7's have a speaker to notify you when the internet connection goes down. I may be wrong but I though that's how they designed them.

I have two now .. both of them beeps like a hell Smiley ..so it does
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io
Hi, does anybody knows how to stop beep sound when connection to net is down? I cannot find any controler of "beep sound" like S4 had. Thanks for any advice.
I don't think the S7's have a speaker to notify you when the internet connection goes down. I may be wrong but I though that's how they designed them.

The S7s make some real noise when the internet goes down, not sure where it comes from but it definitely does it..
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

It does.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
On s3's I used to install a tiny screw in the piezo beeper.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Final shipment comes tomorrow.
Took a lot of patience.
Activity: 103
Activity: 592
Merit: 500
Did anyone get the following error on their order when trying to confirm it.?
Can not buy different currency once.

That is with either payment options. Angry

I think it is unfair. Just because our president can't count does not mean the rest of us can't either.

Had the same issue, just split your orders up. One for miners another for the PSU.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Bought a S7 from Batch 5 I have two EVGA Supernova G2 1300 watt PSU's I want to use with it the question is The S5 when using one PSU only measures 11.88v on the PCI-E Connectors when Under full load "HASHING" no overclock does anybody think if I use two PSU's on the S7 will it give me a problem ?

Question 2: what does the S7 do when it don't get enough voltage does it BURN UP like the S5 ?

Question 3: Are there any 1500 watt 12vdc to 15vdc variable output server PSU's out there if so what's the link ?

this one goes from 10 to 13.5

https://www.trcelectronics.com/ecomm/pdf/rsp1500.pdf

I have been using it here and there.  A guy on ebay was selling them at a good price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MeanWell-Power-Supply-Rsp-1500-12-/191732204742?
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

They are using less chips per board.

Thanks.  I didn't notice that the first time I looked at it.  I was about to pull the trigger last night on a Batch 5 and I told myself I'd wait until morning.  Now I'm kicking myself for not ordering it last night for a little over 4BTC.  Oh well.
Activity: 588
Batch 4 and 5 are sold out.

lasted just a couple of days.
anyway, my B4 order finally 'turned green'.

Interestingly, S7 batch 6 went from 162 to 145 chips (144? as 145 cannot be divided by 3-weird)

This contains an error, they put 45 chips per hasboard, total 135 chips, not 145:

batch 1, 3 and 5: 4860 / 162 = 30 (total hashpower / number of chips = hashpower per chip)
batch 6: 4050 / 30 = 135 (total hashpower / hashpower per chip = number of chips)

So, they went from 54 chips per hashboard to 45 chips per hashboard.

Now it is easilly to found a PSU, but it is still too high...  Sad

Well the maths works for 135 Chips . The only snag is that with 45 chips / Board the only maths that works is 15 Nodes of 3 Chips, one less node than with 144 Chips and that would mean that the Core Voltage with a 12V Supply would be even higher. 12V / 15 = 0.8V and that is way too high. That is if the BM1385 Data Sheet is to be believed?

Rich

And whats the deal? Its the same price, or even higher than the "lesser batches" for less hashrate. What is this, the "Lays marketing trick" where they just sell less chips per bag but use the same price to milk more money off customers?

They must have implemented something on the board to regulate down the Voltage to the 0.6X range, why go through all this trouble? I don't get it and its bothering me, mostly because i was thinking on picking up one soon, i guess.

This is not what i had in mind when the rumours of the "S7 mini" started going around...

Well it's all a bit of a mess.  Smiley The original "Leak" with 3.5ish TH which would have been possible with a 2 Board S7 made a lot of sense.

Now Bitmain tell us it's got 145 chips which does not work. So we guess 144 Chips which can work, the core voltage increases, which is plausible given the problems they have been fixing by lowering the frequency.

Another bit of maths suggests it might be 135 Chips, again the maths work but core voltage is now up to 0.8V which according to the data sheet particularly given that the PSU spec now goes to 13V is definitely too high.

The pictures all still just show the original S7 Hash boards with 54 Chips so that does not help. So I guess we are just going to have to wait, unless someone from Bitmain want's to put us out of our misery?

Rich

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
Did anyone get the following error on their order when trying to confirm it.?
Can not buy different currency once.

That is with either payment options. Angry

I think it is unfair. Just because our president can't count does not mean the rest of us can't either.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Bought a S7 from Batch 5 I have two EVGA Supernova G2 1300 watt PSU's I want to use with it the question is The S5 when using one PSU only measures 11.88v on the PCI-E Connectors when Under full load "HASHING" no overclock does anybody think if I use two PSU's on the S7 will it give me a problem ?

Question 2: what does the S7 do when it don't get enough voltage does it BURN UP like the S5 ?

Question 3: Are there any 1500 watt 12vdc to 15vdc variable output server PSU's out there if so what's the link ?

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

Interestingly, S7 batch 6 went from 162 to 145 chips (144? as 145 cannot be divided by 3-weird)

This contains an error, they put 45 chips per hasboard, total 135 chips, not 145:

batch 1, 3 and 5: 4860 / 162 = 30 (total hashpower / number of chips = hashpower per chip)
batch 6: 4050 / 30 = 135 (total hashpower / hashpower per chip = number of chips)

Well the maths works for 135 Chips . The only snag is that with 45 chips / Board the only maths that works is 15 Nodes of 3 Chips, one less node than with 144 Chips and that would mean that the Core Voltage with a 12V Supply would be even higher. 12V / 15 = 0.8V and that is way too high. That is if the BM1385 Data Sheet is to be believed?

Rich

And whats the deal? Its the same price, or even higher than the "lesser batches" for less hashrate. What is this, the "Lays marketing trick" where they just sell less chips per bag but use the same price to milk more money off customers?

They must have implemented something on the board to regulate down the Voltage to the 0.6X range, why go through all this trouble? I don't get it and its bothering me, mostly because i was thinking on picking up one soon, i guess.

This is not what i had in mind when the rumors of the "S7 mini" started going around...
Activity: 106

I've got 2 of my machines using one of these power supplies.  1 EVGA Supernova G2 1300 watt PSU per S7.
Been humming along for a couple weeks without issues.
Activity: 588

Rich

Activity: 110
OregonMines Official Account

For Sale is
ANTMINER S7 BATCH 6

AntMiner S7 BATCH 6 with 4.05th/s is available to order. Shipping may start between Dec. 7 ~ Dec. 17 (if shipped out 5 days later than it, it won't be considered as delay ).

Chip quantity per unit: 145x BM1385
Rated Voltage: 11.60 ~ 13.00V
Dimensions: 301mm(L)*123mm(W)*155mm(H)

Interesting decision on their part... looks like still has 3 blades.  So were talking 9 PCIe + 1 controller.... for even less hash.  I was hoping to see a dual blade with this rumored version.

I'm guessing quality control was not working they kept having to check if each  hashboard ran at higher freq.  So I'm guessing they lowered it all and now they don't have to do as much quality control, and not having to sell higher and lower freq version.

strange though because it still says default freq is 600M
They are using less chips per board.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

For Sale is
ANTMINER S7 BATCH 6

AntMiner S7 BATCH 6 with 4.05th/s is available to order. Shipping may start between Dec. 7 ~ Dec. 17 (if shipped out 5 days later than it, it won't be considered as delay ).

Chip quantity per unit: 145x BM1385
Rated Voltage: 11.60 ~ 13.00V
Dimensions: 301mm(L)*123mm(W)*155mm(H)

Interesting decision on their part... looks like still has 3 blades.  So were talking 9 PCIe + 1 controller.... for even less hash.  I was hoping to see a dual blade with this rumored version.

I'm guessing quality control was not working they kept having to check if each  hashboard ran at higher freq.  So I'm guessing they lowered it all and now they don't have to do as much quality control, and not having to sell higher and lower freq version.

strange though because it still says default freq is 600M
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
I think this product is not worth more than $ 1,000, maximum $ 1,100

They have the price set to 4 BTC now...so let's get that BTC price down to 250 and then it's a buy.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I think this product is not worth more than $ 1,000, maximum $ 1,100
Jump to: