Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 238. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Running against nicehash.
S5's would every so often crash the os against nicehash as it was switching rentals.
My remote pdu allowed me to cycle the power and bring them back up.
The s5's are gone now.

Just now my first s7 had the os crash with nicehash.
Did the remote pdu power recycle and it is back hashing away.
More of an impact when 5th are taken out rather than the 1th.

Now I only have a single S7 but haven't had this issue before.  Up 2200 minutes still with nicehash.

Why are you running on nicehash?  I can't figure out why people still are.  Seems like negative amounts each time I look at site.

I think you would make more off a standard pool.  But I could be wrong on this.  It's currently -8 percent compared to mining BTC.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
S5's would every so often crash the os against nicehash as it was switching rentals.
The s5's are gone now.

Now I only have a single S7 but haven't had this issue before.  Up 2200 minutes still with nicehash.
legendary
Activity: 1596
The last quote I got from Great North Data was $60/KW but you had to have a minimum requirement of 30KW in equipment.  I wanted to send 20 S5s to them but that was only 11-12KW and they would not take it.

Hi,

I'm based in Canada too and I do hosting. My rates are (Taxes included) 74.73 CAD which is currently ~ 57 USD / kW. I don't have any minimum and I'm currently working on a new website where customers will be able to manage their miners. There is no minimum needed.. (Why would there be...??)

My website is currently http://cryptominer.ca .

Just PM/send me an email if you are interested.

I can vouch for max having seen his setup and dealing with him in the past. He's straight.
Activity: 175
Merit: 101
cryptominer.ca
The last quote I got from Great North Data was $60/KW but you had to have a minimum requirement of 30KW in equipment.  I wanted to send 20 S5s to them but that was only 11-12KW and they would not take it.

Hi,

I'm based in Canada too and I do hosting. My rates are (Taxes included) 74.73 CAD which is currently ~ 57 USD / kW. I don't have any minimum and I'm currently working on a new website where customers will be able to manage their miners. There is no minimum needed.. (Why would there be...??)

My website is currently http://cryptominer.ca .

Just PM/send me an email if you are interested.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
I Dont know why but when I set manual fan speed on my S7 B2 its not geting above 1.5th after setting fan back to auto its at 4.6th.
Just tried setting it to 70% for 5 min but still its strange isnt it?

Hardware Version   1.5.3.0
Kernel Version   Linux 3.8.13 #22 SMP Tue Dec 2 15:26:11 CST 2014
File System Version   Tue Sep 15 16:50:19 CST 2015
Cgminer Version   4.8.0
Uptime   32
Load Average   1.18, 0.85, 0.73

It seems only 1 board is working; I would suggest trying a software reset after changing between auto and manual.  Also I would turn the manual setting to 50% or below.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
Does anybody know of any decent data center for miners in Southern California?

I have no clue where to look for a data center ( with the exception to a multi-level underground nuclear hardened facility out in Iowa ).... what questions to ask.... what to watch out for.... etc.

I would think that data centers would not like to have average joe schmos putting their equipment in their centers that have large corporations and what not hosted there.... just out of security sake.

great north data is really pretty good

http://www.greatnorthdata.com/

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/greatnorthdata-400812

Canada Based.  My next order from bitmaintech and or avalon will be going to his place

What are they charging per kw? assuming you buy like 10,000? Any setup fees or other maintenance fees?

Sent: Monday, May 11, 2015 6:40 PM
To: Carl Grissom
Subject: RE: Re: Hosting Inquiry

Carl,

I'm very sorry, but I've been talking to my business partners and they would like me to only sign contracts for at least 30kW. So I'm afraid we cannot take your machines. Sorry if I have wasted your time, this was only decided today. I could probably offer a slightly better rate if you were able to get to 30kW in demand.

Jamie
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I Dont know why but when I set manual fan speed on my S7 B2 its not geting above 1.5th after setting fan back to auto its at 4.6th.
Just tried setting it to 70% for 5 min but still its strange isnt it?

Hardware Version   1.5.3.0
Kernel Version   Linux 3.8.13 #22 SMP Tue Dec 2 15:26:11 CST 2014
File System Version   Tue Sep 15 16:50:19 CST 2015
Cgminer Version   4.8.0
Uptime   32
Load Average   1.18, 0.85, 0.73
legendary
Activity: 1232
Anyone powered his S7 using only 1 PCi-E 6 per board ?
I have powered them with only 1 cable per board for the last 2 days and they were working fine
Just today I read somewhere that it actually needs all 3 cables per board.

wow that's gutsy. cables not getting warm?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I have powered them with only 1 cable per board for the last 2 days and they were working fine

Depends on the gauge wire on your PCI-e cables.  It's a bit risky to do it with only one.  Two 16 AWG PCI-e cords will do fine.  Mine are at room temperature with only 2 x 16 AWG PCI-e cords.  J4berrwock's 16 AWG cords are the ones I'm using.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 119357 times)

Sold Out

Edit your title! there is no s7 available on your site at this moment!

I agree. They really should put more support in this thread since this forum is probably 99% of all their sales.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250

Clearance delay
WAUKESHA, WI

Ship date:
Fri 10/30/2015
SHENZHEN CN

Scheduled delivery:
Pending
KEWASKUM, WI US

Shipment requires importer's registration/identification number for clearance. (Examples include EIN, SSN, VAT, GST, RFC, etc.)

Recommended action:
Importer must provide the required registration/ identification number.

No scheduled delivery date available at this time.

------------

Still stuck. Come on Bitmain, Send the info required to FedEx so I can get my miners....
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
Bitmain, any plan to make a 2 board model with S5 style heatsink ?
That is probably what they are doing, there was a mention of a 3.x TH/s S7 somewhere in this thread. Something about being competitive with another 3,x TH/s miner coming out from another company
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 119357 times)

Sold Out

Edit your title! there is no s7 available on your site at this moment!
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
Does anybody know of any decent data center for miners in Southern California?

I have no clue where to look for a data center ( with the exception to a multi-level underground nuclear hardened facility out in Iowa ).... what questions to ask.... what to watch out for.... etc.

I would think that data centers would not like to have average joe schmos putting their equipment in their centers that have large corporations and what not hosted there.... just out of security sake.

great north data is really pretty good

http://www.greatnorthdata.com/

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/greatnorthdata-400812

Canada Based.  My next order from bitmaintech and or avalon will be going to his place

What are they charging per kw? assuming you buy like 10,000? Any setup fees or other maintenance fees?
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Interesting thing I noticed on my Batch 1 order I received a month late earlier this month.

I decided to change the airflow and vent into my garage for the winter since I live in Texas and we don't ever run the heater.

I chassis-connected all nine of my s7's that were delivered weeks after the Chinese holiday. I had noticed that two of the miners were always a little bit lower on 24 hour averages and seemed flaky. I have two miners that will randomly start throwing a mild amount of errors and switchover to my second and third pools, which I never thought much of to be honest.

When I took them all down from their prior mounts and connected them I noticed the rev dates on the hashing boards. I have seven 1.6 version boards, a single 1.5 and a single 1.4 board, guess which ones I am noticing the weirdness from...

Anyone else notice the flakiness from the 1.4/1.5 boards? After waiting for over a month I guess it surprised me that I got the older rev boards from B1.

Ufo

My early B1 is even worst, V1.3. So much for ordering early. 2 of the boards didn't work, later found out they have loose chips. This board doesn't work with controller with later version hash boards. My second B1 and B3 came with V1.7.  It does hash at 1.62 TH (running it by itself) on average.
This is good information. Do you have to pull the boards to see the revision?
I imagine the rear fan has to come off to pull the boards.
They are not connected to anything internally. Just the external hash connector and the three pcie.
And my middle hash board is not as snug as the other two.

I just checked my Batch 1 which was shipped about the 14-15th and all 3 boards are V1.5 and have had no problem to report. I run at 612 freq and get 4.85TH/s
The revision in on the hash board at the top at the back as you look at the right hand side of the board.
The one I just put a fan on has three v1.4 boards.
It runs 600 and 4.86ths
The s5's are gone now.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Interesting thing I noticed on my Batch 1 order I received a month late earlier this month.

I decided to change the airflow and vent into my garage for the winter since I live in Texas and we don't ever run the heater.

I chassis-connected all nine of my s7's that were delivered weeks after the Chinese holiday. I had noticed that two of the miners were always a little bit lower on 24 hour averages and seemed flaky. I have two miners that will randomly start throwing a mild amount of errors and switchover to my second and third pools, which I never thought much of to be honest.

When I took them all down from their prior mounts and connected them I noticed the rev dates on the hashing boards. I have seven 1.6 version boards, a single 1.5 and a single 1.4 board, guess which ones I am noticing the weirdness from...

Anyone else notice the flakiness from the 1.4/1.5 boards? After waiting for over a month I guess it surprised me that I got the older rev boards from B1.

Ufo

My early B1 is even worst, V1.3. So much for ordering early. 2 of the boards didn't work, later found out they have loose chips. This board doesn't work with controller with later version hash boards. My second B1 and B3 came with V1.7.  It does hash at 1.62 TH (running it by itself) on average.
They are not connected to anything internally. Just the external hash connector and the three pcie.

I just checked my Batch 1 which was shipped about the 14-15th and all 3 boards are V1.5 and have had no problem to report. I run at 612 freq and get 4.85TH/s

Ufo

My early B1 is even worst, V1.3. So much for ordering early. 2 of the boards didn't work, later found out they have loose chips. This board doesn't work with controller with later version hash boards. My second B1 and B3 came with V1.7.  It does hash at 1.62 TH (running it by itself) on average.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

Ufo

Jump to: