Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 223. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 572
Merit: 506
are the S7 4,86THs version sold out at the moment?
coming a new batch in the future?
if a other hardware on the world, thas is also so good as the S7?

Best Regards
Willi

Probably yes, in near future there is the avalon 6, in sometime (early next year) will be the B-Eleven and also we will have the spondoolies SP-50 (last one does 110.000 Gh/s...), but S7 is good enough right now... in some time we will know more...
Activity: 1061
Merit: 502
RIP: S5, A faithful device long time
I have three dedicated 240v runs that have three s7's running from three PDU's. Based on sag from a calculator I used online and other insight I was educated that three at full load would be the max I could run.

If I hit greater than 80% usage with 10awg wires on each 240v breaker, will it cause a potential for fire? Could I add a some of the lower s7's to fill in the difference between the sag limit for continuous load?

WOW! Is photo in your garage  Huh How much working hours that cost, have you count it? (Personal question)
Activity: 1061
Merit: 502
RIP: S5, A faithful device long time
Theres water cooling system for it?  Shocked Money is solution on lot of problems  Sad I work on weeks, not getting job for weekends  Undecided
60% tax in nightshift etc
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Best Regards
Willi

They are all sold out except for the Batch 6, 4.05TH version. The interesting question will be, are we going to see any more 4.86TH units or are all future S7 going to 4.05TH?

Rich

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service

Best Regards
Willi
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Not sure if this has already been mentioned in the thread:

BITMAIN did correct the specifications on Batch 6 to say the following:  "5. Chip quantity per unit: 135 x BM1385"

I still find it confusing it says:

2. Power Consumption: 1042 W + 10% (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25C ambient temp)

3. Power Efficiency: 0.25 J/GH + 10% (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)

The reason this is confusing to me is because it does not say, "+/-" but only "+"

The BM1385 chip is capable of 32.5 GHS per chip at just 0.216 Watts of power usage per GHS with 0.66V core voltage.

I'm just totally confused at the moment.  Can someone chime in to help me understand if it is 1042 watts at the wall @ 600MHz or 1,146.2 watts (+10%) ??
The same instant bitmain put up b6 up, and was ignored like I usually am.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12893262
and another post regarding efficiency 2 posts down

In a way or another this last batch isn't as efficient as all previous s7. Up to (not saying it IS) 15% less efficient I'd say. And not a single word has been mentioned by them regarding this and they couldn't even put actual efficiency. They just put this "+" stuff to misguide people.

What do you expect? Really, Bitmain is the only manufacturer of mining equipment for the "Home" miner. They have the monopoly and can do whatever they please. Their mentality is - If you don't like their policies and practices, well, go find another manufacturer.

Till there is real competition, expect this crap.

My opinion is .... there is a lot of instability within the chip. That is why there are so many different versions, hashrates and clock speeds. So instead of just tossing the QC failed boards, they have been individually testing each hashboard to grade the board for the different batches therefore mitigating their production losses.

This board with less chips, lower hashrate, but with greater power usage, My guess would be this was the original batch 1 that just absolutely failed expectations and resulted a re-design leading to the boards that are in the B1,B2,B3 etc .... They did say they had a very limited number of them.

It would make sense considering their past behavior of recycling the QC fails.

well said, bitmain can do whatever he wants, but if any of us buy products from them will learn that you have to respect their customers, in fact I'm not buying more hardware bitcoin.

1) I do not like the policy bitmain.
2) the price is too high.
3) the material is too poor.
4) If you pay in bitcoin not least I have to pay shipping.
5) must declare a lower price to save us in duties.
6) 90-day warranty are too few
7) for international users should have a distributor for Europe to pay less tax.

Cool there is a dealer in europe, but the price is 2 times more expensive.
9) fails when a miner shipping charges to the customer, saying state as the price $ 15, cosiloro not pay customs duties.

as for me, bitmain is only a thief, greedy for money, and has no respect for its customers.
but on what you altronte pretente by a Chinese?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I have three dedicated 240v runs that have three s7's running from three PDU's. Based on sag from a calculator I used online and other insight I was educated that three at full load would be the max I could run.

If I hit greater than 80% usage with 10awg wires on each 240v breaker, will it cause a potential for fire? Could I add a some of the lower s7's to fill in the difference between the sag limit for continuous load?

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
Weird

If you click the s7 banner on antpool dashboard it lets you buy a batch 3 unit.. Brought me all the way through checkout and to the purchase part with the custom wallet addy to send the coins.. Even got an email for it to complete my purchase

Of course I'm not gonna gamble my BTC and actually pay the order, I'm pretty sure it's just a glitch and someone forgot to edit the banner and remove batch 3 page
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Anyone come up with a power cycle schedule for s7's? I have noticed that if they run for more then five days they tend to slow, but if I hard cycle them, then soft cycle them they are good for about five days.

I have good power, so I know it's not power related. Is it firmware issues or something with the hashing boards over time.

Is my observations of metrics an anomaly or did I miss a thread?

Thanks in advance for third party insights!

Ufo
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
What percentage of hardware errors did this give you?

One miner was giving me lots of HW errors and when i removed the fans to check the heatsinks, surprise...one missging

http://s27.postimg.org/d65o6xw1b/20151107_094758.jpg

http://s27.postimg.org/utivregkv/20151107_094816.jpg

http://s27.postimg.org/o4gxp4kmn/20151107_094840.jpg

What can i do ? Write to Bitmain or  buy heatsinks? Where from ?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Assuming it's still a string design now with 15 Nodes the Core voltage has increased from 0.66V to 0.8V. If you believe the BM1385 data Sheet, which I am now uncertain of, then the J/GH will be worse than 0.3J/GH, that translates to at least a 20% increase in power to 1250W.

However too many if's and unknowns in the equation for my liking...

Rich

I was seeing the same thing, Rich.  Which has me wondering if the "+10%" is correct.  Meaning, 1042 watts + 10% is also based off of the lowest voltage of 11.6 Volts and not the highest of 13.0 Volts.  At 11.6 Volts the core voltage is 0.77V for 15 strings.  At 12.0 Volts the core voltage is like you said, "0.8V for 15 strings."  

So, it appears they may have kept the original specifications for 162 chips with 18 strings and simply want us to add 10% to those original specifications now that they are using 135 chips in 15 strings.  At least that's the way I'm understanding it at the moment.
I disagree, it was B4/B5 that was limited. this one is not.
Also, boards are completely different with 135 vs 164 chips.
I believe that from now on it will be just B6 or alike.
Perhaps, this configuration is more amenable for the next gen of chips.

With btc at 388, I don't know, but if we correct to $325 and btc price/machine stays, I would be getting some.
Besides, you can safely use worse PSU's if you got them.

Well, if your prediction is correct, I hope these are actually 1,042 watts instead of an additional 10% on top of that.  

However, f it is another 10% on top of that, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Assuming it's still a string design now with 15 Nodes the Core voltage has increased from 0.66V to 0.8V. If you believe the BM1385 data Sheet, which I am now uncertain of, then the J/GH will be worse than 0.3J/GH, that translates to at least a 20% increase in power to 1250W.

However too many if's and unknowns in the equation for my liking...

Rich
Activity: 277
Merit: 250

This board with less chips, lower hashrate, but with greater power usage, My guess would be this was the original batch 1 that just absolutely failed expectations and resulted a re-design leading to the boards that are in the B1,B2,B3 etc .... They did say they had a very limited number of them.

I suppose that is possible with Batch 6.  I was looking for them saying, "limited number of them" but I could not find it.  Only time will tell when we see B7, B8, etc...

With btc at 388, I don't know, but if we correct to $325 and btc price/machine stays, I would be getting some.

Ack, my bad. I forgot these were batch 6. I had B4 abd B5 on the mind with the limited.

I have no clue then. Different design, different specifications, should have a different modeling number.... Its already a nightmare to figure out what S7's are what just with all the differences between B1 thru B5, now add in B6 with a different board design and specifications - then looking the same from the exterior..... buyer beware when buying from a re-seller or buying used.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Well, if your prediction is correct, I hope these are actually 1,042 watts instead of an additional 10% on top of that.  

However, f it is another 10% on top of that, it's not a deal breaker for me.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

I suppose that is possible with Batch 6.  I was looking for them saying, "limited number of them" but I could not find it.  Only time will tell when we see B7, B8, etc...

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

I suppose that is possible with Batch 6.  I was looking for them saying, "limited number of them" but I could not find it.  Only time will tell when we see B7, B8, etc...
Activity: 277
Merit: 250

BITMAIN did correct the specifications on Batch 6 to say the following:  "5. Chip quantity per unit: 135 x BM1385"

2. Power Consumption: 1042 W + 10% (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25C ambient temp)

3. Power Efficiency: 0.25 J/GH + 10% (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)

The reason this is confusing to me is because it does not say, "+/-" but only "+"

The BM1385 chip is capable of 32.5 GHS per chip at just 0.216 Watts of power usage per GHS with 0.66V core voltage.

I'm just totally confused at the moment.  Can someone chime in to help me understand if it is 1042 watts at the wall @ 600MHz or 1,146.2 watts (+10%) ??

In a way or another this last batch isn't as efficient as all previous s7. Up to (not saying it IS) 15% less efficient I'd say. And not a single word has been mentioned by them regarding this and they couldn't even put actual efficiency. They just put this "+" stuff to misguide people.

What do you expect? Really, Bitmain is the only manufacturer of mining equipment for the "Home" miner. They have the monopoly and can do whatever they please. Their mentality is - If you don't like their policies and practices, well, go find another manufacturer.

Till there is real competition, expect this crap.

My opinion is .... there is a lot of instability within the chip. That is why there are so many different versions, hashrates and clock speeds. So instead of just tossing the QC failed boards, they have been individually testing each hashboard to grade the board for the different batches therefore mitigating their production losses.

It would make sense considering their past behavior of recycling the QC fails.
Activity: 484
Merit: 251

I have put my thoughts in the S7 "Lite" Thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12902245

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12911092

Still very confusing and in summary far from certain that Bitmain knows what the spec is yet.  Smiley

Rich

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Jump to: