Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 235. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
raised prices, instead of decreasing them get up, that sucks
Activity: 175
Merit: 101
cryptominer.ca
I was wrong too, I was expected a bigger price increase. Well, that's nice Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Still the same price as before, $1700 and $1800. Wonder why they didn't raise the prices. I am sure people would pay more.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
B2 and B3 are gone from bitmaintech website, I guess about an hour before new batches show up.
Oops,  forgot time change.
Activity: 175
Merit: 101
cryptominer.ca
legendary
Activity: 1456

Antminer S7 Batch 4 and Batch 5 will open sale later tonight with limited quantity, at 8:00pm of Beijing time Smiley
Place order in our website directly: https://bitmaintech.com/product.htm

Interesting thanks for update.  Are you able to say will this be last of this design for sale?  

I would love if you confirm leak of Mr. Lee Smiley

New s7 information
bitmain told me that new s7 will be released to market after another 10 days, so should be on 10th Nov, they deduce the chip amount on s7, so the hashrate of new s7 will be only around 3.5T. The price for new s7 still under discussion and will be released next week

I don't expect response but figured did not hurt to ask.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Anyone powered his S7 using only 1 PCi-E 6 per board ?
I have powered them with only 1 cable per board for the last 2 days and they were working fine
Just today I read somewhere that it actually needs all 3 cables per board.

That's over 350W DC for 1 cable.  The connectors/pins are only rated for a maxijum of 324W, and those ratings aren't overly conservative given the demanding environments mining puts on them (vibration + high ambient temps).  Plug more cables into them, like now...

Edit: Plus it violates Bitmain's ridiculous warranty terms...

I'm doing 8 total, 2 each to outside boards and 3 to center plus controller. That way I can use 2 dell 750 PSU with 8 cables. Using high quality 16awg cables and breakout boards. No issues. Been monitoring temps of connectors and cables. Avg connect temp is 79F. Miner runs at 55-59c and ambient temp is 69-72F.

That would be 175w per cable on the boards with 2 plugged in. Consumer PSU may not handle this since cables are lower gauge and will heat up more.

I have dell 750 server PSU also...can you PM where you bought your breakout boards
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Antminer S7 Batch 4 and Batch 5 will open sale later tonight with limited quantity, at 8:00pm of Beijing time Smiley

My paid order ANTMINER S7 BATCH 3 × 2  is still not shipped. Paid with USD , payment confirmed with imeil from Bitmain 10-22-2015
Order ID: 0012015092900065

Is this a punishment for use USD payment ?
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine

good to hear that new batches are coming up, but my order that was PAID, CONFIRMED & placed has no movement at all Huh

Order Details
ORDER ID:
DATE:
2015-10-25 10:44:32

I hope BMT can improve the S&H + on time Delivery.

better not jump the gun yet ... something wasn't announced ........................................... PRICE & when is it going to be delivered ?
legendary

What will be the price for those batches?
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com

Activity: 107
Merit: 30
The last quote I got from Great North Data was $60/KW but you had to have a minimum requirement of 30KW in equipment.  I wanted to send 20 S5s to them but that was only 11-12KW and they would not take it.

Hi,

I'm based in Canada too and I do hosting. My rates are (Taxes included) 74.73 CAD which is currently ~ 57 USD / kW. I don't have any minimum and I'm currently working on a new website where customers will be able to manage their miners. There is no minimum needed.. (Why would there be...??)

My website is currently http://cryptominer.ca .

Just PM/send me an email if you are interested.

Well there you go guys!  It soulds like a pretty good possibility for a host site...

EDIT:  I am having a bit of an issue reaching the http://cryptominer.ca website...
EDIT 2:  I did finally get past the certificate issue...

Just wanted to mention that I also provide miner hosting through my company, JeffColo. I am located near Portland, OR and have very competitive rates, with no taxes and no import fees or duties. The one downside I have had is that I'm typically full with no remaining vacancy.

Recently though there have been a fair number of customers who have been selling off old gear and I do have some room opening up shortly. However only about 30-40kW, I do have an expansion underway that will add another 500kW but it won't likely be available until late December/early January.

In addition to mining gear I also host traditional servers at the same rates I offer miners in terms of power usage. So if you want a dedicated management server or something thats no problem. I also have a VPS setup and I can provide you with a management/logging/proxy VM if you need.

I have all the standard stuff;

* Insured against theft and disaster
* Multi-homed (1 Gbps fiber / 100 Mbit cable / 30 Mbps 4G LTE)
* Redundant network core and routing
* Critical infrastructure and virtualization on UPS

I do not have a website, no need or time. If you want more details email me at jeff at jeffcolo.net

Activity: 575
Merit: 500
Hello

Have a question.

What should I consider when chosing a mining pool?. I have a S7 B2 on its way to my house. It should be delivered on thursday and this is my first miner.

I have been reading about the different methods each pool work (PPS, PPLNS, DGM, SMPPS, etc...) and also we can find several pools on each method. Which method and which pool do you think work better and why? If two given pools work on PPS for example, how is that possible that one of them could have their luck on "-8%" (just saying something), I thought statiscally both of them should be "the same thing" (of course according to their each mining total power)

Do they have any trick I should take care of?

Is there anyway to measure efficiency of each mining pool without having to test each pool for several hours or days?

Thank you
Luck is just a laymans term for variance. If you mine on a pool having bad "luck" you'll earn the same BTC in the long run as a pool having good "luck". The luck on a pool just shows how fast or slow it has recently been finding blocks. Over time a pool will find the same amount of blocks to match it's hashrate, so a bigger pool doesn't earn more. A pool with 1% of the total hashrate will find 1% of blocks over time, and the payouts will be spread out over less miners than a big pool so they will earn the same over time regardless of current luck. A 1% pool can go long periods of time with bad luck, which you might not be comfortable with I was just using it as an example.  PPS method has no luck factor, the pool might just be displaying the luck even though it doesn't have any effect on payouts. PPS usually has higher fees, so it's a personal preference, personally I avoid it since I'll make the same amount with the other payout methods just with more variance.

http://eligius.st/~gateway/
is my personal favorite, it's as close to pps as possible with zero fees. It does have long round times due to being a smaller pool at the moment, but during good luck your old shares from bad luck are paid. It also pays out in MINED coins, not the pool sending you BTC. So the coins show up in your wallet as mined, it's still just BTC just kind of cool. And being a smaller pool you're helping keep the blockchain decentralized which is good for bitcoin. 
If you need/want more steady payouts daily obviously you will need to go on a bigger pool, if it's one of the bigger pools I would just choose the one with the lowest fee and not worry too much about luck. Slush pool is also a good pool, I have never mined f2pool or antpool.

One thing I would add is if you are very depended on ROI for hardware, or power costs then a smaller pool with higher variance can pay less. Because of large diff increases, like we are seeing now the more block you are part of in the diff window the better. If you get paid on 350 blocks in the 12 or so days at current diff vs getting paid for 5 in the diff window. That is even more important on a PPS pool since your paid based on network diff.
Activity: 835
There is NO Freedom without Privacy
Hello

Have a question.

What should I consider when chosing a mining pool?. I have a S7 B2 on its way to my house. It should be delivered on thursday and this is my first miner.

I have been reading about the different methods each pool work (PPS, PPLNS, DGM, SMPPS, etc...) and also we can find several pools on each method. Which method and which pool do you think work better and why? If two given pools work on PPS for example, how is that possible that one of them could have their luck on "-8%" (just saying something), I thought statiscally both of them should be "the same thing" (of course according to their each mining total power)

Do they have any trick I should take care of?

Is there anyway to measure efficiency of each mining pool without having to test each pool for several hours or days?

Thank you
Luck is just a laymans term for variance. If you mine on a pool having bad "luck" you'll earn the same BTC in the long run as a pool having good "luck". The luck on a pool just shows how fast or slow it has recently been finding blocks. Over time a pool will find the same amount of blocks to match it's hashrate, so a bigger pool doesn't earn more. A pool with 1% of the total hashrate will find 1% of blocks over time, and the payouts will be spread out over less miners than a big pool so they will earn the same over time regardless of current luck. A 1% pool can go long periods of time with bad luck, which you might not be comfortable with I was just using it as an example.  PPS method has no luck factor, the pool might just be displaying the luck even though it doesn't have any effect on payouts. PPS usually has higher fees, so it's a personal preference, personally I avoid it since I'll make the same amount with the other payout methods just with more variance.

http://eligius.st/~gateway/
is my personal favorite, it's as close to pps as possible with zero fees. It does have long round times due to being a smaller pool at the moment, but during good luck your old shares from bad luck are paid. It also pays out in MINED coins, not the pool sending you BTC. So the coins show up in your wallet as mined, it's still just BTC just kind of cool. And being a smaller pool you're helping keep the blockchain decentralized which is good for bitcoin. 
If you need/want more steady payouts daily obviously you will need to go on a bigger pool, if it's one of the bigger pools I would just choose the one with the lowest fee and not worry too much about luck. Slush pool is also a good pool, I have never mined f2pool or antpool.

Activity: 277
Merit: 250
someone here who is thinking about mineral oil cooling, like this:
(immersion)

or is this cheaper?
(fan)

Fan's are by far cheaper.  That is why almost every miner is one with fan's.

There are a few water cooled miners, but very few.  Half have been modded to get water cooling.  It's been a while since I've seen a mod even using immersion.  

I'm thinking of doing just that .... mineral oil immersion cooling and see just how far I can push some miners. Not the S7's though. I'm not messing with the S7's till the warentee is up, THEN ... I'll mess around with them sandwiching the hash boards between two slabs of aluminum heatsink extrusion instead of using the little stock sticky heatsinks among other things.

With winter coming, using a mineral oil immersion cooling system, I can easily extract the heat for the house, then send the mineral oil loop outside for good ol Mother Nature refrigeration and chill the chips, boards, wiring, connectors ... everything. Every part of the miner gets in contact with the cooling medium - the mineral oil ( IE Transformer oil ).

I've been wanting to do this since the Block Errupter Cubes came out but technology was changing and improving so fast that by the time I'd plan how to do it, the miners would be obsolete. Now that the technology advancement is slowing a bit, I think I can play with mineral oil cooling.

Now if you REALLY wanna get serious, just start imagining what you could do if you had a couple piping loops that went into the earth like a geo-thermal cooling system, except using the earth's natural 50-55 degree F. ground temp to chill the mineral oil any time of the year.
legendary
That is consistent with my experience.  I have had many new cables/connectors under high loads that stay nice and cool, but a few months later they start getting hot.  I have also noticed variance even between samples of high quality cables.  After many negative experiences with KncMiner Neptunes that only have one PCIe, I plan to use all three on my S7s for backup and redundancy.  Burning my house down to save a few $'s on cables is not worth it for me.

Today I got the smell of smoke from my Corsair CX750M

It was connected with one S7 board and S7 controller.

Were all the PSUs connected to the same wall?

Ground needs to be the same.

My advice is to unplug it if you smell smoke.  I would inspect the miner to see where it's coming from for sure.  See if PSU if inside it or more likely a PCIe cord.

Upgrade PSU I highly suggest.  You can use PSU's for multiple generations of miners they will pay off.   Also if you downsize the nicer PSU's hold better value then lower quality. 
legendary
That is consistent with my experience.  I have had many new cables/connectors under high loads that stay nice and cool, but a few months later they start getting hot.  I have also noticed variance even between samples of high quality cables.  After many negative experiences with KncMiner Neptunes that only have one PCIe, I plan to use all three on my S7s for backup and redundancy.  Burning my house down to save a few $'s on cables is not worth it for me.

Today I got the smell of smoke from my Corsair CX750M

It was connected with one S7 board and S7 controller.

Were all the PSUs connected to the same wall?

Ground needs to be the same.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
So I have decided to overclock one of my machines, Just to see, and well I would like some feedback, Temps are good, the error rate is good but what are peoples thoughts on the maximum safe frequency.

Or do people think this is already too far, Im not going to run this for long but would like to test for 24 hours with this machine, My ambient temps are low (8c-14c) and im using 2x EVGA 1300w gold PSUs on this one machine.

post a screen shot after 1 hour run time

post a screen shot after 3 hours run time

then I will give an opinion.

for now you have a 7 minute screen shot which is too short to make a guess on my part.

hint if your temps stay under 50 and your errors under 0.0050% you are in good shape
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
So I have decided to overclock one of my machines, Just to see, and well I would like some feedback, Temps are good, the error rate is good but what are peoples thoughts on the maximum safe frequency.

Or do people think this is already too far, Im not going to run this for long but would like to test for 24 hours with this machine, My ambient temps are low (8c-14c) and im using 2x EVGA 1300w gold PSUs on this one machine.

http://i63.tinypic.com/n3an43.png

legendary
someone here who is thinking about mineral oil cooling, like this:
(immersion)

or is this cheaper?
(fan)

Fan's are by far cheaper.  That is why almost every miner is one with fan's.

There are a few water cooled miners, but very few.  Half have been modded to get water cooling.  It's been a while since I've seen a mod even using immersion.  
Jump to: