Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 355. (Read 527816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
If the 4.66 TH/s instead of 4.86 TH/s is true, and many of us begin to receive a similar email, what would be a reasonable discount?

Anyone care to chime in?

Depends on the power consumption. Assuming similar efficiency I think they would refund the percentage difference (~5%) and offer a choice of a coupon twice that amount (~10%).

Let us know how it goes.   I would be surprised if you can get them to do double.  But if you do that is a decent deal.

Makes me wonder if they had multiple batches on making miners since some did not get this.   

I have 8 hours of running the standard Frequency of 600 with an output of average of 4.65th/s. 
1168W
10.01A
temp 41, 39, 38
Fan 2880rpm on both
110VAC
using 3 ANTEC 750W Platinum PSUs.

After seeing your quote [twice now] of a hash rate close to 4.6 TH/s instead of 4.8 TH/s, I believe the email received by the other member from BITMAIN is legit.  I believe they really are having issues achieving the proclaimed hash rate.  Maybe they will have it panned out soon.  If not, expect to receive an email soon for a discount/coupon.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
What's the latest order date to have shipped so far?

Was thinking about opening a new thread where we can copy the post and add our order/pay date to, so we can maybe get a idea where they are on shipping dates?

Also wondering if the lower hash rate they have showing up is another reason that the batch 1 sells were stopped until they get a handle on it.
Activity: 786
Damn, mine was on the same plane as the rest of you that went thru Anchorage instead of straight  to Louisville Hub. That's an extra hop and now it's at the Mt Hope Ontario UPS Hub and hadn't left yet at 7 AM (which is when they usually leave Mt Hope). It won't make it to Ottawa in time to be delivered today. One day lost already.

EDIT: Got another email from UPS explaining why the plane didn't depart Mt Hope at 7 AM: "A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day."

Some days you just gotta shake your head and laugh.
Activity: 786
So talked with a rep on the phone and it looks like US Customs flagged 1 out of 2 total packages and now I have to pay $39.74 in taxes / duties / import fees.

She said customs probably overlooked my other package which is why only one was flagged

I didnt realize we have to pay these fees in the US, and what a bunch of BS that 1 must have made it through without discrepancy, but the other requires this fee? when its the same damn thing

I thought we're not supposed to pay import taxes if it's under $2.5K.

Must be nice!!!  Here in Ontario we generally pay 13% tax + brokerage + duty (if applicable) I'd love to pay $40 on an $1800 package!

I would probably love to have your power costs though.  I imagine you are paying no more than $0.05 to $0.06 cents per kWH?

Ontario not so much, they pay about CAD $0.14/KW I think. Quebec is better at CAD $0.08, but you have to put up with living in a shit hole province.

Ontario is expensive-ie: up to 20 cents in some cities. Newfoundland/Labrador is cheapest -ie: 3-4 cents. That's why Great North Data is the cheapest place to host miners. Their pricing is even better than Toomin Bros.
legendary
Activity: 1596
What's the latest order date to have shipped so far?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
My order was placed on 9/1, still no shipping notification or reduced hashrate email. Waiting patiently.
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
If the 4.66 TH/s instead of 4.86 TH/s is true, and many of us begin to receive a similar email, what would be a reasonable discount?

Anyone care to chime in?

Depends on the power consumption. Assuming similar efficiency I think they would refund the percentage difference (~5%) and offer a choice of a coupon twice that amount (~10%).

Let us know how it goes.   I would be surprised if you can get them to do double.  But if you do that is a decent deal.

Makes me wonder if they had multiple batches on making miners since some did not get this.   

I have 8 hours of running the standard Frequency of 600 with an output of average of 4.65th/s. 
1168W
10.01A
temp 41, 39, 38
Fan 2880rpm on both
110VAC

I am seeing some people doing with their S7 "only" 4650Gh/s at default feq., Is only happend a some/less people or almost everyone?  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
You can negotiate for commercial contracts that don't use time-of-use here in Ontario as well Prelude.  The actual  rate for commercial customers between 50kW and 5mW peak is under 3 ¢ CDN / kWh, however you are again subject to the Global Adjustment rate, which at present makes up almost 80% of the cost of electricity.  We have the liberals to thank for that shit show.

yeah, ontario baserate is meaningless since the fees make up such a huge part of it.

that $0.03/kwh probably averages out closer to $0.07-0.09/kwh on billing
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
For some of my orders.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
legendary

Agreed.  Either way... I'm happy to get new gear.  I certainly have not received such an email.  I placed my order on September 9th.  They may have it worked out [Back to 4.86 TH/s] by the time they get to fulfilling my order.

My order/pay date (8th) is 1 day ahead of yours dmwardjr and I also have not received this notice. I also went back and see that Bitmain didn't do what they have done in the past when reporting the expected hash rate and use the +/- 10% or a 4.66 miner would still be within the range of the miners the email says they have left. with so far only 1 person reporting this email I wonder if it authentic or not?

that why i post here for asking the truth .. not because i am newbie make me not authntic.

Not you but I question if the email you received is really from Bitmain.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Anyone care to chime in?

1168W
10.01A
temp 41, 39, 38
Fan 2880rpm on both
110VAC

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

Agreed.  Either way... I'm happy to get new gear.  I certainly have not received such an email.  I placed my order on September 9th.  They may have it worked out [Back to 4.86 TH/s] by the time they get to fulfilling my order.

My order/pay date (8th) is 1 day ahead of yours dmwardjr and I also have not received this notice. I also went back and see that Bitmain didn't do what they have done in the past when reporting the expected hash rate and use the +/- 10% or a 4.66 miner would still be within the range of the miners the email says they have left. with so far only 1 person reporting this email I wonder if it authentic or not?

that why i post here for asking the truth .. not because i am newbie make me not authntic.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Dear customer,
Thanks for your interest in our product.
We're arranging the shipment of S7 following order of full payment at the moment. But sorry to inform you that we don't have so many units that with announced hash rate of 4.86th/s miners. Right now, we have some miners with 4.66th/s and would like to ship them to you, for the missing part of hash rate, we'll provide you some refund. May you confirm whether it is OK for you?
Sorry for the inconvenience.

do anyone get this message ?

If this message is legit? Just looking at the broader implications of this beyond the refund / coupon issues. It is as has been said reminiscent of the S3 and presumably means they are having trouble getting an acceptable HW error rate with 12V. This could also tie in with the tight spec they have put on the 12V supply?

A few calcs show that they have probably dropped the clock rate from 600MHz to 575MHz, efficiency will remain the same and power consumption will drop from 1210W to 1160W.

With 10 Cents electricity Daily income will reduce by 8 Cents. To put this another way if you were to take delivery of a 4.86TH/S Miner 1 Day later than a 4.66TH/S Miner  it would take you 23 Days to make up the lost income.

What this does not bode well for is anyone who had expectations of overclocking the S7. Assuming the problem is a HW error one then I suspect that even a 4.86TH/S Miner is not going to accept a Frequency increase at 12V.

Looking at the BM1385 data sheet v the S7 performance it looks like they had already turned the clock down with the 4.86TH/S unit as with a Core Voltage of 0.66V we should have been running with at least 650MHz with 5.265TH/S (32.5GH/S x 162)

Rich
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Dear customer,
We're arranging the shipment of S7 following order of full payment at the moment. But sorry to inform you that we don't have so many units that with announced hash rate of 4.86th/s miners. Right now, we have some miners with 4.66th/s and would like to ship them to you, for the missing part of hash rate, we'll provide you some refund. May you confirm whether it is OK for you?

What email did it come from?

Sent:   Thursday, 24 Sep, 2015 11: 52 AM
legendary
Activity: 1456

Anyone care to chime in?

legendary
Activity: 1596
Dear customer,

What email did it come from?

For sure! They're just a very small minority.

What are the rate in NFL/Labrador?

I don't know exactly, but for commercial I'm under the impression it is <$0.06 CDN/kWh net. But the moose!!!!

LOL! Yeah, I hear they don't have too many of these guys:

I'm going to have to read up on that global adjustment rate, sounds like a hot pile of bullshit. Gotta love our governments.
Jump to: